Heron hasnt hired an agent

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So here is a question - if......IF.......Heron did decide to come back to school.....

1) Did he finish out the semester?

1a) If he did not, how does that affect NCAA eligibility when it comes to the “Academic Progress” part of eligibility? 

• WarTiger changed the title to Heron hasnt hired an agent
21 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

So here is a question - if......IF.......Heron did decide to come back to school.....

1) Did he finish out the semester?

1a) If he did not, how does that affect NCAA eligibility when it comes to the “Academic Progress” part of eligibility? 

1. Yes. 

No one will be more excited about this than @AU64!!!

47 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

No one will be more excited about this than @AU64!!!

Yep...glad to know that someone showing a bit of common sense on this subject.  And good that he was smart enough not to get linked to an agent. 

11 hours ago, AUDub said:

1. Yes. 

Article says he left "the roster" in April....which to me sounds like he left school......and isn't that in the middle of a semester?   So sounds like he did not finish the current semester...which means what?    The comments sounded problematic...."contemplates"  , may, 

Interesting that the writer did not address the eligibility thing..    ..surely someone has checked the eligibility issue....guessing part of that "contemplation" is to be sure will be eligible to play this fall....or what it would take to become eligible.  

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Article says he left "the roster" in April....which to me sounds like he left school......and isn't that in the middle of a semester?   So sounds like he did not finish the current semester...which means what?    The comments sounded problematic...."contemplates"  , may, 

Interesting that the writer did not address the eligibility thing..    ..surely someone has checked the eligibility issue....guessing part of that "contemplation" is to be sure will be eligible to play this fall....or what it would take to become eligible.  

Check his Twitter. He was still in class as of the 25th of April. Classes ended on the 27th with exams the following week. 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Article says he left "the roster" in April....which to me sounds like he left school......

The day that Heron announced his intentions to sign an agent on Twitter, he said in another tweet that he wanted to make clear to everyone that he hadn’t signed with one yet. Sounds like Heron was already cognizant of his eligibility concerns if he didn’t get a good grade. Bruce has been very openly supportive of his players testing the waters so I’m sure he’s attaching necessary advice  to his support. Doubt Bruce would let players skip school just to test the NBA waters. Skipping= submerging into NBA waters, not testing them. 

Did he get invited to any workouts for teams like Bryce did for the Hawks? 

The lack of a combine invite is not a good sign for his NBA chances that's for sure. Would love to see him build on his first 2 years and be an integral part of making a deep run!

44 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Did he get invited to any workouts for teams like Bryce did for the Hawks? 

The lack of a combine invite is not a good sign for his NBA chances that's for sure. Would love to see him build on his first 2 years and be an integral part of making a deep run!

Yes. Nets and Cavs. 

Edit: Also has workouts scheduled with Nuggets and Jazz.

It sounds like somebody gave him some good advice. Go do the tryouts and if these go well hire an agent if not then take stock of your situation. Do you want another year of college ball to work on your game or do you want to try the international circuit.

Under the NCAA rules underclassmen have until May 30, which is 10 days after the NBA draft combine, to withdraw from the draft and retain their eligibility. 

We basically have 13 days before we know who will be returning for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

So it’s getting close to deadline, and no one has announced any intent to stick around. Not even Harper or Brown. What’s the deal with this? Last minute thing? 

2 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

So it’s getting close to deadline, and no one has announced any intent to stick around. Not even Harper or Brown. What’s the deal with this? Last minute thing? 

They haven't announced that they are going pro either. Myself, I'd be back at AU but then my brain is no longer 20 years old. I guess we'll know in two more days.

Archived