Trump Backpedals on ZTE

Just now, homersapien said:

Because I would hope that any POTUS could express himself on a routine basis without the need of being filtered, of course.

Why do you ask?

I said non filtered........like the old unfiltered Pall Mall or Lucky Strike cigarettes. BTW Brother Homer, Frank Sinatra smoked Lucky Strike. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Because I would hope that any POTUS could express himself on a routine basis without a need of "being filtered", of course.

Why do you ask?

I quit believing presidents when Bill Clinton looked America in the eye and with great sincerity said..."  I did not. ... ". and you know the rest.  Quit acting like a disappointed child... HRC lied her ass off about Be ngazi and the video........the list of her deliberate deceptions would go on forever....starting with her cattle futures and the lost Rose Law firm papers.

11 hours ago, AU64 said:

Agree...talking about it was stupid....but doing it?  who knows what's going on between the US and China as part of some deal over the North Korea thing and what we might have to give to keep getting whatever help we might be getting.   At least for the moment, NK is not firing rockets over Japan and toward Guam. 

But ....the fact that he mentioned Chinese jobs might not be the whole story....and likely not even the reason......he is known to "negotiate" publicly....NAFTA, tariffs,  EU trade, etc. .....and his comments mostly just stir the pot and he seems to love jerking the media around..   JMO but pay attention to his tweets at your own risk. 

No . It’s investment in Trumpland.

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

I quit believing presidents when Bill Clinton looked America in the eye and with great sincerity said..."  I did not. ... ". and you know the rest.  Quit acting like a disappointed child... HRC lied her ass off about Be ngazi and the video........the list of her deliberate deceptions would go on forever....starting with her cattle futures and the lost Rose Law firm papers.

Get over your Hillary obsession. It’s rotting what’s left of your brain.

5 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Get over your Hillary obsession. It’s rotting what’s left of your brain.

Soon as dems  admit what she is and apologize for making her their candidate...and for voting for her. That is where the rotted brains are found.

At least there is evidence regarding HC whereas the DT obsession has folks like you jumping at every ridiculous  rumor or tale....hoping it is true.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Soon as dems  admit what she is and apologize for making her their candidate...and for voting for her. That is where the rotted brains are found.

At least there is evidence regarding HC whereas the DT obsession has folks like you jumping at every ridiculous  rumor or tale....hoping it is true.

It’s too late. Your brain is too far gone if your hatred for Hillary, as annoying as she is, blinds you to the mountain of facts about Trump that should concern you.

You can’t even focus on the reality of ZTE without obsessing over Hillary.

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

It’s too late. Your brain is too far gone if your hatred for Hillary, as annoying as she is, blinds you to the mountain of facts about Trump that should concern you.

You can’t even focus on the reality of ZTE without obsessing over Hillary.

Obsessed with DT are you?  ....for 18 months as  supporter of a losing candidate and yet you can barely let a day go by without a link or negative comment about the winning opponent....hope you work for yourself 'cause otherwise you are cheating your company. 

I'm not minimizing ZTE but I'm not blowing it out of proportion and your level of concern seems way out of proportion.....so maybe you have a personal interest?.   If so.....that's fine....but does not mean your opinion is the only one worthy of consideration. 

And I hate that when you get frustrated with your inability to sell your point of view, that you resort to personal attack.....the last refuge for the proponent of a lost argument I guess....but you sure don't win many converts that way....

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Obsessed with DT are you?  ....for 18 months as  supporter of a losing candidate and yet you can barely let a day go by without a link or negative comment about the winning opponent....hope you work for yourself 'cause otherwise you are cheating your company. 

This charge makes no sense.  Trump is the frickin' president.  It's perfectly normal to continue talking about the person who currently occupies the office.  Especially when he, almost daily, says or does things that reinforce every reason you expressed before that he was unfit for a position of such power, influence and responsibility.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

I'm not minimizing ZTE but I'm not blowing it out of proportion and your level of concern seems way out of proportion.....so maybe you have a personal interest?.   If so.....that's fine....but does not mean your opinion is the only one worthy of consideration. 

Opposing a push or even a public suggestion for the US to relax restrictions on ZTE (and Huawei) can't be blown out of proportion.  It's monumentally stupid and should be vehemently labeled as such.  It reveals either stunning ignorance or stunning hubris in the one who does so.  Neither of which are qualities one wants in a president.

12 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

I said non filtered........like the old unfiltered Pall Mall or Lucky Strike cigarettes. BTW Brother Homer, Frank Sinatra smoked Lucky Strike. 

Sorry :dunno:

Was that an attempt at humor?

12 hours ago, AU64 said:

There is no comparison between a Trump and anyone else who has held the office.  You most know this but just can't admit it.  He's a complete bulls***ter.  Trying to normalize his behavior would be a tragedy for our system of government.

The bulls***ter-in-Chief

Donald Trump’s disregard for the truth is something more sinister than ordinary lying.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/5/30/15631710/trump-bull****

Sound familiar?

"The common thread of the Trumposphere is that there doesn’t need to be any common thread. One day Comey went soft on Clinton; the next day he was fired for being too hard on her; the day after that, it wasn’t about Clinton at all. The loyalist is just supposed to go along with whatever the line of the day is.

This is the authoritarian spirit in miniature, assembling a party and a movement that is bound to no principles and not even committed to following its own rhetoric from one day to the next. A “terrific” health plan that will “cover everyone” can transform into a bill to slash the Medicaid rolls by 14 million in the blink of an eye and nobody is supposed to notice or care. Anything could happen at any moment, all of it powered by bull****."

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

And I hate that when you get frustrated with your inability to sell your point of view, that you resort to personal attack.....the last refuge for the proponent of a lost argument I guess....but you sure don't win many converts that way....

The current President demands our attention. You’re focused on someone else and minimizing the actions of the most powerful person in the world. That’s damn strange.

Wow...that was interesting ....couple market analysts on CNBC just saying that DT did the right thing to back down on the ZTE issue and that it was necessary to help defuse the supposed "trade war" that he sparked with his recent call for more tariffs a while back.  and funny that none of them mentioned national security even once.     

Obviously the expected "trade war" did not seem to erupt openly as predicted.......and I guess and most people don't realize that we've been in a "trade cold war" with China for a couple decades now so about the only thing that changed is whether we actually say the words out loud?   

But bottom line....market seems to be reacting positive to the pullback......though I do admit that for the most part, market analysts are usually looking for something to explain market changes and frequently have no real idea. ...and guess the change of policy on ZTE is as good an explanation as anything. ..:dunno:...and this was NBC by gosh...

4 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

The current President demands our attention. You’re focused on someone else and minimizing the actions of the most powerful person in the world. That’s damn strange.

Nah.....you might be giving him you attention but that's your choice.   My day or happiness is not based on every little up or down or crazy thing that happens in DC....and I'm not focused on anyone up there.....including our president.   Most powerful person in the world actually has little real power....or Robert Muller would not be prowling the halls of Washington trying to find a crime to hang on him. 

I did not lose any sleep over some of the foolish stuff the previous president did and not gonna lose any over DT either.  The country got the best person available for the General Election....that's my view...and to this point he has done some things that needed doing.....if in a somewhat unorthodox manner I grant you....but dealing with stuff that needed dealing with. 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Nah.....you might be giving him you attention but that's your choice.   My day or happiness is not based on every little up or down or crazy thing that happens in DC....and I'm not focused on anyone up there.....including our president.   Most powerful person in the world actually has little real power....or Robert Muller would not be prowling the halls of Washington trying to find a crime to hang on him. 

I did not lose any sleep over some of the foolish stuff the previous president did and not gonna lose any over DT either.  The country got the best person available for the General Election....that's my view...and to this point he has done some things that needed doing.....if in a somewhat unorthodox manner I grant you....but dealing with stuff that needed dealing with. 

The President only demands the attention of folks who care about the country. The losing candidate only gets obsessed attention from folks who ain’t quite right. 

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

The President only demands the attention of folks who care about the country. The losing candidate only gets obsessed attention from folks who ain’t quite right. 

and you told @AU64 he had " brain rot"......sad Texy

3 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

and you told @AU64 he had " brain rot"......sad Texy

I feel like I'm debating a 6th grader with that guy.....or a parrot perhaps since he keeps repeating the same arguments over and over...

6 hours ago, AU64 said:

Wow...that was interesting ....couple market analysts on CNBC just saying that DT did the right thing to back down on the ZTE issue and that it was necessary to help defuse the supposed "trade war" that he sparked with his recent call for more tariffs a while back.  and funny that none of them mentioned national security even once.     

Obviously the expected "trade war" did not seem to erupt openly as predicted.......and I guess and most people don't realize that we've been in a "trade cold war" with China for a couple decades now so about the only thing that changed is whether we actually say the words out loud?   

But bottom line....market seems to be reacting positive to the pullback......though I do admit that for the most part, market analysts are usually looking for something to explain market changes and frequently have no real idea. ...and guess the change of policy on ZTE is as good an explanation as anything. ..:dunno:...and this was NBC by gosh...

Market analysts are not privy to, nor do they give a s*** about, national security concerns.  And the concerns are legitimate.  This isn't bogeymen and paranoia.  ZTE and Huawei aren't to be trusted and they've earned every restriction put on them.  Regardless of whether people whose primary concerns are making money think it's great, they aren't qualified to say so.

18 hours ago, AU64 said:

That's ironic considering your obsession with Hillary, which is in the past regardless.

18 hours ago, AU64 said:

Amen. I will let the anti-trumpies lose the sleep.

On 5/16/2018 at 10:10 PM, AU64 said:

DT is a BSer...not much doubt about that....most pols outright lie about their plans or proposed actions and that's been going on a long while.  Folks complaining about DT's stuff are either 15 years old or have no memory about the disguised BS that was put forth by Obama and some before him.  So before you have a coronary over his tweets, just wait and see what actually happens.

Anyone who seriously compares Trump to Obama regarding truthfulness is revealing just how much in denial they are.  

And I am following very closely what he does, particularly in the area of environmental and conservation policy as well as diplomacy.  He is effecting long term damage that will take years to fix.  But there is no doubt in my mind that the reversals will begin as soon as he - and Pence - leave office.  The sooner the better.

Trump will easily take over the #1 position of the most corrupt and disreputable.presidents in US history. 

https://www.historyextra.com/period/modern/the-5-most-notorious-presidents-in-us-history/

Just wait and actually see what happens.

Just curious but I see that one issue of ZTE was buying US components and incorporating them in products being sold to Iran.  

BUT...don't think I've ever seen the names of  US companies violating the law by selling to ZTE and any comments from their management about it..    I didn't do any serious research but considering the amount of news this issue has generated, it seems reasonable that US companies would be called to some kind of account?  

On 5/17/2018 at 7:28 AM, AU64 said:

What delusional nonsense.  Let's compare indictments (so far) in Mueller's investigation vs. all of the Hillary investigations.

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

What delusional nonsense.  Let's compare indictments (so far) in Mueller's investigation vs. all of the Hillary investigations.

Crap...I asked a serous question about the ZTE thing and this is how you reply. ?    "come on man you are better than that"   :-\   well , I guess not....

Archived