Kam Martin would start today

Win4AU

*Not to mention the fact that we, evidently, could run RB screens and still almost never chose to even when- for example- giving up 11 sacks given up to Clemson. 

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Point out where anyone said Gus sucked or even crticized him at all.

Quote from a post, above: "  Sometimes I feel like our coaching staff could recruit a Tedd Ginn type of player and have him riding the line because he doesn’t run routes like Will Hasting "

There are plenty more, if you bother to look.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Point out where anyone said Gus sucked or even crticized him at all. Your incessant need to defend, even when he's not being criticized, is tiresome. Fact is, while at AU, Gus has rarely called for an RB or TE screen. The overwhelming majority of the screen calls are wr screens. That's not criticism. That's fact.  Why try and defend against fact?

Especially when you think about how KJ's hands may have been his best attribute. Why not use that. If you can justify not playing a hb because he doesn't pass block on the other end wouldn't you use the same logic of this guy could literally play wr so let's get him the ball? 

I look at it in the same view you don't tell a QB that he can't play because he doesn't have the strongest arm. Everybody has something to get better at, especially in college. You don't sit a guy who has the most explosive play potential because you don't think his pass blocking is phenomenal. That's just my opinion

54 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Quote from a post, above: "  Sometimes I feel like our coaching staff could recruit a Tedd Ginn type of player and have him riding the line because he doesn’t run routes like Will Hasting "

I believe you look too hard for things to defend.  That quote doesn't imply that Gus sucks, but rather he has difficulty in identifying talent.  Defend away though...

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Especially when you think about how KJ's hands may have been his best attribute. Why not use that. If you can justify not playing a hb because he doesn't pass block on the other end wouldn't you use the same logic of this guy could literally play wr so let's get him the ball? 

I look at it in the same view you don't tell a QB that he can't play because he doesn't have the strongest arm. Everybody has something to get better at, especially in college. You don't sit a guy who has the most explosive play potential because you don't think his pass blocking is phenomenal. That's just my opinion

giphy.gif

On 5/16/2018 at 11:32 AM, bigbird said:

Of course we need the backs to block in order to give our receivers time to get 40 yards down the field...

:-\

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

:-\

I am all for Kam being in the game as a receiving back. More concerned if he limits our options.  The guessing game is taken out of the equation if both the offense and the defense knows that Kam isn’t in to pass block. 

BTW:  The reason why Kam didn’t play against Clemson:

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I am all for Kam being in the game as a receiving back. More concerned if he limits our options.  The guessing game is taken out of the equation if both the offense and the defense knows that Kam isn’t in to pass block. 

To be fair, Cox was primary on that block

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Thanks that's the nicest thing to happen to me today

Saw the Doc today?

tXIak4u.gif

43 minutes ago, bigbird said:

?

What does this mean? After causing an uproar for using the acronym MILF from a ridiculous movie.....just wondering, lol.

P.S. If I get that same emoji back I’m cool with that

54 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Thanks that's the nicest thing to happen to me today

Prostate exam?

11 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

Prostate exam?

Hernia have to do it AGAIN....................prostate a breeze compared to hernia

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Hernia have to do it AGAIN....................prostate a breeze compared to hernia

Sincere Condolences

Ugh. 

As for the running back situation I think 2018 will look a lot like 2009 did in terms of our running back situation. Just a gut feeling.

55 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Ugh. 

As for the running back situation I think 2018 will look a lot like 2009 did in terms of our running back situation. Just a gut feeling.

Now if we can get the same type of play calling as in 09

22 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Now if we can get the same type of play calling as in 09

Eric Smith was an assassin to blitzing linebackers in that offense. 

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

I believe you look too hard for things to defend.  That quote doesn't imply that Gus sucks, but rather he has difficulty in identifying talent. Defend away though...

You can count on it.

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

I believe you look too hard for things to defend.  That quote doesn't imply that Gus sucks, but rather he has difficulty in identifying talent.  Defend away though...

12 hours ago, DAG said:

That’s my thinking. Is this a player problem or a coaches problem ? Sometimes I feel like our coaching staff could recruit a Tedd Ginn type of player and have him riding the line because he doesn’t run routes like Will Hasting. Of course this might not be the case and only the narrative our fans are projecting. It seems like coach Horton and Gus realize KM is our best option and plan on utilitizing him as such if it remains like this through fall camp.

For those of you who enjoy a valued discussion and have the comprehension skills to read and interpret,  above is the full quote. As you can see, I give an opinion on why some play more than others. However, please feast your eyes on the bolded part of the complete analysis.   You learn this in grammar school. If you are going to quote something, at the very least have the full statement for proper analysis.

5 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Estoy de acuerdo señor @aujeff11

13 hours ago, cole256 said:

I actually think most people share this opinion. For whatever reason, there seems to be this jump that some posters make where a fair criticism of a player = he shouldn't play. 

Our best players should play, period. End of discussion. And, right now it sounds like our coaches agree that Kam is our "best" running back. 

Archived