AU -Kentucky (SEC Tourney Game 1)

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Really odd decision by Butch. Does Gross make that call? 

Unsure.  I would imagine it's Butch's call, but don't know for certain. 

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I was wondering the same thing.

Mikey would give him fits.....best not mess with Mikey too much...

0-2 pitch.....his nemesis ....DD gives up way too many hits on that count....

Two playable balls....could be out of the inning now.....

What is up with Josh Anthony man. This guy was a dadgum gold glove guy last year and this year he’s at best knocking balls down. And now a ball gets away from Holland. 1st and 2nd with one out. 

When it goes wrong with us, it goes way wrong. 

Lead off batter on base again....every inning I think.....keeping the pressure on DD..

7 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Would Butch go to Tanner for an inning or two if he needs him? He’s had a good 5 day rest...

I don't think so.  Part of me thinks Butch is hedging his bets here.  We're a lock for the NCAA tourney.  If we win today, then go all-in with Tanner tomorrow and Casey Thursday.  If we lose, no biggie, we're still playing next weekend, but get to do so with a completely fresh rotation.

Need a run Tigers! 

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I don't think so.  Part of me thinks Butch is hedging his bets here.  We're a lock for the NCAA tourney.  If we win today, then go all-in with Tanner tomorrow and Casey Thursday.  If we lose, no biggie, we're still playing next weekend, but get to do so with a completely fresh rotation.

Locked in is what we were in softball...and then went on the road to Tallahassee.    

JMO but I would do everything I knew to have best chance of playing in Auburn next week......and I don't think we are there yet.....maybe no way to get there....but I'd rather not be in a position where we are looking back and wondering what might have been if we won a couple games here....

I don’t like the idea of skipping a competitive week pitching.  Our main starters need to throw 80 pitches this week should they’ll be ready next weekend

Just now, AU64 said:

Locked in is what we were in softball...and then went on the road to Tallahassee.    

JMO but I would do everything I knew to have best chance of playing in Auburn next week......and I don't think we are there yet.....maybe no way to get there....but I'd rather not be in a position where we are looking back and wondering what might have been if we won a couple games here....

I was having this discussion today with a friend over text.  If being a host meant we're the #16 seed and matched up with Florida's regional, is that necessarily a good thing?  The odds of us going to Gainesville and winning are slim.

Or would being put in a regional somewhere else where we have a better Super-Regional matchup possibility be better for the team?  I think it's kind of a catch-22 situation, because we were one pitch away last year from winning a road regional.  The team can absolutely do it.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I was having this discussion today with a friend over text.  If being a host meant we're the #16 seed and matched up with Florida's regional, is that necessarily a good thing?  The odds of us going to Gainesville and winning are slim.

Or would being put in a regional somewhere else where we have a better Super-Regional matchup possibility be better for the team?  I think it's kind of a catch-22 situation, because we were one pitch away last year from winning a road regional.  The team can absolutely do it.

We are 7-13 on the road this year.....those are not good odds in my view.     Prefer to get to the Super Regional first before I worry too much about who we play. JMO

OUT.......and clearly.....

Nice play....

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

We are 7-13 on the road this year.....those are not good odds in my view.     Prefer to get to the Super Regional first before I worry too much about who we play. JMO

We're 7-13, but I think it depends on matchups too.  It's all hypothetical right now, but one projection had us potentially playing at ECU's regional last week with some pretty beatable teams.  I would love our odds in that case, even being on the road.  7-13 on the road isn't too awful when you dive into the numbers, especially considering 15 of those road games came in SEC play, 9 of which were against likely national seeds (UF, Ark, Ole Miss).  8-of-9 road losses came against those three teams.

Side note:  I'm just happy to be having this debate after years of up and down play from AU.

Need another run or two in the bottom of this inning to make things comfortable....

Archived