• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Ditto. Raleigh or Chapel Hill would be ok with me

Or Myrtle Beach  or Clemson?

17 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

https://d1baseball.com/projections/2018-final-projected-field-of-64/

final D1Baseball projection has us going to Deland Regional (Stetson). 

I’d be fine with that 

I like that draw. And we’d be paired with the Clemson regional, which has Baylor and Kentucky who could both win that regional. 

On 5/25/2018 at 9:46 AM, boomstick said:

Some teams who have been considered hosts have had RPIs fall. NC State is at 18, UConn is 19, Duke is 20. But Jacksonville and USF are now 16 and 17.

At this point, I don't see Auburn getting a host spot. I think the record against RPI top 25 teams and the regular season conference record will be the reasons why. I think we should host, but I don't think we will get quite over the hump, although the resume is worthy.

This is my guess on the 16 teams: Florida, Stanford, Arkansas, Oregon St, UGA, Ole Miss, UNC, FSU, Clemson, Texas Tech, Stetson, Minnesota, UConn, Texas, ECU, and NC State. 

Wow. Only off by 1 with Coastal Carolina instead of UConn.

Seems to me that CBT's confidence in the placement committee was not well founded....and all that work and worry about RPI and SOS was wasted.   Or perhaps out inability to hit a good curve ball weighed against us.

BUT...should be fun and time for AU to learn how to win away from home.   We are mostly a home team winner in about all sports and need to ramp up our performance when we hit the road. 

12 hours ago, around4ever said:

We'll be in Tallahassee as usual. 

Wasn't an option. There was no way they were going to put us in a top 8 national seed region.

Archived