Softball selection show

The NCAA selection show for Softball airs at 9:00 CT on ESPN 2.  Probably a 2 seed, just hopefully not Norman. I would think as a borderline host or 2 seed, we could get a favorable matchup in region while away. Just don't want Oklahoma unless its in the CWS. 

https://www.ncaa.com/news/softball/article/2018-05-12/ncaa-di-softball-championship-bracket-be-announced-sunday-may-13-10

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive seen 2 different projections.  1 had us as a #2 seed in the Oregon regional.  The other had us as the #15 overall seed thus hosting a regional.  Ironicly the projection that had us the #15 seed had us matching up with Oklahoma is the super regional round.     We are less than an hour away from finding out officially.  

18 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Ive seen 2 different projections.  1 had us as a #2 seed in the Oregon regional.  The other had us as the #15 overall seed thus hosting a regional.  Ironicly the projection that had us the #15 seed had us matching up with Oklahoma is the super regional round.     We are less than an hour away from finding out officially.  

That's why I think we may fair better as a 2 at this point. But hosting presents a great chance at Supers. 

PLEASE NO! Not Oklahoma. Anyone but them. I am so sick of them. They have ruined back to back seasons for us. Let anyone else end our season but them. I cannot take anymore of Paige Parker and that gasso lady who is their head coach. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

PLEASE NO! Not Oklahoma. Anyone but them. I am so sick of them. They have ruined back to back seasons for us. Let anyone else end our season but them. I cannot take anymore of Paige Parker and that gasso lady who is their head coach. 

I know.  Things are lining up to have to face Parker all 4 years she is in college. Just nuts. 

No Oklahoma first round

Not going to Norman Oklahoma for the regional anyway

Glad we helped Missouri get in?

Missouri going to Oklahoma regional

May be same regional for both baseball and softball.  Probably fitting since both squads had similar years as far as streaks 

Well, glad  we ain't going to Norman, but just of tired seeing FSU in sports as well.  Haven't seen them much in softball at least.

AU's first stop in about any post season tournament seems to be Tallahassee....crap.....

Under Coach Deese, that is where we went several times for regionals.  It is going to be a tough regional with good pitching and offense from top to bottom.   We need our best to compete. 

So James Madison has one of the best home run hitting team.  I think there is one coach Dean should have brought with him. 

Does RPI mean nothing in softball?  I figured we would be either 15/16 or be in one of those regions instead we play in the #6 region. 

1 minute ago, ScubaSteve said:

Does RPI mean nothing in softball?  I figured we would be either 15/16 or be in one of those regions instead we play in the #6 region. 

I think they also put a lot of emphasis of how you finish and we did not finish the season well, so I am sure that dropped us a bit, but like you surprised to drop to the #2 for the 6 seed

The SEC is hosting 9 Regionals and could host 4 or more Super Regionals with wins.  Also, all 13 SEC teams made the tournament again. 

So, if we win the regional, we may have to go play at lsu.

All 13 SEC teams are in the 64, several hosting regionals with a few potential all SEC super-regionals

I'm also a little surprised we're in the regional with the 6 seed. However, practically every team from 7 to 16 is an SEC team..  Notice 12 seed alabama has a much easier regional than 6 seed FSU.  Then they are slated to go back to Seattle, where they will be especially motivated to avenge the two losses earlier this year.  IOW, the skids are greased for the tide. Have to say they weren't last year, tho.  Kennesaw State probably better than anyone in uat's regional, and the're the 3 team in Tallyho.  Of course, we managed to lose to Wisconsin.

8 minutes ago, GBAU83 said:

I think they also put a lot of emphasis of how you finish and we did not finish the season well, so I am sure that dropped us a bit, but like you surprised to drop to the #2 for the 6 seed

Our RPI has dropped consistently for several weeks.  I knew we wouldn't be hosting and actually  not terribly upset with where we landed.   It could be worse. 

2 minutes ago, GBAU83 said:

So, if we win the regional, we may have to go play at lsu.

All 13 SEC teams are in the 64, several hosting regionals with a few potential all SEC super-regionals

Hard to avoid that possibility.....and NCAA says they don't consider conference match-up possibilities.

Archived