2019 3* Nickel Jammie Robinson

ellitor

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Never mind. Just took a good look at the pic. It looks photo shopped. The back ground is not even in Auburn.

He is on a bus. The bus could've been at AU.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, djg0017 said:

DC5FB471-4FDF-4A23-9E41-2E18817DB034.jpeg

Yep. The Robinson 6 was photo shopped...Probably by a fan.

It is important that the coaching staff understand and at least try to be aware of social influences of the players they are trying to recruit. Obviously , you want positive influences but it can make a difference . Pete carrol understood this very early. Also even the super type A like Mark Dantonio and Saban to an extent gets this. Look up Dantonio and rich homie Quan. This is part of the reason why Alabama pushed for Bama Cuts.

another example is Luke and the 90s Miami Canes football team. He was very impactful to them and for a lot of them he was the closest family they had while they were attending school. Now of course, you don’t want to let it go overboard but I do hope we continue to embrace this idea as entertainment of all sources can be useful.

33 minutes ago, DAG said:

It is important that the coaching staff understand and at least try to be aware of social influences of the players they are trying to recruit. Obviously , you want positive influences but it can make a difference . Pete carrol understood this very early. Also even the super type A like Mark Dantonio and Saban to an extent gets this. Look up Dantonio and rich homie Quan. This is part of the reason why Alabama pushed for Bama Cuts.

another example is Luke and the 90s Miami Canes football team. He was very impactful to them and for a lot of them he was the closest family they had while they were attending school. Now of course, you don’t want to let it go overboard but I do hope we continue to embrace this idea as entertainment of all sources can be useful.

Yup. So this may have T-Will's touch after all.

• 7 months later...

Bump. Even though JR hasn't been talked about much he is a long time target AU likes at the Nickel. Despite being only 5'10 all he did was make plays his entire high school career, including bumping up in competition from a smaller school to 6A in Georgia this past season. He is OVing AU this weekend.

• ellitor changed the title to 2019 3* Nickel Jammie Robinson
15 minutes ago, CJ4Six said:

So he's a take?

Let's just say his thread was bumped with a refresher for a reason.

What are the recruiting services not seeing that the coaches are seeing in regards to his ranking? This kid has 26 offers and they are from elite teams. Is there something that I am missing? 

8 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

What are the recruiting services not seeing that the coaches are seeing in regards to his ranking? This kid has 26 offers and they are from elite teams. Is there something that I am missing?

Nothing & No. A good bit of rankings is based on pro potential, not college potential. With him being 5'10 his ranking will suffer based on that criteria as there aren't too many 5'10 Safeties or Nickels in the NFL.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

South Carolina reporter JC Schurbutt CBed Jammie to AU FWIW.

Still holding out on Hampton since the staff has put a full court press on him. Not sure if taking Jammie means we’re out of it with MH, what do you think?

8 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Still holding out on Hampton since the staff has put a full court press on him. Not sure if taking Jammie means we’re out of it with MH, what do you think?

I don't think we are in it for Hampton as much as some think. The reason he waited to sign is to sign with his teammates at the same time in February. Has nothing to do with indecision.

34 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I don't think we are in it for Hampton as much as some think. The reason he waited to sign is to sign with his teammates at the same time in February. Has nothing to do with indecision.

Yep I agree. He likes Gus and Butch but it would be a total shocker if he chose

AU. I think we get Robinson which would be great. He is not afraid of contact. 

On 1/11/2019 at 1:41 PM, ellitor said:

Nothing & No. A good bit of rankings is based on pro potential, not college potential. With him being 5'10 his ranking will suffer based on that criteria as there aren't too many 5'10 Safeties or Nickels in the NFL.

Agree with both of you,,,,His tape is amazing, ...but yes undersized but i think he has loads of potential and plays hard to make up for size. This kid returns every punt he catches dang near for a TD. And super explosive in the safety position, What a physical presence he brings!

5 hours ago, DAG said:

Man our secondary recruiting though...🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Brown and Woodson doing something right

Robinson played for 3 years for Crisp Co. until he transferred his senior year to Leesburg, Ga.. So he and Big Cat Bryant were team mates for 3 years. Just thought I'd add that to this thread in case y'all didn't know.  At one time, AU was after Jammie, Big Cat and Quay Walker who went to the dawgs.

2 hours ago, SouthGATiger said:

Robinson played for 3 years for Crisp Co. until he transferred his senior year to Leesburg, Ga.. So he and Big Cat Bryant were team mates for 3 years. Just thought I'd add that to this thread in case y'all didn't know.  At one time, AU was after Jammie, Big Cat and Quay Walker who went to the dawgs.

Very interesting. As a HS coach, what a group to have on D,....an elite talent at each level

Archived