2018-19 Bama GT C Brandon Kennedy (Joins Vols 6/14)

blueridge

I think there's a good chance we'd make room for Brandon if that other team cuts all strings with him.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I saw early on in this thread that we don't have room for him and that he never started at bama so why do we keep discussing him?

3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

why do we keep discussing him?

Because it's possible the coaches know a loophole in our limit that we can bring in that us commoners don't know.

10 minutes ago, aubie17 said:

Does Auburn have legitimate interest in this guy?  And if so, is it reciprocated interest?

Don't know on AU's end but FWIW there has not been one word mentioned by AU recruiting reporters about Kennedy during this whole time AU fans have been interested in him. That's usually very telling. Kennedy has expressed interest in AU.

26 minutes ago, aubie17 said:

Does Auburn have legitimate interest in this guy?  And if so, is it reciprocated interest?

We don't have room for him anyway. 25's the limit and we've signed 25. If there has been some major change in that, nobody I know has heard anything about it.

Keith made a very good point about continuity. Do we really want to add this guy and take the risk?

6 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Keith made a very good point about continuity. Do we really want to add this guy and take the risk?

My thoughts? There is already an absence of continuity at center, and we took Driscoll...  That said, I believe Mikey and ellitor that this is a moot conversation. 

To hell with continuity. We have a whole lot of nothing or everything at center. We can’t not take him. But if we are full he’d have to walk on. So this rule change doesn’t help. 

On 6/2/2018 at 2:19 AM, WFE12 said:

Odd comment by Keith IMHO. May be moot anyway and Kennedy ain't no Russell Wilson but for discussion, that's the same point made on this board when transferring and clearly gifted NC State QB was considering Auburn and Bielema's Wisconsin. We have centers but with this rash of injuries it's not outrageous to suggest we could use an SEC caliber backup. The popular thinking by many here during Russell's time in the wilderness was that introducing him to our QB pool of Trotter et al would mess up chemistry and consistency. I haven't exactly noticed chemistry and consistency with this O line generally, never mind centers specifically. Just my opinion.

2 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Odd comment by Keith IMHO.

Not sure Keith has ever said that. I try to read all his stuff & I never saw it.

But again, there has been no indication yet AU has any interest.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Not sure Keith has ever said that. I try to read all his stuff & I never saw it.

But again, there has been no indication yet AU has any interest.

I believe he said it in the recruiting live video he did Saturday.

20 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I believe he said it in the recruiting live video he did Saturday.

Ah. Don't watch those since he rarely says anything in them that he hasn't already posted in written form & I have his post page bookmarked so I never miss a thing he writes. Not worth the time IMO to hear 99% of what I've already read.

• ellitor changed the title to 2018-19 Bama GT C Brandon Kennedy (Joins Vols 6/14)

Archived