AU -Kentucky (SEC Tourney Game 1)

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greetings from Hoover. TAMU trails Vandy 1-0 thru 2 innings. Had an hour rain delay but now the sun’s out and I expect to be a fried egg within the hour.

59FBBC95-15E2-4CFE-8842-9ADF8F5FEF5A.jpeg

Butch is going to be cutting it awfully close, hope Gurosky or Yella Fella have a helicopter picking him up to get to Olivia’s 7:00 graduation. Owen really needs to work fast and throw strikes :D

Someone told TAMU they might need a win or two here. Up 3-1 in the 7th. Sweat update: I’ve moved to shade and it’s still 164 degrees

4 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Butch is going to be cutting it awfully close, hope Gurosky or Yella Fella have a helicopter picking him up to get to Olivia’s 7:00 graduation. Owen really needs to work fast and throw strikes :D

Gosh what a dilemma....

28 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Someone told TAMU they might need a win or two here. Up 3-1 in the 7th. Sweat update: I’ve moved to shade and it’s still 164 degrees

Looks like you can have the seat of your choice.  Be a different story when the LSU and Miss State fans show up.....both of them make it look like a home game for their teams no matter where they play....

Be more people outside the Met during the AU game than inside.....last time I was there they cleared the park between sessions and folks there to see the games in the second session were not allowed in until the first game was over and the fans pretty much gone.  

Game in B'ham....hoping AU has a reasonable showing of support. ..otherwise SC is really going to have to turn up the volume on behalf of the Tigers...

Well so much for my prediction about he larger park helping Owens.....Kats. get a HR in the first to take the lead...

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Holland got spiked pretty good there at 2nd to end the frame.

High slide.....see they got him with protection on the leg......will see how that might affect his swing ....and coverage in the infield...

Just now, AU64 said:

High slide.....see they got him with protection on the leg......will see how that might affect his swing ....and coverage in the infield...

Well I'd say his swing is fine!

And Holland answers with a HR......dang......that was not even close....though might hit that high wall in AU...

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

Who's on the mound for KY ? Is it Hjelle?

Nope...UK's version of Owens it seems...  did not catch his name but he has very few starts apparently....

Daniel Harper

Hit the leadoff batter.......no better than walking the lead off guy.....just not a good way to start an inning...

I’d like to give Jack a nice 6 run lead early and let the frosh (and us) have some stress-free fun

7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Nope...UK's version of Owens it seems...  did not catch his name but he has very few starts apparently....

Daniel Harper

Thanks for the info.

OK....got 'em looking and left runner on base....

Letting lead off get on base each inning is not a good route to victory....so Coach Smith decides to discuss this with Owens...

Archived