baseball vs. lsu game 2

6 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Our best 3 hitters have really let us down tonight. 0 for 11. 

I think Will Holland is our best hitter and he's been pretty good....he isn't aiming for the fences every time he 's at the plate. He's up there wanting to get a hit from whatever he's got to work with.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tigerbelle said:

I think Will Holland is our best hitter and he's been pretty good....

Our most dangerous hitters maybe. Talking about Venter, Julien, and Williams. 

5 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Our most dangerous hitters maybe. Talking about Venter, Julien, and Williams. 

I do think there's a difference.....Holland has been pretty consistent. But he's often left stranded at 2nd after he gets a double. V,J and W are HR threats on occasion but they really need to learn how to get the runners home instead of worrying about homers at every bat.

Bright side. Projections seem to be trending toward Greenville or Corvallis right now instead of Tallahassee. Although ECU did drop their series with UCONN so their hosting spot might be in danger 

9 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I do think there's a difference.....Holland has been pretty consistent. But he's often left stranded at 2nd after he gets a double. V,J and W are HR threats on occasion but they really need to learn how to get the runners home instead of worrying about homers at every bat.

Agree with ya there but I feel pretty dern good with those 3 at the plate usually. They bat 2,4, and 5 in the lineup. When you go 0-11 in those spots, you don’t win often. Need clutch players.

5 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Bright side. Projections seem to be trending toward Greenville or Corvallis right now instead of Tallahassee. Although ECU did drop their series with UCONN so their hosting spot might be in danger 

Interesting....

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Agree with ya there but I feel pretty dern good with those 3 at the plate usually. They bat 2,4, and 5 in the lineup. When you go 0-11 in those spots, you don’t win often. Need clutch players.

I felt better earlier in the season. 

How much longer on rain delay? And score/inning if y’all have it! Just getting my info from you guys from phone!

This was called a strike on Julien. 2-0 pitch with runnerson first and second with one out. Would’ve had a 3-0 count and possibly, then, a walk, or at least a much better pitch to hit. Instead, 2-1 is the count, and Julien ends up having to protect the plate 2 pitches later on a 2-2 count and pops out to left. These kinds of calls in clutch moments in games make me really question the SEC’s ability to find good officials. You can’t make this call. Not even close. edeaba25-a933-4727-bf27-b86268d50838

2 minutes ago, toddc said:

How much longer on rain delay? And score/inning if y’all have it! Just getting my info from you guys from phone!

Few more mins on rain delay. 4-2 LSU T9, one out nobody on 

Come on Auburn! 

Another RBI...6-2...I now get irrationally angry whenever I see our choice in relief pitchers on the mound...I just don't see the point of it.

Just now, tigerbrotha12 said:

All Coker defenders out there: 

get a clue. The guy gives up runs 

He was pretty good when AU was short handed. And he's gotten screwed by the home plate umps more than a few times because of what he throws and because he comes in late in the game. He's been serviceable in his role and at times he's been a tough closer.

Archived