2018-19 Bama GT C Brandon Kennedy (Joins Vols 6/14)

blueridge

AL.com is reporting that UA C Brandon Kennedy wants to transfer to either Auburn or Tennessee, but UA is trying to prevent him from transferring within the SEC. He has 2 years of eligibility remaining. Is Kennedy someone Auburn would be interested in landing? 

I thought they just did away with restrictions on transfers. Besides, since he graduated, he ought to have no restriction anyways

1 hour ago, blueridge said:

AL.com is reporting that UA C Brandon Kennedy wants to transfer to either Auburn or Tennessee, but UA is trying to prevent him from transferring within the SEC. He has 2 years of eligibility remaining. Is Kennedy someone Auburn would be interested in landing? 

Maybe but AU likely doesn't have room to add any more schollied players til January.

19 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I thought they just did away with restrictions on transfers.

Nope. It's a proposal right now. The rule hasn't passed yet.

2 hours ago, blueridge said:

A) They can block a within conference transfer unless the guy wants to go a year without scholarship aid. One bammer kid threatened a lawsuit and somehow got to go to UGA but I don't think that case is going to be repeated.

B ) We have signed 25 for the 2018 class so we don't have room anyway.

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Besides, since he graduated, he ought to have no restriction anyways

So much for the extra incentive to graduating early or graduating at all. 

Just now, Mikey said:

and somehow got to go to UGA but I don't think that case is going to be repeated.

It’s because all of a sudden, people in tbe media (possibly pushed by Georgia) were throwing hissy fits at how unfair the blocked transfer appeared to be which wasn’t giving Bama good optics, so they decided to save face and sign off on it. That’s the way it appeared anyway. 

20 minutes ago, shabby said:

so would he be a take? what's the upside to this guy?

Who knows, but...we are FULL and in any case UAT will NOT grant a waiver. Maybe if he ends up at Michigan or OSU we can guesstimate that he was pretty good.

Have we ever had a player that transferred from Turdville to Auburn? (football that is )

9 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Have we ever had a player that transferred from Turdville to Auburn? (football that is )

Corey Grant was the last, I believe

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Corey Grant was the last, I believe

Payback for Victor Horn transferring to UAT. We got the better end of the deal. :)

Chances are he wins his appeal. Back up center at Bama.   Area of need for us right now.  I have a feeling we'd find a way to take him if he wants to come, and the SEC lets him.

13 hours ago, doc4aday said:

In addition to Grant, there's all-world punter Terry Daniel.

If UAT if keeping Kennedy from transferring  to Auburn, he could report them to the NCAA. I didn't think schools could stop a player from leave school and transfer to another. Didn't the NCAA change that rule?

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

If UAT if keeping Kennedy from transferring  to Auburn, he could report them to the NCAA. I didn't think schools could stop a player from leave school and transfer to another. Didn't the NCAA change that rule?

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

3 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Still not actually reading anything here, I see.   It's truly amazing what you may find out if you actually took the time to READ some of it.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

I didn’t realize that Terry Daniel transferred from turdville.   My all-time favorite punter!!!

On 5/13/2018 at 8:35 AM, Mikey said:

Had no idea. Big get! Jackie Sherrill's still pissed about it, though. 

So do we have room for him?
Isn't there a rule against blocking player transfers?

Is he a take?

laugh.gif

On 5/12/2018 at 2:52 PM, aujeff11 said:

It’s because all of a sudden, people in tbe media (possibly pushed by Georgia) were throwing hissy fits at how unfair the blocked transfer appeared to be which wasn’t giving Bama good optics, so they decided to save face and sign off on it. That’s the way it appeared anyway. 

This.

But when Eddie Jackson was injured, Saban ended up needing Smith to fill the position after all.

Archived