Hosting/Regional Placement

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Do I understand we will know sometime Sunday afternoon or evening whether we host?  .....and if our name is not called, we will not know where we play until Monday? 

What is the purpose of the delay?     negotiation with coaches and ADs about who goes where?  

1. Yes. 2. Yes. 3. Host sites have always been announced Sunday night. The delay to Monday for the rest is the committee figuring the rest of the at large spots & seeding for the tourney & there not being a rush to do so unlike College Basketball. Delay has nothing to do with negotiations on who goes where. Relevent games that impact the Tourney seeding & placement will be going on til 7 PM tomorrow night at the earliest. With Selection Monday always being the holiday Memorial Day & there being no regional games before the next Friday except years where BYU is in there's no rush to get everything out Sunday.

11 hours ago, boomstick said:

So, UConn and ECU won today and will play in their conference championship game. Stetson beat Jacksonville and then Jacksonville lost to N Florida to get eliminated from the ACCT. Duke lost and was eliminated. NC State lost and was eliminated from the ACCT. UCLS lost to Oregon State. Texas Tech is losing to WVU in the 6th. 

Follow up here. ECU drubbed AAC 1 seed Houston 12-1 so hoping they drub UConn too hurting UConn's chances since the the drubbing probably put ECU in.

Tech was blasted by WVU 12-4

Games today that may effect home sites & seeding:

ECU-UConn: AAC Championship
Coastal Carolina-South Alabama: Sun Belt Semis. USA has to beat CCU 2 times to eliminate them.
Minnesota-Ohio St: Big Ten Semis. Ohio St has to win 2 times to eliminate Minnesota.
Stetson-North Florida: A-Sun Championship. UNF has to win 2 times to eliminate Stetson.
UCLA @ Oregon St.

FWIW IMO It comes down to ECU, UConn, NC St, Minnesota, Texas, AU, Coastal Carolina, & UCLA. 8 teams battling for the last 5 host spots. If UCLA gets swept today by Oregon St I don't see them being a host but as Power of Dixie will tell you they still may be for geographic balance.

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

D1baseball has us at the 16th host site as of this morning.

Think I’d rather not play a super at the number one team in the country’s house.... idk a Plainsman Regional sure would be fun though 

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

D1baseball has us at the 16th host site as of this morning.

Pay content or free? Not being a stickler. Just curious if it was something I can see?Pay content or free? Not being a stickler. Just curious if it was something I can see?

21 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Pay content or free? Not being a stickler. Just curious if it was something I can see?Pay content or free? Not being a stickler. Just curious if it was something I can see?

You're needle's skipping on the record.

35 minutes ago, ellitor said:

May have been pay.  Friend of mine has a subscription there and texted me this morning.  He follows college baseball religiously, so I took his word.  Didn't cross check it myself.

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Think I’d rather not play a super at the number one team in the country’s house.... idk a Plainsman Regional sure would be fun though 

It goes against the grain, but I kind of agree with you.  The flip side is if that #1 team happens to lose, we get a home Super.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

It’s pay. What’s the rule on posting a snippet of a pay article here? Because if it isn’t a big deal, I’ll post the Auburn portion of the article. 

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

It goes against the grain, but I kind of agree with you.  The flip side is if that #1 team happens to lose, we get a home Super.

Also if it’s Florida I don’t mind trying to go in there and beat them. Their damn good but not invincible. We took one from them earlier this year.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

No it’s not. I tried to make it clear in a post Then I was worried about site rules on this. I was just genuinely Curious if it was for info that I could see for my own curiosity.. Yes I know  that’s redundant. 

I was making a joke because your post that I quoted appears to have glitched and duplicated itself.  I was making a joke because your post that I quoted appears to have glitched and duplicated itself.

^^^^

See?  Like this. ;)

12 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I was making a joke because your post that I quoted appears to have glitched and duplicated itself.  I was making a joke because your post that I quoted appears to have glitched and duplicated itself.

^^^^

See?  Like this. ;)

Didn't realize that. Was doing it from my phone.

1 hour ago, boomstick said:

It’s pay. What’s the rule on posting a snippet of a pay article here? Because if it isn’t a big deal, I’ll post the Auburn portion of the article. 

Wasn't questioning for rules sake. Guess I should have PMed y'all instead. Regardless thank you both for sharing what you have.

So FWIW Kendall Rogers & Aaron Fitt at D1Baseball are very good at this. I looked at their last projection last season. They got all 16 hosts right & every host pairing right. The only thing off was they had LSU as #3 overall, Texas Tech #4 overall & UF #5 overall. Actual was #3 Florida, #4 LSU, & #5 Tech.

Interesting tweet from Teddy Cahill, Baseball America's college baseball analyst...

5 hours ago

I appreciate the effort of the graphics department. I also really like the Tigers' regional hosting case.

If y'all haven't figured it out I want us to host really bad. I need the money from the work I would get from AU getting a regional.

31 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Interesting tweet from Teddy Cahill, Baseball America's college baseball analyst...

If y'all haven't figured it out I want us to host really bad. I need the money from the work I would get from AU getting a regional.

Yet another reason why we deserve to host. Hope we get it for you and for Auburn baseball. 

So FWIW Kendall Rogers & Aaron Fitt at D1Baseball are very good at this. I looked at their last projection last season. They got all 16 hosts right & every host pairing right. The only thing off was they had LSU as #3 overall, Texas Tech #4 overall & UF #5 overall. Actual was #3 Florida, #4 LSU, & #5 Tech.

Hey Ellitor. Is Auburn in their picture today? For hosting?

33 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Hey Ellitor. Is Auburn in their picture today? For hosting?

Yes. We need help from our friends in Troy though to help us out and beat coastal Carolina tomorrow to make us feel better about our chances.

I could be wrong but I think you know I miss humor a lot of times so put an emoji in there or the dripping w/ sarcasm annimated thing in the 1st post so I'll know it was a joke. It may seem tedious but I truly appreciate when it's done.

I'm tired of acting like the site cop & the stigma that comes with it. It's something I'm sensitive to.

No worries E.  I've mentioned before how I respect you and the info you (and those like you) provide so that knuckleheads like me can enjoy reading and gain some real knowledge.

On the flip-side us cranially challenged  bring nothing real to the table but opinion and goofiness.  So usually if you see me post you know it's probably forgettably inane fluff, followed by a War Eagle at least.

8 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

No worries E.  I've mentioned before how I respect you and the info you (and those like you) provide so that knuckleheads like me can enjoy reading and gain some real knowledge.

On the flip-side us cranially challenged  bring nothing real to the table but opinion and goofiness.  So usually if you see me post you know it's probably forgettably inane fluff, followed by a War Eagle at least.

Sounds like @bigbird to me also I should add 

15 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

How are you able to reply to old posts? I edited out all of the above post hours ago that you just quoted..

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

How are you able to reply to old posts? I edited out all of the above post hours ago that you just quoted..

HaHa!  Been trying to reply for hours but I have a wife and two 9 yr olds that demand attention (going out to dinner, actually) so it's been in draft mode.

6 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Hell we were close to hosting a super last year if it weren't for choking in Tallahassee.

Archived