Baseball vs LSU Game 1

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

I would say a very, very good chance Brad.

For sure.  I made sure to call my parents tonight to let them know it may be the last chance they have to see Casey.  Think they are going tomorrow.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All around a pretty nice game. The officiating was uneventful and probably the best it's been all year. The AU bats were hot. Pitching was solid and the results speak for themselves.

War Eagle!

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Anthony saves a poor throw to get the final out...and Burns leaves with the 4 run lead....pitched a good solid game....

Josh has been great at FB. 

7 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Josh has been great at FB. 

Good move to switch he and Venter

14 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

For sure.  I made sure to call my parents tonight to let them know it may be the last chance they have to see Casey.  Think they are going tomorrow.

Great. Ask them to look for me. I am the extremely handsome guy wearing a AU baseball hat. ?

It is really great to watch Casey work. Hope he is at the top of his game tomorrow night. Love some great pitching 

44 minutes ago, WarEagle2423 said:

Kinda was hoping we'd use Daniel after Burns to save Greenhill for Saturday, but I fully trust CBT. And tonight helps if we need Greenhill in the first game of the SEC tourney. Nonetheless, great win. War eagle! 

I bet Greenhill could throw an inning or two if we had to have it Saturday. 

53 minutes ago, WarEagle2423 said:

Kinda was hoping we'd use Daniel after Burns to save Greenhill for Saturday, but I fully trust CBT. And tonight helps if we need Greenhill in the first game of the SEC tourney. Nonetheless, great win. War eagle! 

If we had a 6 run lead at the time instead of 4 I think you wouldn't have seen Cody tonight. Stupid ball getting lost in the lights at dusk cost us those 2 runs.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

AU wins....11-4 

nice 3rd to 2nd to first DP squelched the little rally that LSU looked to have.....

Greenhill solid tonight...about 40 pitches.....not too bad if we needed him in the SEC I'm thinking...

He'll be good to go Saturday if needed. 40 pitches isn't that much this time of year.

Really enjoyed  the game tonight. Had great seats......row 1 right next to  the entrance to AU's dugout. And the rain held off.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

If we had a 6 run lead at the time instead of 4 I think you wouldn't have seen Cody tonight. Stupid ball getting lost in the lights at dusk cost us those 2 runs.

Yeah I agree. I thought the same thing. Not arguing the decision at all. I think CBT made the right call at that time. Gotta make sure you get the win in this one before worrying about the other games. 

36 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

RPI at 12 still......

Likely ain't going to move up this weekend. Only potential movement would be down with a loss or 2.

10 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Brad are we a lock-in for NCAA tourney or do we have to win first game in SEC tourney?

10 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Great. Ask them to look for me. I am the extremely handsome guy wearing a AU baseball hat. ?

It is really great to watch Casey work. Hope he is at the top of his game tomorrow night. Love some great pitching 

Would be hard to miss you...... so you and bird look alike?

1 hour ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Brad are we a lock-in for NCAA tourney or do we have to win first game in SEC tourney?

We are a lock for the NCAA Tourney & have been since we swept Vandy.. Now we are working on a region Host spot. Need 3 more wins between the rest of LSU & the SEC Tourney to lock that IMO.

1 hour ago, NolaAuTiger said:

What E said.  My reference to my parents was for a home game.

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

Likely ain't going to move up this weekend. Only potential movement would be down with a loss or 2.

Good to see you posting again. Feel like it's been a while since I've seen you post in the baseball threads.

I agree on the RPI. Even with two losses, the needs report say we would stay in the top 16. Looking at the Warren Nolan RPI game values, I don't think we'd fall past 15 if we lose the series.

4 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Good to see you posting again. Feel like it's been a while since I've seen you post in the baseball threads.

I agree on the RPI. Even with two losses, the needs report say we would stay in the top 16. Looking at the Warren Nolan RPI game values, I don't think we'd fall past 15 if we lose the series.

My thing is wanting us to get the 5 seed if we can for the SEC Tourney. That alone would boost our resume given 1-4 will be 1 seeds & probably at least 3 being top 8 national seeds. If we don't get the 5 seed then I would like to see our RPI get to the top 10 to feel good about getting a region host spot. The shortest path I see to that would be winning the LSU series & getting to Wednesday & getting a win over Top 10 RPI teams Arky, Rebs, or UGA.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

We are a lock for the NCAA Tourney & have been since we swept Vandy.. Now we are working on a region Host spot. Need 3 more wins between the rest of LSU & the SEC Tourney to lock that IMO.

3 more would be a lock, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us as a host with 2 more wins. 2 would definitely put us on the bubble of hosting, but still possible.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

My thing is wanting us to get the 5 seed if we can for the SEC Tourney. That alone would boost our resume given 1-4 will be 1 seeds & probably at least 3 being top 8 national seeds. If we don't get the 5 seed then I would like to see our RPI get to the top 10 to feel good about getting a region host spot. The shortest path I see to that would be winning the LSU series & getting to Wednesday & getting a win over Top 10 RPI teams Arky, Rebs, or UGA.

To get that 5th seed, I think we need to sweep LSU and South Carolina to get swept because I believe we'd lose the highest seeded common opponent tiebreaker to them. No one else can get to 16 wins that would beat us in a tiebreaker. I don't think we can be the 5 seed if we don't get to 16 wins.

To be the 6 seed:

Auburn sweeps LSU

or

Auburn wins the series

Vandy wins their series vs Kentucky

Florida and South Carolina win one game in their respective series

1 hour ago, boomstick said:

To get that 5th seed, I think we need to sweep LSU and South Carolina to get swept

Correct.

11 minutes ago, boomstick said:

To be the 6 seed:

Auburn sweeps LSU

or

Auburn wins the series

Vandy wins their series vs Kentucky

Florida and South Carolina win one game in their respective series

Also correct. Sorry if it took you some time to do all that. I did the calculations Tuesday & could have answered any questions on it.

5th or 6th or whatever.....gotta win that game on Tuesday or we can just save hotel money and take the bus back to Auburn that night 'cause it's over in Hoover.  

Archived