Heron hasnt hired an agent

Maybe they are all coming back and are keeping it on the dl for dramatic effect. ?‍♂️

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Heron transferring.

Life comes at ya fast. 

I don’t really understand that.  But I guess in due time we will see.  

The guy who's reporting the news said the same thing last year, and it turned out to be false. Not saying it happens again, but his track record isn't exactly spotless.

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Heron transferring.

Life comes at ya fast. 

Need to provide a link for this.  We dont allow rumors here

17 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Huh. Had no idea. Of course, I'm pretty new, so I'm still figuring a lot of things out.

As I said in the Wiley thread before it was deleted, I’m not particularly worried about this with Purifoy’s return. Still stings a bit, but we’re primed for a great season with our current personnel. 

Well, this is some sort of positive outlook from a Kentucky Wildcats writer taking a look at all the draft declaring/withdrawing:

(http://kentuckysportsradio.com/basketball-2/the-biggest-nba-draft-decisions-that-remain-across-college-basketball/)

Auburn: Jared Harper and Bryce Brown

The decisions are coming in fast and furious at Auburn, which had four players on the NBA fence as of this morning but have already had two make decisions. Big man Austin Wiley – the most likely of all the Tigers to go pro – has decided to return to school. Meanwhile in a bizarre twist, the team’s leading scorer last year Mustapha Heron will return to college basketball after initially declaring for the draft – it just won’t be at Auburn. Per Adam Zagoria, Heron will return to school, but transfer.

Weirdly, I actually don’t think this is the worst thing for Auburn – assuming Harper and Brown come back. That’s because as good as Heron was (he averaged around 16 a game last season) he was at times, a ball-dominant, iso-heavy player, and to be blunt, the offense sometimes ran better without him on the floor. It also means that assuming that Harper and Brown return, Auburn might just be the “best” version of themselves, a team with a bunch of great guards that create spacing with perimeter shooting, without Heron charging at the basket like a bull in China shop every couple of possessions.

Assuming both Harper and Brown return (and neither is projected as a draft pick) the SEC co-champs would return everyone of substance except Heron, and should start the year ranked No. 10 to 15 nationally.

38 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Not a rumor... got put out over an hour ago. 

46 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Has to be a playing time thing for him, or maybe a play style thing.

Maybe. Never really expected him back when he declared so doesn’t sting too bad! 

However, I will say that while Mustapha had some ball-stopper tendencies there were games where nobody on our team was hitting and he saved our butts. He may have been the most consistent guy we had.

He was the highest rated player to come to AU at the time and came to build this foundation that has been built by Bruce and is leaving with an SEC Championship ring. I just wish I didn't have to see him put up a bunch of points in another college uniform!

9 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Maybe. Never really expected him back when he declared so doesn’t sting too bad! 

I'm with you. Still hurts. 

Had imagined him back with Wiley and dominating on a team fully manned for once. 

Guess the roller coaster comes to an end eventually. 

Just hoped it would stop in AUburn.

Mustapha's rebounding will be missed.  He was tough as nails fighting for boards.  But, our top 6 returning are damn solid players in Harper, Purifoy, Brown, Wiley, McLemore, and Okeke.

Bleacher reports MH transfer to be closer to his mom after she had a severe concussion.

I hope he's granted a waiver and am grateful for all he's done for Auburn. 

46 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Mustapha's rebounding will be missed.  He was tough as nails fighting for boards.  But, our top 6 returning are damn solid players in Harper, Purifoy, Brown, Wiley, McLemore, and Okeke.

His defense was terrible. But he was always one of the hardest players on the court. iron man.

But it also frustrated us fans, as he would charge the basket and get stuffed a lot or get called for charging. 

Stinks, but wish him well, especially if there are health issues for his mom. I imagine disappointment plays a role too. Hes been set on being drafted after 2 years since he got here. Time for plan B.

Well of all the potential scenarios that could happen, I never considered this one.  Wow. 

Until Purifoy gets back I wonder if we will play big with Chuma starting or small with Dunbar at the three

Archived