Campaign ads in Alabama...

DKW 86

I dont know if yall hear them the same way I do, but, these Republican campaign ads all sound like the same ad:

Hi, (my name is) and I am a conservative-Christian-Republican...

I am for cutting taxes, preserving the Second Amendment, and the sanctity of marriage...

blah, blah, blah. 

I mean, you might as well, just run one guy. The only difference in these folks is their names and a slight difference in backgrounds. 

I don't watch much TV anymore, but I have been disappointed in Kay Ivey's ads. I would have thought that all she had to do was stay generic and she would win, but she seems to be going too far right.

14 hours ago, Grumps said:

I don't watch much TV anymore, but I have been disappointed in Kay Ivey's ads. I would have thought that all she had to do was stay generic and she would win, but she seems to be going too far right.

Totally agree.  I had more or less decided to just vote for her because she wouldn't screw anything up or be banging her subordinates. Now I'm on the market for a candidate.

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Totally agree.  I had more or less decided to just vote for her because she wouldn't screw anything up or be banging her subordinates. Now I'm on the market for a candidate.

Ditto to both of you. Ivey turned into just another Republican Blah Blah Candidate.

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

Also, this man's ads are worth watching. 

If you want a good laugh, allow me to introduce you to 2010 Tennessee Gubernatorial candidate Basil Marceaux.  And yes, this was 100% real.

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

If you want a good laugh, allow me to introduce you to 2010 Tennessee Gubernatorial candidate Basil Marceaux.  And yes, this was 100% real.

No more traffic stops? Better politics program? More vegetation? This man has my vote.

I think the thing that bothers me most are the ones who are in some kind of competition to prove how much of a bootlicker they can be for Trump.  Look, I get appealing to Trump voters in Alabama.  But no one should ever be advertising that they're a complete sellout for anyone.  I don't want any Congressional representative to be a rubber stamp for the executive branch.  That's not what a republican form of government is supposed to be.  State your policy positions on various issues, and if questioned further it's fine to mentioned a few important issues where you agree with the President.  But establish yourself as someone who understands the role Congress has as a co-equal branch and a check/balance to the other two branches of government.  Show you've got some spine to stand up for what you believe is the right application and approach to the laws and the Constitution, even if that means disagreements at times.

The bull rush to show how much one can suck up to the President is a tad pathetic.

Wow, I'm surprised this wasn't one of the first ads posted on here, guess I'll do it:

1 hour ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Wow, I'm surprised this wasn't one of the first ads posted on here, guess I'll do it:

That's one beautiful horse not to smart but damn I'm taking names

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:03 AM, Barnacle said:

No more traffic stops? Better politics program? More vegetation? This man has my vote.

Not vegetation; vegitation..

• 2 weeks later...

Archived