Softball vs. Jacksonville State

Two of the best pitchers in the country and could not figure out how to get them more than one or  two runs a game on a consistent basis.  CMD may end up doing OK but he lost a chance to really establish himself as a special coach this year.....instead, he looked pretty ordinary through most of the season with his decision making.

JMO but we need more than just hitting improvements...

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don’t be too surprised that we start seeing some girls left. I know that Justis and her family are not too happy. She questioned Coach Dean about the play when he had to steal home and she was called out and after she talked with him, she has been sitting on the bench ever since. Not sure if Martin will stay, she has definitely not been herself for the last month or so.  I was sad to see her sitting over there on the bench by herself. Hitting has definitely gone down the tubes. It is indeed sad for these girls, especially the seniors. We were so high  and going so far and then this year we are done. I wonder if Dean is not in over his head in the SEC. We have had season tickets for the last three years and wow, this is so different this year. He really never interacts with the fans at all and the banquet was definitely different. Oh well, girls—take a break and let all of this just be over and rest some. I hope that we can see this turn around. We had a program that brought great pride and joy to the auburn family. Here’s hoping

10 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Two of the best pitchers in the country and could not figure out how to get them more than one or  two runs a game on a consistent basis.  CMD may end up doing OK but he lost a chance to really establish himself as a special coach this year.....instead, he looked pretty ordinary through most of the season with his decision making.

JMO but we need more than just hitting improvements...

Spot on

21 minutes ago, swimmama said:

Don’t be too surprised that we start seeing some girls left. I know that Justis and her family are not too happy. She questioned Coach Dean about the play when he had to steal home and she was called out and after she talked with him, she has been sitting on the bench ever since. Not sure if Martin will stay, she has definitely not been herself for the last month or so.  I was sad to see her sitting over there on the bench by herself. Hitting has definitely gone down the tubes. It is indeed sad for these girls, especially the seniors. We were so high  and going so far and then this year we are done. I wonder if Dean is not in over his head in the SEC. We have had season tickets for the last three years and wow, this is so different this year. He really never interacts with the fans at all and the banquet was definitely different. Oh well, girls—take a break and let all of this just be over and rest some. I hope that we can see this turn around. We had a program that brought great pride and joy to the auburn family. Here’s hoping

There is definitely a disconnect at the top.   Coach Dean has no personality and doesn't interact with the girls or fans.  This is a big difference from the last four years and really longer than that.  It may be that he was just making the adjustment to SEC Softball and the quality of players at this level.  I hope he can keep the girls together and turn things around next year.  If not, we need to move on.  

2 minutes ago, around4ever said:

There is definitely a disconnect at the top.   Coach Dean has no personality and doesn't interact with the girls or fans.  This is a big difference from the last four years and really longer than that.  It may be that he was just making the adjustment to SEC Softball and the quality of players at this level.  I hope he can keep the girls together and turn things around next year.  If not, we need to move on.  

Hate to say it but he kind of reminds me of Barbee......lacking personality and apparently not connecting with players and fans.  He could definitely take some lessons from Bruce.  He's going to find few people in the program willing to go to bat for him. 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Hate to say it but he kind of reminds me of Barbee......lacking personality and apparently not connecting with players and fans.  He could definitely take some lessons from Bruce.  He's going to find few people in the program willing to go to bat for him. 

Apparently, that includes girls with bats in their hands. ?

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

Apparently, that includes girls with bats in their hands. ?

especially those...

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

That’s a wrap on Dean’s first season. Not up to AU softball standards if you ask me. Sure wish Clint’s boy had kept to himself...

I have a feeling this will be our fate unless some major changes happen. Make the tourney but do not host a regional and def not a super. Get bounced quietly in the first round.

1 hour ago, around4ever said:

Coach Dean better be looking for a hitting coach or he'll be looking for a job next year at this time. 

Honestly I would let him go now. I KNOW I KNOW absurd to let a coach go after making the tourney and winning 40 games BUT He will not have a more talented team than he did this year. I know it is not going to happen but still.  Our girls who are really talented did not play up to that level of talent. I would say they regressed.  Next year could get ugly without carlson and IF martin transfers. 

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

That’s a wrap on Dean’s first season. Not up to AU softball standards if you ask me. Sure wish Clint’s boy had kept to himself...

No doubt in my mind that with our pitching we would be on our way back to Okla. City again in Myer.... 

Meanwhile you ruined my evening with that post....:angry:

It doesn't matter how talented a team you have, if you don't have a person in charge who can push the right buttons at the right times more times than not it will be a matter of what if. JMO.

Archived