Big Cat Visitor Thread (June 2nd)

Samau

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I don't know if we're looking at Marshall as a running back at all.

Who is Marshall?

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Trezman

Oh. LB target all the way right now.

If we don't get Cain then I like Ronald Thompkins better than Derrian. He's another one to keep an eye on.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Oh. LB target all the way right now.

If we don't get Cain then I like Ronald Thompkins better than Derrian. He's another one to keep an eye on.

10-4, thx

On 5/23/2018 at 7:26 AM, Mikey said:

If memory serves (and it may not) I don't think Big Cat has produced many commits over the years. Certainly it has led up to some later, but not much on the actual BCW.

Not knocking you at all but it’s not set up to be a commitment weekend. Coaches don’t push the kids at all. Just a fun event that the coaches use to get to know the kids and their family better. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Not knocking you at all but it’s not set up to be a commitment weekend. Coaches don’t push the kids at all. Just a fun event that the coaches use to get to know the kids and their family better. 

Of course it's not. That's why I responded to the question : "Can I take a break from the boards this week" the way I did..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

If I am not mistaking every year kids come away saying they didn't talk any football all weekend.  This weekend is just for family to be together and see what AU Family really is.

• Like 1

I would love to get Zion Puckett down for Big Cat as well.

47 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

I would love to get Zion Puckett down for Big Cat as well.

He’ll be there. 

• Like 2

Removed 4* DE/DT Justin Egboigbe from the OP. He will be at Florida. Added 4* CB/WR Zion Puckett & 3* DE/DT Jamond Gordon.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

36 minutes ago, Samau said:

So OL K.Jones is not going to be at Big Cat?

Only posting names so far I have seen on twitter or free articles. If his name is only in a VIP article then I can't post it yet. ?

Edited by ellitor

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Removed 4* DE/DT Justin Egboigbe from the OP. He will be at Florida. Added 4* CB/WR Zion Puckett & 3* DE/DT Jamond Gordon.

Love the two additions but hate seeing Justin go to UF.  They were not in his top 5.

Are Simpson and Deal planning to attend Big Cat?  I 'm aware Nix has a major conflict.

7 minutes ago, autan said:

Are Simpson and Deal planning to attend Big Cat?  I 'm aware Nix has a major conflict.

Can’t really say yet The only place I’ve seen info on their plans is in VIP posts from Keith.

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

Only posting names so far I have seen on twitter or free articles. If his name is only in a VIP article then I can't post it yet. ?

Understand)

20 hours ago, ellitor said:

Any big surprises do you think will show up?  Or big names that are not public?  I know you don’t want to give anything away so you can just say yes or no. 

• Like 1

Story lines to watch IMO for BCW:

Does AU make a move w/ 4* RB Noah Cain?
Do we learn anything about what OTs AU may be targeting & do they attend?
With the potential End/Tackle hybrids that are attending do we get an idea of who Rodney likes at DT?
With some nice LBs attending do we find out who T-Will likes the most at LB spots & do we make a move with them?
Can AU knock the Andrew Booth visit out of the park much like Smoke's Summer visit last year?
And last but not least, does AU continue it's trend of landing a BCW commitment?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Any big surprises do you think will show up?

Guess would be yes.

4 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Or big names that are not public?

Most potential big names won't even be on a VIP list right now so the teams they are committed to or may heavily lean to don't have a chance to talk them out of coming. Those names won't be posted til they arrive for BCW...Unless JLee botches things up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 12:11 PM, NorthGATiger said:

Love the two additions but hate seeing Justin go to UF.  They were not in his top 5.

I agree, that sucks.  Several people had mentioned he was/is high on us, and for anyone high on us to miss Big Cat just sucks.

1 minute ago, War to the Eagle said:

I agree, that sucks.  Several people had mentioned he was/is high on us, and for anyone high on us to miss Big Cat just sucks.

If it makes you feel better 60-65% of our eventual signing class doesn't come to BCW. ?

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If it makes you feel better 60-65% of our eventual signing class doesn't come to BCW. ?

That does make me feel better.

On a separate note, it's also impressive that one event typically helps generate 40% of our class.

6 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

That does make me feel better.

On a separate note, it's also impressive that one event typically helps generate 40% of our class.

I know @ellitor gave us the magic 40% number, but how many of those did BCW really sway?  I mean look at the attendees.  We will take 22-23 kids.  40% of that is 9.  We know at this point that we have 5 of the currently committed players are going to be there.  Of the other players there are at least 3 that people have been expecting to commit for some time.  That means that basically 8 players are "committed" that will be at BCW.  If that is the case then the question becomes, does BCW really sway any recruits to AU that weren't already heavy leans?  I don't know how you can figure that out but it does seem like a big todo over not a lot of result.

• Like 1