Baseball at Ole Miss game 2

7 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Well dang.....Brett Wright not having the best series defensively. 

This is turning into a beat-down.

The baserunner was dead if the throw doesn't hit him.  My favorite baseball expert would certainly tell us that's one of the reasons why you take your lead down in foul and back in fair at third base (I'm sure).  Ole Miss very comfortable playing at home...Auburn incredibly uncomfortable playing on the road.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Games kind of explain some of the disparity in rankings despite the similarity of our records..  

Yea, i think even though the West was jumbled up in the standings, based on an eye test I'd put the tiers of the SEC as Florida...big hole...Georgia/Arkansas/Ole Miss...another step down...Auburn, TAMU, Carolina. 

25 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

well, as possibly being the #1 pick in the draft, he better handle 'any' kind of pressure, if he wants to stay in the major leagues. 

we have no clue what is going through his mind pitching second in the series. It could just be Ole Miss knows how to approach his pitching.

Top pitchers have off days. Let's just say Mize is having his.

Some of that comes with maturity. And he usually handles it well. Just hasn't in a couple of games. Ole Miss had a great approach and they are a hitting machine.

Hard hit for Williams.  First and second, one out, and an angry Brett Wright up after the throwing error last inning.  Might be a good recipe

2 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

The baserunner was dead if the throw doesn't hit him.  My favorite baseball expert would certainly tell us that's why you take your lead down in foul and back in fair at third base (I'm sure).  Ole Miss very comfortable playing at home...Auburn incredibly uncomfortable playing on the road.

Not good on the road at all. Not sure what will cure that.

Hit down the RF line...Williams throws the runner out at second...called out...Ole Miss wants a review...

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

Come on Jack! Don't let it get to double digits.

Gotta' love Butch Thompson...rewarding Owen with an opportunity to pitch on the weekend.

Archived