Big Cat Visitor Thread (June 2nd)

Samau

30 minutes ago, ellitor said:

UGA LB commit Trezmen Marshall is staying the night -- again.

source.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Haha 2

Do y'all want full articles for individual recruits in here or their Profile threads?

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Do y'all want full articles for individual recruits in here or their Profile threads?

Whichever is easiest for you. I imagine the conversation will migrate over to the individual threads either way. 

Thanks man!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Whichever is easiest for you. I imagine the conversation will migrate over to the individual threads either way. 

Thanks man!

Thanks for the input. I'll put them here & put in the note in the OP that articles & nuggets from BCW begin on page 6.

• Like 1

Auburn in top 2 for 4-star DE, Mississippi State commit Charles Moore

It's a two-horse race for Charles Moore.

The four-star defensive end out of Louisville, Mississippi is committed to Mississippi State but Auburn is neck-and-neck for the 2019 prospect.

"I'm still committed (to MSU) right now," Moore said after visiting Auburn for Big Cat Weekend. "Even with me being committed, Auburn is right there tit-for-tat with Mississippi State right now."

Moore, the No. 91 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite, is also considering LSU, Tennessee and Georgia but his top two are ahead.

He said choosing to leave Mississippi would not be an issue if he chose to do so and his father is from Chicago and mother is from East St. Louis.

"I like to travel," Moore said. "Getting me out of Mississippi, that won't be a big issue. It's just what do you have at your school that will attract me out of Mississippi?"

Moore, who is coming off a torn ACL, told Auburn's coaches he'd visit for Big Cat Weekend months ago and fellow four-star defensive end and close friend Jaren Handy also made the trip. They've discussed playing together in college.

"If I come here, it's a 10 out of 10 chance that you'll see Jaren beside me," Moore said. "Here over the last couple of months me and Jaren we've grown real close. He's almost like a brother to me. ... Me and Jaren coming here this weekend, we enjoyed ourselves, visualizing ourselves in the uniform out on the field before the game, being on campus, coming up just being in Auburn."

• Like 1

Top-100 recruit from Florida impressed, will give AU an official

AUBURN -- The Tigers continue to make a great impression on top-100 national recruit William Putnam, a 4-star offensive guard from Tampa (Fla.) Plant. On Saturday, he made his second visit to the school and afterward he stated that two programs have started to stand out a little.

“Auburn and Florida State are two schools I'm definitely very interested in," Putnam said. "I don't really have an official top five yet, but both those schools are definitely in that mix. For both of those schools I really like the coaching staffs. Here at Auburn, I just love the whole family atmosphere. I really do buy into that and believe that it really is a family. Auburn is definitely a school I'm very interested in."

He added, "Auburn will definitely get an official visit."

According to Putnam, he would like to have a commitment decision "before the season. Hopefully before August. Hopefully in an ideal world I'll be committed before my season. I think a lot of things could still happen. I still have one or two more visits to plan. I'm going to Georgia June 15 and 16."

During both visits to Auburn, Putnam has enjoyed his experiences.

"I've definitely seen enough of Auburn to want to take an official visit here," Putnam said. "I want to take an official visit to a school before I commit."

What stood out Saturday during Big Cat Weekend?

“Just being able to be around the coaches more and other commits more and just the Auburn players," Putnam said.

According to Putnam, he experienced an event similar to Big Cat recently at Florida but said "this one was even more."

• Like 1

Hudson: '(AU) is where my heart is'

AUBURN |Kobe Hudson is committed to Auburn and doesn't plan on changing that, especially after a visit Saturday for BIG CAT.

"This is where my heart is," Hudson said.

Hudson, from Troup in LaGrange, Ga., committed to Auburn in April, but said other colleges have not slowed their recruitments of him.

"I’ll take a couple of visits, have some fun, but this is where my heart is," Hudson said. "I’m trying to get all the people who aren’t committed to come here with me."

Who is Hudson recruiting to Auburn? Oddly enough, other top 2020 wide receiver recruits: four-star

Hudson was on Kodi Burns' team at BIG CAT (Burns' Bombers).

"We played team Family Feud and that was real fun," Hudson said. "The guy (who hosted) was real good. We also had a pie-eating contest and they are doing a photoshoot and a dance competition now."

Hudson will return to Auburn later this month to compete in a 7-on-7 tournament.

• Like 2

Cam Newton, Monty Adams, Chris Davis appear at Big Cat Weekend, recruiting notes

Cam Newton was among the former Auburn stars to appear on campus during Big Cat Weekend.

Former Tigers defensive tackle Montravius Adams, running back Ronnie Brown and defensive backs Carlos Rogers and Chris Davis Jr., the hero of the Kick Six, all also appeared at the school's 10th annual big recruiting weekend.

Athletic director Allen Greene and Auburn president Steven Leath also spent time at the football complex on Saturday.

Colby Wooden quickly found out Big Cat Weekend is not so much about football, but instead about getting to know Auburn's coaching staff and their families and having some fun away from the game.

"We talked a little football," Wooden said. "The first five minutes."

Auburn is recruiting the three-star defensive end out of Archer (Ga.) as a Buck end.

The Tigers are also recruiting his high school teammate, five-star cornerback Andrew Booth. Both are also considering Clemson and have discussed going to the same college, though "it may or may not" end up happening, said Wooden, who plans to return to Auburn in the summer and fall.

"Auburn is still very high up on my list. Obviously I enjoy it here," Wooden said. "I'm still probably making my decision mid-August."

---

Five-star Auburn commit Owen Pappoe feels good about Auburn's chances to land Wooden, Booth and four-star offensive guard Keiondre Jones from Callaway (Ga.)

"I feel really good about them," Pappoe said. "(I say) come be a part of something different, we're building here. I think we're going to have a top 5 class, I keep throwing that out to them."

Pappoe said four-star Georgia commit Trezman Marshall also says he wants to play with him in college. Marshall also visited during Big Cat Weekend, his second visit to the Plains in the last month.

As for Pappe, he's "100 percent" sticking with Auburn.

---

Three-star defensive end Jamond Gordon said Auburn is "one of the top schools" pursuing him.

"They have a good chance," said Gordon, who decommitted from Ole Miss last week.

The Meridian, Miss. product is also considering Arkansas and Tennessee.

Gordon plans to visit Auburn again and will "definitely" take an official visit in the fall. He is trying to be an early enrolle.

---

There is "not really an official leader" for Kenny McIntosh, though Miami is considered the favorite for the University School (Fla.) running back.

The four-star prospect is interested in Auburn, Miami, Oklahoma and Alabama.

McIntosh intends to take an official visit to Auburn for a game and considering being an early enrollee in college.

Auburn's string of 1,000-yard rushers was a major selling point for him.

"Not only are they winning Heismans, and that's one of my goals, I just love the running back coach," McIntosh said. "He's going to turn me into a really good running back."

---

Auburn is "starting to pick up" recruiting Kenny Logan.

The athlete out of Menendez (Fla.) visited along with teammate Tye Edwards.

Logan is also considering Ole Miss, UCF, Alabama and Louisville and intends to return to Auburn for an official visit.

Edwards, a three-star prospect, is intent on playing running back in college even as some recruiting services also list him as a linebacker.

He's visited or intends to visit Georgia, Ole Miss, UCF, USF, Alabama, Oregon and Texas A&M.

---

Four-star 2020 Auburn commit and Andy Boykin is sticking to his commitment, but will not turn any potential suitors away either.

"I told coach Garner I'm not going to turn any school down because you never know what's going to happen," Boykin said. "We'll just see what happens, but right now I'm still 100 percent Auburn."

• Like 1

DL LeDarrius Cox remains committed to Tennessee, but recruitment 'still open'

LeDarrius Cox remains committed to Tennessee, but he's not going to turn away an schools that express interest.

The defensive tackle out of McGill-Toolen was among the more than 30 players to visit Auburn for Big Cat Weekend.

"I'm committed to Tennessee, but my recruitment is still open," Cox said. "I'm still exploring other options and enjoying recruiting right now. I'm blessed to receive every offer I got and open to everything there is to see."

Auburn defensive coordinator Kevin Steele recently offered Cox, a 6-foot-5, 307-pound prospect.

Cox committed to Tennessee in early April and Steele visited him in Mobile later that month and they've been talking since.

During Big Cat Weekend, Cox got a chance to meet with defensive line coach Rodney Garner and former Auburn defensive tackle Montravius Adams.

Cox plans to return to the Plains again later this month.

"(It) feels like home," he said. "It's closer to home and I enjoy the coaching staff."

5-star receiver Jadon Haselwood: Georgia 'probably concerned' about Auburn visit

Jadon Haselwood is sure Georgia isn't too happy to see him visiting Auburn so much.

A five-star receiver ranked No. 5 overall in the 2019 class, Haselwood is committed to the Bulldogs but was on the Plains for Big Cat Weekend, his second visit of the year and third since November.

"I don't think they're going to really check me or say something to me about it, but I know they feel some type of way," Haselwood said of Georgia. "They're probably concerned."

Haselwood did not want to give an update as to where things stand with his recruitment of how solid his commitment is to UGA at this point, but said Auburn is giving him something to think about.

He brought nearly a dozen family members with him to Big Cat Weekend, which is geared more toward fun activities and for recruits to get to know Auburn's coaches and their families than it is about football per se.

Haselwood likes the atmosphere and the coaches and heard from Auburn's current players.

"I feel like everybody's keeping it real," Haselwood said.

Auburn commits Owen Pappoe, Bo Nix and George Pickens are all talking with Haselwood about joining them and he plays on a 7-on-7 team with Nix and Pickens, a fellow receiver.

"They want me to go wherever, I'm not going to pressure anybody to go to Georgia. I tell everybody to be selfish because it's a selfish decision," Haselwood said. "Owen asked me how solid I am to Georgia; I'd say George and Bo would be on me the hardest. ... (Playing 7-on-7 with George and Bo) really don't affect anything, but it's fun playing with those two guys."

• Love 1

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Is it wrong that Haselwood and Marshall have become my 2 biggest wants? No reason. It's just, like, you know, whatever...

I think Trezmen is gonna pop next. 

Edited by WFE12

6 hours ago, WFE12 said:

I think Trezmen is gonna pop next. 

I think it will be Sheffield FRIW. He will be back soon and I expect him to pop.

• Like 3

Just now, ellitor said:

I think it will be Sheffield FRIW. He will be back soon and I expect him to pop.

That would be great. His hype has died down a little but that's someone I'm very excited about.

War Eagle E and thanks for all your updates in this thread. Things seem to be going really well!

9 hours ago, RunInRed said:

8422262.png

Roydel Williams

This guys sophomore highlights are pretty impressive. He already looks as big as Kerryon and he`s just now about to be a junior in high school. 

Edited by AU80cruiser

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

His Mom must be a REALLY busy woman. Visit could be this weekend or next...Who knows. He's ours anyway so whatever.