National Championships

auburn4ever

Now that Allen Greene is our new AD, I hope someone will tell him to look into those national championships that Jay Jacobs would never claim. They are legitimate championships, and therefore Auburn should have been claiming them for years and years. We have had a lot more then just 2 national championships down through the years.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NCAA recognizes us for 5 National Titles. If we go the Bama method, we could have as many as 9 National Titles. Not bad honestly

Just now, Tiger96 said:

The NCAA recognizes us for 5 National Titles. If we go the Bama method, we could have as many as 9 National Titles. Not bad honestly

Again, I agree with the OP, but Scott Frost had a hell of a response to saban's whining about UCF claiming a title. He basically said that bama claims some titles that nobody else recognizes, too. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Again, I agree with the OP, but Scott Frost had a hell of a response to saban's whining about UCF claiming a title. He basically said that bama claims some titles that nobody else recognizes, too. 

I think AU fans (and bama of course) are the only schools who take those bama claims seriously.  

Most sports talk that I listen to make fun of them over those questionable claims.   The fact that AU fans get their knickers in a twist over those claims...in my view...gives the bammers too much unearned credibility.  My approach is to just laugh at them....and never try to argue with them .....because you can't argue with idiots...

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I think AU fans (and bama of course) are the only schools who take those bama claims seriously.  

Most sports talk that I listen to make fun of them over those questionable claims.   The fact that AU fans get their knickers in a twist over those claims...in my view...gives the bammers too much unearned credibility.  My approach is to just laugh at them....and never try to argue with them .....because you can't argue with idiots...

From what I can tell the national media tells the masses Bama has 17 championships by parading that Bama helmet with #17 on it whenever they bring their logo up. They update that each time they win one. The casual fan has no idea if they're legitimate or not they just eat it up and consider it to be fact.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Bama claim titles in years that they didn't even win their bowl game???? I think you're right though. Laughing at them is the best thing to do. Also, what sports talk are you listening to that makes fun of their title claims? I WANT IN!!!

11 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I agree with everything you said except for the knickers thing.  If you ever see me wearing knickers....you know it's not really me.

13 minutes ago, AU64 said:

It always comes back to recruiting, and I guarantee you that saban sold those championships when he was getting started over there. (Now he can sell his own.) 

3 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I agree with everything you said except for the knickers thing.  If you ever see me wearing knickers....you know it's not really me.

knickers.. British term for panties......or men's underwear too I guess....and I don't do inspections....but keep your knees closed.:).

Truthfully, nobody loves bammer but bammers.  tOSU fans, USCw fans, ND fans, SEC fans, ACC fans, etc, etc... ESPN will even drop off the bandwagon when saban's gone and they're back to mortal.

WE only care cuz they're our rival.  Honestly, living in Florida, I give them almost no thought unless it's the season or I'm on this forum.

10 minutes ago, Tiger said:

From what I can tell the national media tells the masses Bama has 17 championships by parading that Bama helmet with #17 on it whenever they bring their logo up. They update that each time they win one. The casual fan has no idea if they're legitimate or not they just eat it up and consider it to be fact.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Bama claim titles in years that they didn't even win their bowl game???? I think you're right though. Laughing at them is the best thing to do. Also, what sports talk are you listening to that makes fun of their title claims? I WANT IN!!!

Came up on Neuheisel /Full Ride this morning and he was kidding the other guy (big bama fan)  about it.....which he does every now and then.   

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It always comes back to recruiting, and I guarantee you that saban sold those championships when he was getting started over there. (Now he can sell his own.) 

I guess that could be true but I thought the bammers only began scouring their history books after Saban had run up a few.  Seems like they have averaged almost one championship a year during the 21st century.  

Just now, AUsince72 said:

Truthfully, nobody loves bammer but bammers.  tOSU fans, USCw fans, ND fans, SEC fans, ACC fans, etc, etc... ESPN will even drop off the bandwagon when saban's gone and they're back to mortal.

WE only care cuz they're our rival.  Honestly, living in Florida, I give them almost no thought unless it's the season or I'm on this forum.

Yep. Amazing how far they dropped off my radar even moving to Atlanta. Now in SC, it's like, who?

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Came up on Neuheisel /Full Ride this morning and he was kidding the other guy (big bama fan)  about it.....which he does every now and then.   

Well... yeah. 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

I guess that could be true but I thought the bammers only began scouring their history books after Saban had run up a few.  Seems like they have averaged almost one championship a year during the 21st century.  

In the mid-1980s during the Ray Perkins era, then-Alabama sports information director Wayne Atcheson added five pre-Bear Bryant national titles to the Crimson Tide’s media guide: 1925, 1926, 1930, 1934 and 1941. Alabama’s 1982 media guide, the last season for Bryant, listed 1934 as the only pre-Bryant national championship, thanks to a footnote of Alabama’s SEC history. In the year-by-year results in the 1982 media guide, only Bryant’s six national titles were listed. Once Atcheson made the changes, Alabama claimed 11 national titles.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/alabama-still-claims-most-national-titles-with-some-sketchy-counting/

21 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I'm lucky...I typically go many month without ever seeing a bama hat, shirt of decal on a car.....so I sometimes have a hard time understanding what some of my AU brethren have to live with. 

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I'm lucky...I typically go many month without ever seeing a bama hat, shirt of decal on a car.....so I sometimes have a hard time understanding what some of my AU brethren have to live with. 

I understand.

My brother, on the other hand?  He's a welder and good ole boy redneck so in his world (the Ft Payne area) he's surrounded by them.  Matter of fact, his wife's an Auburn girl but ALL of his in-laws are bammers.  

You hear the crap he puts up with... If he were a message board type he'd probably fill up The Woodshed forum.  He HATES bammer with a passion and I admit, I form a lot of my opinion based on his experience.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

You are luck. I live in Kansas and see bama crap multiple times a week. Heck, the local bama club took over the Auburn Club's original game watch spot (which we had been at for years) and paid the owners to push us out.

I do get a bit of joy when I pass a car and see the A with a mullet on the back... I make a point of glancing back quickly to see their reaction to my license plate that says War Eagle.

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

There was a time when the final poll came out before the bowl games. (This statement was not made in defense of the math challenged who reside in T-town <_<). They'll have to stop when they get to 20. They'll run out of fingers and toes to count on. 

44 minutes ago, gr82be said:

There was a time when the final poll came out before the bowl games. (This statement was not made in defense of the math challenged who reside in T-town <_<). They'll have to stop when they get to 20. They'll run out of fingers and toes to count on. 

My Dad pointed that out to me over the years.  How the final polls were based on regular season results, thus just a Beauty Contest, and the bowls were just Rewards to the teams.  Conf Championships were the goal and nattys were just window dressing. 

That's what helped me develop my opinion of the SEC vs the National championship.  That's changed with a playoff but still it'll be more "real" to me if/when they expand to at least 8 teams.

We have a total of at least 9 football national championships. NOT just 2. All Mr. Greene has to do is read our football history books. Heck, Allen could very well find that we've won more then just 9 football championships dating back to our first year of playing football in 1892. They are there and they are very lagit if you look hard enough for them.

I’ve always considered 83, 93 and 04 anyways lol

5 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I still think Payne Stewart looked stylish in the NFL knickers he wore. I especially liked these. Go Pack!

payne-stewart-pga-golfer-vintage-image-golf-star-image-color-slide-50110712.jpg

Archived