3* ATH Trevor Wilson

NR OT Adarius Tolliver

Class of 2020 | (AU Commit)

4* RB Roydel Williams
4* WR Kobe Hudson
4* OT Tate Ratledge
4* DE Andy Boykin

Not Attending

4* QB Bo Nix (Same day as the Elite 11 Finals in LA & he will be there instead)

Edited by ellitor
Added link for notes & articles.

5 hours ago, Samau said:

Do we know any of the recruits coming to Big Cat yet?

Thanks 

The list comes out the week of BCW which is June 2nd. I have seen some names but I can't post them right now because I saw it in VIP/premium info. Likely have to wait 10 days to 2 weeks.

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

The list comes out the week of BCW which is June 2nd. I have seen some names but I can't post them right now because I saw it in VIP/premium info. Likely have to wait 10 days to 2 weeks.

giphy.gif

Edited by looney
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

I suggest you keep this handy on notepad or something so you can just copy and paste a few dozen more times in the next 10 days to 2 weeks  :laugh:

#arewethereyet

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Like E said we won't know for a minute

However, from what we have seen there should be some huge names this year. We will have quantity and quality for sure.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

You don't say that..

What you say is "Joe, at the pub told me and he's got connections.  But he said it's okay if I tell y'all, so here goes...".  :beer2:

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Man I would have loved for Bo Nix to be there to help recruit but that's still a solid list already.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

OP & thread title updated.

Didn't Dobbs say he'd be there for BCW? Sorry if I'm misremembering 

29 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Didn't Dobbs say he'd be there for BCW?

No. He's visiting the next weekend. Thank you for the help though.

Edited by ellitor
  • Thanks 1

I read that Charles Moore, Handy's friend will be with him, 

Charles is a SDE, 6-4, 255, 

Is it safe to say we probably won't receive any commitments until BCW?  Maybe we're saving one for right before so that we can kick the weekend off with a bang?

Asking because I'd like to take a hiatus from the recruiting board for a week or two.

Edited by AUDevil
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Is it safe to say we probably won't receive any commitments until BCW?

With respect, not safe. Deal is committing Friday & looks to be AU or ND.

16 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Maybe we're saving one for right before so that we can kick the weekend off with a bang?

Could happen but it's not the plan. We actually don't get commits on BCW often. What happens is the event sets things up for later commitments.

18 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Asking because I'd like to take a hiatus from the recruiting board for a week or two.

May want to wait til Friday.

22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

With respect, not safe. Deal is committing Friday & looks to be AU or ND.

Could happen but it's not the plan. We actually don't get commits on BCW often. What happens is the event sets things up for later commitments.

May want to wait til Friday.

Was really hoping Sheffield would attend and commit on Saturday. 

Who are some early expected visitors at Auburn for Big Cat Weekend?

Who will be at Auburn’s Big Cat Weekend?

Many prospects who have been invited are weighing that option with a few other potential college visits the same weekend. For instance, 5-star linebacker Nakobe Dean wanted to go to Big Cat Weekend, but he’d already made a prior arrangement to be at Mississippi State.

By the time the 10th-annual Big Cat Weekend list finalizes, it probably will be one of the best lineups yet. Prospects such as Andrew Booth, Tyrique Stevenson and Devin Bush all have told me in the past they want to make it, but since they haven’t set it in stone yet, I’m not placing them on this list.

Here are a few prospects who have confirmed to me in the last few days they plan to be in attendance:

• 4-star running back Noah Cain
  • 4-star defensive lineman Jaren Handy
  • 4-star linebacker Donte Starks
  • 4-star defensive lineman Justin Eboigbe
  • 4-star athlete Derrian Brown
  • 4-star wide receiver George Pickens
  • 5-star linebacker Owen Pappoe
  • 3-star cornerback Cordale Flott
  • 3-star offensive lineman Jakai Clark
  • 3-star tight end Tyler Fromm

The last five on that list are commits. Quarterback commit Bo Nix won’t be there because of a conflict with the Elite 11 competition. Jaylin Simpson won’t be there either, but the rest of the 2019 class so far will attend.

Outside of that, the first five on that list are all key prospects — as one would expect from a Big Cat Weekend.

I wrote in detail about Cain in the Monday notebook. It’s the third trip a member of the Cain family will make so far this year.

Handy called the Tigers his leader after his most recent trip. The Tigers might be in the team-to-beat category, but Alabama and Ole Miss are also considered serious threats.

Starks is another out-of-state linebacker who has developed a strong relationship with linebackers coach Travis Williams. Could the Tigers pull off another linebacker surprise similar to Pappoe? Starks might be the most likely candidate, if that were to happen.

Eboigbe and Brown are both prospects from Georgia who have visited this spring and have strong relationships with Auburn coaches.

Reminder: Keep an eye out for a much more thorough list as the big weekend approaches.

Will add names to the OP from this article later.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Was really hoping Sheffield would attend and commit on Saturday. 

He's likely to commit the next time he visits. Doesn't have to be BCW.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

He's likely to commit the next time he visits. Doesn't have to be BCW.

I know. But I like the idea of somebody committing early at one of these things in front of the other guys. It seems to be somewhat common at other teams' equivalent events. Maybe it has an effect, maybe not. Seems like it couldn't hurt. Either way, it would just be fun as a fan to come away from the weekend with something tangible to be excited about. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Is it safe to say we probably won't receive any commitments until BCW?  Maybe we're saving one for right before so that we can kick the weekend off with a bang?

If memory serves (and it may not) I don't think Big Cat has produced many commits over the years. Certainly it has led up to some later, but not much on the actual BCW.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

If memory serves (and it may not) I don't think Big Cat has produced many commits over the years. Certainly it has led up to some later, but not much on the actual BCW.

I was just thinking the same thing. Usually doesn't produce commits on that exact day but it does definitely generate interest.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2018 at 4:38 PM, Samau said:

Names seen so far from twitter & free articles

5* LB Owen Pappoe
5* CB Andrew Booth
4* RB Noah Cain
4* RB Derrian Brown
4* WR George Pickens
4* DE Jaren Handy
4* DE/DT Charles Moore (Miss St)
4* DE/DT Justin Egboigbe
4* LB Dante Starks
3* TE Tyler Fromm
3* C Jakai Clark
3* CB Cordale Flott

Not Attending

4* QB Bo Nix (Same day as the Elite 11 Finals in LA & he will be there instead)

Very glad Booth will be there, adding him to the class would already make this group of commits tremendous!

Still think Noah Cain is the best RB in this class and I would be ecstatic if we got him. Not as high on Derrian Brown but I think he is a good alternative to Cain if necessary.

Eboigbe seems to be pretty high on us.

Starks / Pappoe / Dean would be a mind blowing group of LB commits

• Like 2

Do we not have a thread on Derrian Brown? 

Just watched his highlights and saw his offer list. North-south, one-cut guy. Seems to have no qualms about contact. Returns kicks and punts. Listed at 5'11 185 but looks a little thicker than that. Want.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Do we not have a thread on Derrian Brown? 

Just watched his highlights and saw his offer list. North-south, one-cut guy. Seems to have no qualms about contact. Returns kicks and punts. Listed at 5'11 185 but looks a little thicker than that. Want.

Not sure if we have a thread but he seems like he's very interested in us. We might be waiting to see if we can get Cain. I don't think we'll take more than one rb in this class.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Not sure if we have a thread but he seems like he's very interested in us. We might be waiting to see if we can get Cain. I don't think we'll take more than one rb in this class.

Looks like there are also the two two-way guys, also, although I don't know if we're looking at Marshall as a running back at all.