Baseball at Ole Miss game 2

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Julien needs a slump-buster, stat.  And I mean, it is Oxford...

Well now I would agree with but Ole Miss has very few real slump-busters just to damn good looking

3 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Having a differing opinion = stupid about it, cool.  I suggest we stop this back and forth on this before it devolves into something less than cordial on my end.

And just like you.....that's my opinion. Why did you even bring it here in the first place? 

Casey is great....but not this weekend obviously.

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Well now I would agree with but Ole Miss has very few real slump-busters just to damn good looking

I'm from a MSU family, so I refuse to acknowledge that entirely true...i mean, highly exaggerated, statement  ?

2 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Past two innings, AU hitters are at least spitting on the first pitch offspeed better

I say that and Conor looks bad on another 55-footer from Fiegl.  Nothing for AU in the 5th.  Down 5-1 to the bottom of the inning

As for CM tonight....guess his pattern might also have involved pitching the first game of a series rather than watching it..   The loss put him in a "must win" situation which is not usually the case for him.

JMO but that is more significant than pitching a day "early"

Coach Gross needs to adjust some guys batting stances this offseason. We have players off the plate, choking up, with their arms into their body, then looking puzzled on why they cant reach an outside pitch. Fundamentals 101. 

Just now, AU64 said:

As for CM tonight....guess his pattern might also have involved pitching the first game of a series rather than watching it..   The loss put him in a "must win" situation which is not usually the case for him.

JMO but that is more significant than pitching a day "early"

The "must win" is every game he pitches because that's the way it's been this season in the SEC. It was the same with the FL game. 

Balls just bouncing UMs way right now.  Leadoff double that takes a hop over Venter's head at 3B to start the 5th

Horrible at the plate tonight. Lot of swings at pitches not even close to the strike zone. Unfortunately going to have games  like this. Just wish it was not tonight. 

1 minute ago, SCTiger2011 said:

I say that and Conor looks bad on another 55-footer from Fiegl.  Nothing for AU in the 5th.  Down 5-1 to the bottom of the inning

He looks bad because as big as he is, he starts with his arms and hands into his chest, and is leaning forward . Needs to widen up and get his arms away from his body. 

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

Coach Gross needs to adjust some guys batting stances this offseason. We have players off the plate, choking up, with their arms into their body, then looking puzzled on why they cant reach an outside pitch. Fundamentals 101. 

I wonder if these kids have some bad habits that are ingrained. I have to believe Gabe has been working on it.

Tough night so far. Hoping these young men can turn it around. 

Inning over but that inning featured two outs to the warning track and an RBI off the wall.  Might be it for 32 tonight.  6-1 after 5

Leadoff single for Jarvis in the 6th.  Auburn has to go now if they're going to.  Would love to see a 6-spot on the board

Archived