Big Cat Visitor Thread (June 2nd)

Samau

23 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Oh goodness, I hope that pretty lady's okay :blink:

We're allow to post snuff-gifs now? Cuz she dead...

2 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

We're allow to post snuff-gifs now? Cuz she dead...

Man. You made me look it up:

Champlin was shocked by how many people thought she was either faking it or downright dead after they watched the clip on YouTube. She swears it was neither, though the right side of her face and her upper lip were numb right after she was hit, and she suffered a pretty brutal headache for hours.

Champlin said she didn’t know what happened after using the slingshot until Roberts came up and started wiping watermelon juice off her face (see video from the challenge below).

“Honestly, I thought I was a lot more injured than I was, and then CBS gave me the go ahead [to continue],” says Champlin, who was particularly grateful that the medical staff was only seconds away. In fact, less than 15 minutes went by between the time Champlin was hurt and when she decided to resume the competition. “If I was ever going to be hit by a watermelon, that was the place to be. The whole staff is top of the line, I was grateful they were right there by my side.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

com

Cam Newton, Montravius Adams, Chris Davis Jr. appear at Auburn's Big Cat Weekend, recruiting notes

Updated Jun 2; Posted Jun 2

Cam Newton was among the former Auburn stars to appear on campus during Big Cat Weekend.

Former Tigers defensive tackle Montravius Adams, running back Ronnie Brown and defensive backs Carlos Rogers and Chris Davis Jr., the hero of the Kick Six, all also appeared at the school's 10th annual big recruiting weekend.

Athletic director Allen Greene and Auburn president Steven Leath also spent time at the football complex on Saturday.

---

Colby Wooden quickly found out Big Cat Weekend is not so much about football, but instead about getting to know Auburn's coaching staff and their families and having some fun away from the game.

"We talked a little football," Wooden said. "The first five minutes."

Auburn is recruiting the three-star defensive end out of Archer (Ga.) as a Buck end.

The Tigers are also recruiting his high school teammate, five-star cornerback Andrew Booth. Both are also considering Clemson and have discussed going to the same college, though "it may or may not" end up happening, said Wooden, who plans to return to Auburn in the summer and fall.

"Auburn is still very high up on my list. Obviously I enjoy it here," Wooden said. "I'm still probably making my decision mid-August."

---

Five-star Auburn commit Owen Pappoe feels good about Auburn's chances to land Wooden, Booth and four-star offensive guard Keiondre Jones from Callaway (Ga.)

"I feel really good about them," Pappoe said. "(I say) come be a part of something different, we're building here. I think we're going to have a top 5 class, I keep throwing that out to them."

Pappoe said four-star Georgia commit Trezman Marshall also says he wants to play with him in college. Marshall also visited during Big Cat Weekend, his second visit to the Plains in the last month.

As for Pappe, he's "100 percent" sticking with Auburn.

---

Three-star defensive end Jamond Gordon said Auburn is "one of the top schools" pursuing him.

"They have a good chance," said Gordon, who decommitted from Ole Miss last week.

The Meridian, Miss. product is also considering Arkansas and Tennessee.

Gordon plans to visit Auburn again and will "definitely" take an official visit in the fall. He is trying to be an early enrolle.

---

There is "not really an official leader" for Kenny McIntosh, though Miami is considered the favorite for the University School (Fla.) running back.

The four-star prospect is interested in Auburn, Miami, Oklahoma and Alabama.

McIntosh intends to take an official visit to Auburn for a game and considering being an early enrollee in college.

Auburn's string of 1,000-yard rushers was a major selling point for him.

"Not only are they winning Heismans, and that's one of my goals, I just love the running back coach," McIntosh said. "He's going to turn me into a really good running back."

---

Auburn is "starting to pick up" recruiting Kenny Logan.

The athlete out of Menendez (Fla.) visited along with teammate Tye Edwards.

Logan is also considering Ole Miss, UCF, Alabama and Louisville and intends to return to Auburn for an official visit.

Edwards, a three-star prospect, is intent on playing running back in college even as some recruiting services also list him as a linebacker.

He's visited or intends to visit Georgia, Ole Miss, UCF, USF, Alabama, Oregon and Texas A&M.

---

Four-star 2020 Auburn commit and Andy Boykin is sticking to his commitment, but will not turn any potential suitors away either.

"I told coach Garner I'm not going to turn any school down because you never know what's going to happen," Boykin said. "We'll just see what happens, but right now I'm still 100 percent Auburn."

James Crepea is an Auburn beat reporter for Alabama Media Group. Follow him on Twitter @JamesCrepea.

• Like 1

@McLoofus, that was a public service you provided, my friend. Thanks for tracking that down because I was on my way to the Google store. Also, it's pretty clear that CBS let her "continue" the competition with a concussion. 

• Haha 1

On 5/17/2018 at 4:38 PM, Samau said:

Recruiting Notes from BCW & individual articles begin here

Class of 2019 | (AU Commit)

5* WR Jaden Haselwood (UGA) - 50/50 now with uga. Was texting back and forth with Bo Nix all weekend. 
5* LB Owen Pappoe
5* CB Andrew Booth - AU leads - Could commit anytime. 

4* RB Noah Cain - Made a big impression. 
4* RB Kenny McIntosh - ?
4* WR George Pickens
4* OG Keiondre Jones - AU leads
4* OG William Putnam - ? 
4* DE/DT Charles Moore (Miss St) - 50/50 with State. 
4* DT Jaren Handy - AU leads
4* Buck Derick Hall - ?
4* LB King Mwikuta (UAt) - Nothing to see here. 
4* LB Khris Bogle - ?
4* LB Trezman Marshall (UGA) - AU. 
4* LB Christian Harris - ?
4* CB/WR Zion Puckett - ?
4* S Nick Cross - ? 

3* TE Luke Deal
3* TE Tyler Fromm
3* C Jakai Clark

3* OG Kingsley Eguakun (Miami) - ?
3* DE Colby Wooden - AU
3* DE/DT Jamond Gordon - AU
3* DT LeDarrius Cox (Tennessee) - AU
3* S Kenny Logan - ?
3* ATH RB-LB Tye Edwards - My favorite RB in this class now. Hope AU makes a huge push. I'd say AU leads. Kid is a monster.
3* ATH Trevor Wilson - ? 

NR OT Adarius Tolliver - ? 

Class of 2020 | (AU Commit)

4* RB Roydel Williams
4* WR Kobe Hudson
4* OT Tate Ratledge
4* DE Andy Boykin

Not Attending

4* QB Bo Nix (Same day as the Elite 11 Finals in LA & he will be there instead)

My limited takeaways from this weekend. Will find out more.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

24 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

My limited takeaways from this weekend. Will find out more.  

Edwards better than Cain? No kidding?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Get them both and convince Jaden Haselwood to switch and we have all offensive skill positions covered for the year. Then we need to pull in some O-Line, which looks like we have made some progress on but would really like to see some commits to go with our one Center/Guard commit..

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Get them both and convince Jaden Haselwood to switch and we have all offensive skill positions covered for the year. Then we need to pull in some O-Line, which looks like we have made some progress on but would really like to see some commits to go with our one Center/Guard commit..

I like the way you're thinking, sir. 

21 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Edwards is a huge RB could be a legitimate running threat at h-back.

Personally I still prefer Cain but they could be very complimentary to one another.

23 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It may be a Cain 1A Tye 1B kind of thing now.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Edwards is a huge RB could be a legitimate running threat at h-back.

Personally I still prefer Cain but they could be very complimentary to one another.

Word. Was wondering if we saw Edwards as having an expanded/unique skill set. Or maybe he's just the rare pure RB who happens to be tall.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

It may be a Cain 1A Tye 1B kind of thing now.

Yes please

30 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Get them both

FWIW Staff's plan is to take 1 RB if it's a guy that can be a feature back. Staff sees both as feature backs I believe.

Edited by ellitor

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FWIW Staff's plan is to take 1 RB if it's a guy that can be a feature back. Staff sees both as feature backs I believe.

Image result for i want it all gif

• Like 1

Personally, I think Noah Cain is the best RB in the class. I wouldn't be excited about taking Edwards at Cain's expense.

7 hours ago, aubiefifty said:
com

Cam Newton, Montravius Adams, Chris Davis Jr. appear at Auburn's Big Cat Weekend, recruiting notes

Guys, I JUST figured it out. It's Finkle and Einhorn. Einhorn and Finkle....

Cam Newton IS the Bagman.

• Like 3

Tye seems like he could play the role we are trying to carve out for Joiner.  

48 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Tye seems like he could play the role we are trying to carve out for Joiner.  

You mean like a guy who's 6'2 225 or bigger, runs around a 4.5, and can run and catch equally well? Maybe a guy who can put up 1,000 yards from scrimmage- split almost evenly between rushing and receiving- and 15 touchdowns in a season? A guy with 4th round potential? A guy that Chip Lindsey can score 8 touchdowns in one game with? A guy who could be Cam-like out of the Wildcat?

Kalen Ballage

Ballage made national headlines in 2016 by tying the FBS record by using his power and speed to score eight touchdowns in one game (seven rushing -- most from the Wildcat formation in the red zone -- and one receiving) in a September match-up against Texas Tech. Ballage did not earn any all-conference efforts because he split carries (126 for 536 yards) with Demario Richard, but he scored 14 rushing touchdowns, provided a safety valve in the receiving game (44 receptions, 469 yards, one touchdown) and returned kicks (18 attempts, 409 yards). Ballage split carries with Richard again in 2017, rushing for 669 yards and six scores on 157 totes (20 receptions, 91 yards; 20 attempts, 437 yards on kick returns). He missed the beginning of his sophomore year with mononucleosis but finished with 653 rushing yards and four scores in 10 games. The four-star recruit from Colorado played a role as a true freshman in 2014 (42 rush, 138 yards, three touchdowns; six receptions, 64 yards, touchdown), even making a 96-yard kick return in the Sun Bowl that year.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/kalen-ballage?id=32462018-0002-5599-95ff-38837404d292

I hammered this guy's name when we recruited Joiner and we might see it yet but Edwards looks like the guy we hope Joiner can be.

• Like 1

If it's a matter of only taking one I'll stick with Cain 100%

Wouldn't mind both but I understand we have limited spots and a plan.

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You mean like a guy who's 6'2 225 or bigger, runs around a 4.5, and can run and catch equally well? Maybe a guy who can put up 1,000 yards from scrimmage- split almost evenly between rushing and receiving- and 15 touchdowns in a season? A guy with 4th round potential? A guy that Chip Lindsey can score 8 touchdowns in one game with? A guy who could be Cam-like out of the Wildcat?

Kalen Ballage

Ballage made national headlines in 2016 by tying the FBS record by using his power and speed to score eight touchdowns in one game (seven rushing -- most from the Wildcat formation in the red zone -- and one receiving) in a September match-up against Texas Tech. Ballage did not earn any all-conference efforts because he split carries (126 for 536 yards) with Demario Richard, but he scored 14 rushing touchdowns, provided a safety valve in the receiving game (44 receptions, 469 yards, one touchdown) and returned kicks (18 attempts, 409 yards). Ballage split carries with Richard again in 2017, rushing for 669 yards and six scores on 157 totes (20 receptions, 91 yards; 20 attempts, 437 yards on kick returns). He missed the beginning of his sophomore year with mononucleosis but finished with 653 rushing yards and four scores in 10 games. The four-star recruit from Colorado played a role as a true freshman in 2014 (42 rush, 138 yards, three touchdowns; six receptions, 64 yards, touchdown), even making a 96-yard kick return in the Sun Bowl that year.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/kalen-ballage?id=32462018-0002-5599-95ff-38837404d292

I hammered this guy's name when we recruited Joiner and we might see it yet but Edwards looks like the guy we hope Joiner can be.

Great comparison.  He could be exactly that for us.

Just now, bigbird said:

Great comparison.  He could be exactly that for us.

Thanks. I realize that we might not have much to go on except metrics, but I just can't shake how successful Lindsey was with Ballage, and between Joiner and now Edwards I just feel like he wants to do it again. And I want that, too. (Not holding my breath for 8 touchdowns in a game, of course, but a genuine "dual threat" out of the backfield would be awesome.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jared52 said:

Guys, I JUST figured it out. It's Finkle and Einhorn. Einhorn and Finkle....

Cam Newton IS the Bagman.

Well the 7 on 7 coach for a lot of top skill players in the South so tomato tomoto.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Kalen Ballage

Don't know about Ballage but I think Tye can do more as a true RB than Joiner because, ya know, he is not afraid of contact.

FWIW I've only seen talk of AU liking Tye as a true RB so far. Very different from their narrative when recruiting HJ. However that could change as more info gets to us.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

Personally, I think Noah Cain is the best RB in the class. I wouldn't be excited about taking Edwards at Cain's expense.

Wouldn't be at Cain's expense. Cain is #1 on the board.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Don't know about Ballage but I think Tye can do more as a true RB than Joiner because, ya know, he is not afraid of contact.

FWIW I've only seen talk of AU liking Tye as a true RB so far. Very different from their narrative when recruiting HJ.

If it's truly a Cain or Edwards (or some other guy) situation, then yeah that makes complete sense. We wouldn't let Cain walk in favor of a tweener. But if we somehow ended up with both... 

Image result for dreams gif

(holy crap how did somebody make a beautiful blue sky so hard to look at)

Big Cat big hit for Wooden

AUBURN | Big Cat was a big hit for Colby Wooden

.The defensive end from Archer (Lawrenceville, Ga.) was one of 31 top recruits in Auburn on Saturday for the Tigers’ premiere recruiting event.

“It was great. I loved it,” Wooden said. “We played Family Feud, had a scavenger hunt, ate a bunch of food and I did the pie-eating contest. Of course, I lost being the skinny kid.”

Wooden’s parents and younger brother joined him in Auburn. They arrived Saturday and stayed until Sunday. It was Wooden’s second overnight visit to Auburn – the first coming in April.

Wooden entered Big Cat already high on Auburn and continued to be after his exit.

“Auburn stands very high on my list,” Wooden said. “I really enjoy it here. I love the family atmosphere, the coaches. I’m like a second son to the coaches. I just love the place, the facilities, how the coaches interact with the players and how they have fun. It’s just a cool environment.”

Wooden lists Auburn and Clemson as his top two schools. A commitment to one of them could happen this summer.

“I’ll probably make my decision in August,” he said.

Wooden plans to return to Auburn before making his decision.

“I’ll definitely be back,” Wooden said.