softball vs Kennesaw State

OK...Snow beats out an infield hit and McCrackin walks.....two on with no outs for Shea.

Shea looks bunt but takes for a ball....then ball 2.....now ball 3 and KSU pitcher digging a hole for herself.

Count goes to 3-1,  then 3-2....Shea taking all the way....short pop fly and Shea is out and runners stay put.

T Snow at bat

T Snow lines to CF...and runner advances to 3rd....2 outs with runners on the corners

Rivera  at bat.....and McCrackin "steals" second.....what is sometimes called defensive indifference.

Rivera beats out a slow bouncer and both runners score....on the play...running with 2 outs...aggressive play all the way around....and much needed...

So going to top of 7th...AU is up 5-2.....and Carlson out to finish up....

OK....3 up and 3 down in the 7th and AU wins 5-2 and win for Carlson....

11 Central tomorrow.  I wonder if Alley Cutting might want to transfer to Auburn?  I think we see why we pitched Martin/Carlson against KSU earlier this year.  We had two good barrelled balls today.  Thanks goodness we made use of both of them. But the most important hit was River's dribble single.

Think we had one hit out of the infield....but managed to scrape up enough runs to make it look easier that it was. 

Jax and FSU in the game to follow today....so guess we play tomorrow...but I am rarely able to figure out how these brackets progress so will just wait until after game 2 today and see what they tell me.

Meanwhile....important game tonight and see that one of the ESPN channels is carrying AU vs LSU...

McCrackin had a triple to right, and Veach doubled in the LC alley.  Shea had a flyout to left in bot 6.

I expect FSU to handle Jax easily, and we will see the Seminoles tomorrow. 

46 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Think we had one hit out of the infield....but managed to scrape up enough runs to make it look easier that it was. 

Jax and FSU in the game to follow today....so guess we play tomorrow...but I am rarely able to figure out how these brackets progress so will just wait until after game 2 today and see what they tell me.

Meanwhile....important game tonight and see that one of the ESPN channels is carrying AU vs LSU...

Go JSU!!!

No big surprise of course.....so we get FSU at noon ....should be revealing....

• WarTiger changed the title to softball vs Kennesaw State

I like how Auburn found some of the playoff moxy from years past.  We answered quickly both times KSU made it interesting.  The aggressive baserunning paid off today and the girls executed when needing to.  Good win.  Need to have a top notch pitching performance tomorrow to give our bats a chance to come alive late.  Get the win tomorrow and we will be in a great spot. Go get em ladies! 

Don't like that Martin went so short. Neither her or Carlson seem to have improved under Dean this year. Batting ha see been an issue as well, but the pitching is most concerning. Maybe that changes facing the host tomorrow.

Archived