Former 4* Memphis Transfer Jamal Johnson picks AU!!!

AUDub

Former 247 3*/Rivals 4* (#110) out of Spain Park in 2017. Played in all 34 games for Memphis last year, averaging 6.9 points in 26.5 minutes per game.

Will sit 1 and play 3.

• HS teammate of Austin Wiley
  • Johnson was recruited from Spain Park (Birmingham, AL) class of 2017.
  • He committed to Memphis on 9/12/2016. 
  • Johnson averaged 6.9 points, 3.3 rebounds and 1.0 assists while starting 27 of 34 games as a freshman at Memphis last season.
  • He'll sit out the 2018-19 season and have three years of eligibility remaining.
  • Johnson was First Team All-State selection as a senior at Spain Park, where he averaged 24.8 points, 7.1 rebounds, and 2.7 assists per game.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

6'4

Imagine him and Doughty on the floor at 1 and 2. That's some length. 

Wow he was a 4*, with SEC offers and elected to go to Memphis.

Well, I'm glad he's at AU now! And I think he will be a big help in replacing Bryce Brown and he will already have a year on campus so we don't have to plug in a freshman there. Anyone know what kind of game he has? Shooter? Slasher? How'd his defense? 7 ppg for a freshman isn't too shabby.

I see the other schools he was considering were not great programs. But if Bruce thinks he fills a spot for us, I'm on board. I did not think Desean Murray would be anything for us when it was announced he was transferring to AU, sooo if he's good for Bruce he's good with me.

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

Wow he was a 4*, with SEC offers and elected to go to Memphis.

Well, I'm glad he's at AU now! And I think he will be a big help in replacing Bryce Brown and he will already have a year on campus so we don't have to plug in a freshman there. Anyone know what kind of game he has? Shooter? Slasher? How'd his defense? 7 ppg for a freshman isn't too shabby.

HE WAS A FOUR STAR?!??! Say no more. I am all in on this one now. All I see is starrrrrrrrrrrrzzzzzzzzzzzzzz baby!!!!!!! lol.

welcome!! I am sure he will be great addition to a team that is coming into its own.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

HE WAS A FOUR STAR?!??! Say no more. I am all in on this one now. All I see is starrrrrrrrrrrrzzzzzzzzzzzzzz baby!!!!!!! lol.

3* on 247. 4* on Rivals and the 110 ranked player. 

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

66C74EDC-63D7-4EFE-AB82-A9AB6AC1E854.gif

looks like he has the potential to be a pretty solid player for us. Chances are we'll need to replace some experienced players after this next season. It'll be good to have some guys who can step in who have played serious minutes. 

• 4 months later...

Bruce ain't gonna waste a scholly on kid that has to sit a year unless he thinks the kid can really contribute. So far he's been money with the transfers. Kareem Canty was a baller, Murray was great, and everything we hear about Doughty is that he'll be a star. This kid played a lot as a freshman on a decent Tubby Smith coached memphis squad. Looks like a really good athlete and his stats suggest that he can fill it up when given the chance. Was looking forward to seeing him play during the toomer's scrimmage but guess we'll have to wait.

• ellitor changed the title to Former 4* Memphis Transfer Jamal Johnson picks AU!!!

Archived