Big Cat Visitor Thread (June 2nd)

Samau

1 minute ago, LKEEL75 said:

I know @ellitor gave us the magic 40% number, but how many of those did BCW really sway?  I mean look at the attendees.  We will take 22-23 kids.  40% of that is 9.  We know at this point that we have 5 of the currently committed players are going to be there.  Of the other players there are at least 3 that people have been expecting to commit for some time.  That means that basically 8 players are "committed" that will be at BCW.  If that is the case then the question becomes, does BCW really sway any recruits to AU that weren't already heavy leans?  I don't know how you can figure that out but it does seem like a big todo over not a lot of result.

Well I thing to remember is we have more commits at this time this year that most previous years. So it does have some effect. Also I'm going to be bold. Since we have cornerstones to a class already on board on O & D I'm predicting a 50% clip or more of BCW attendees to signees.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well I thing to remember is we have more commits at this time this year that most previous years. So it does have some effect. Also I'm going to be bold. Since we have cornerstones to a class already on board on O & D I'm predicting a 50% clip or more of BCW attendees to signees.

Image result for bold prediction gif

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Is the 50% bold prediction with or with out current commits? Cause right now 5 of the 13  attendees are committed = 38%

19 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Is the 50% bold prediction with or with out current commits? Cause right now 5 of the 13  attendees are committed = 38%

Now you're asking all the right questions lol

46 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

I wasn't talking ratio of commits to BCW attendees. I was talking ratio of BCW attendees to signing w/ AU in the end. Right now it's a 5 out of class projection of 23.22%. What I'm predicting is 11 or 12 BCW attendees sign w/ AU.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

I wasn't talking ratio of commits to BCW attendees. I was talking ratio of BCW attendees to signing w/ AU in the end. Right now it's a 5 out of class projection of 23.22%. What I'm predicting is 11 or 12 BCW attendees sign w/ AU.

7245A8A8-480C-4BEE-AABC-1CF5C5BD3276.gif

lol

• Like 1

Not sure if he will be around for Big Cat on Saturday but 4* Top 10 RB is visiting AU sometime this weekend...

22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not sure if he will be around for Big Cat on Saturday but 4* Top 10 RB is visiting AU sometime this weekend...

Why is it # the awful teams and @ the best team?  hahaha

6 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Do we expect a smaller group this year? I think last year there were almost 30 recruits in for big cat

Nope. 35-40 like usual.

5 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

Do we know if anyone is going to show up a day early to get a little one-on-one time?

Most will get one on one time regardless but yes some are coming on Friday before the event begins on Saturday.

On 5/17/2018 at 5:38 PM, Samau said:

Names seen so far from twitter & free articles

5* LB Owen Pappoe
5* CB Andrew Booth
4* RB Noah Cain
4* RB Derrian Brown
4* WR George Pickens
4* WR Christian Harris
4* DE Jaren Handy
4* DE/DT Charles Moore (Miss St)
4* LB Dante Starks
4* CB/WR Zion Puckett
4* S Nick Cross
3* TE Tyler Fromm
3* C Jakai Clark

3* DE/DT Jamond Gordon
3* CB Cordale Flott

Not Attending

4* QB Bo Nix (Same day as the Elite 11 Finals in LA & he will be there instead)

I like that, so far, there's only 1 guy committed to another school and he's probably not going to steer anyone to Starkville. I realize that isn't generally a problem but every little bit helps. 

23 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

Why is it # the awful teams and @ the best team?  hahaha

Especially since @Auburn is the twitter for the weather in Auburn, Washington. Apparently he skills at running back far exceed his Twitter skills.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I like that, so far, there's only 1 guy committed to another school and he's probably not going to steer anyone to Starkville. I realize that isn't generally a problem but every little bit helps. 

Yea... now that Mullen is in Florida, we don't have to worry about it being part of some nefarious plan.

7 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Yea... now that Mullen is in Florida, we don't have to worry about it being part of some nefarious plan.

There might still be a will, but he was probably the way. I really hope they don't get strong again anytime soon. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

For what it’s worth, other teams coaches don’t want their commits coming to events like this. It’s actually a good sign for Auburn when kids committed to other schools do come to big cat weekend 

• Like 5

Any word on whether Trezman Marshall is coming? Seems like he'd just want to hang with Pappoe for a fun weekend. I think it'd be a big deal to get him on campus with this crew.

On 5/30/2018 at 11:26 AM, ellitor said:

Reminds me of Damien Harris a few years ago.  Similar style runners.  Damien might have been a little thicker in high school.