2019 4* DE/Buck Colby Wooden commits to AU!!!!

ellitor

18 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

So, what's the feeling?

Same as it has been for a few months. The Good guys

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Same as it has been for a few months. The Good guys

Still committing before season starts (so soon)?

Edited by fredst

I hope we start landing some commitments now that we are well into August. I know the talk is that we will wind up in the top 10 and maybe a top 5 spot if the cards fall our way. We are doing exceptionally for our 2020 class and this is great. I just wish we could get things moving a bit faster and start nailing down those 4 star recruits and a 5 here and there for our 2019 class. Don't mind a quality 3 star player here and there!

Edited by doc4aday

38 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I hope we start landing some commitments now that we are well into August. I know the talk is that we will wind up in the top 10 and maybe a top 5 spot if the cards fall our way. We are doing exceptionally for our 2020 class and this is great. I just wish we could get things moving a bit faster and start nailing down those 4 star recruits and a 5 here and there for our 2019 class. Don't mind a quality 3 star player here and there!

Be on the lookout Thursday and Friday then! Wooden and Puckett

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

*Tomorrow

He can be excited about his announcement today, tomorrow, heck, I've been excited for weeks

• Haha 3

I’m not going to be around today to post on it but Wooden plans to commit around 1:30 PM on Twitter.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, bg5 said:

Does this move the needle with Booth if we get him?

Not sure, but there is a good chance we pick up Zion tomorrow. He is an excellent player. If we get Zion do we still go after Booth who is committed to Clemson?

2 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Not sure, but there is a good chance we pick up Zion tomorrow. He is an excellent player. If we get Zion do we still go after Booth who is committed to Clemson?

My guess is you always keep that door open but maybe we don't sweat it too much. Simpson, Puckett and Pritchett and/or Kelly would be as good a haul as I can remember. 

But if you were close on a 5* guy, I'd think you'd normally stay after it until the fax is sent. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

My guess is you always keep that door open but maybe we don't sweat it too much. Simpson, Puckett and Pritchett and/or Kelly would be as good a haul as I can remember. 

But if you were close on a 5* guy, I'd think you'd normally stay after it until the fax is sent. 

Im on board for this.

@McLoofus, I would piggyback on that sentiment and add Sheffield because I think Puckett, Kelly, and Booth are/were all guys that could play CB/Nickel/Safety depending on the need.

Oh and, c'mon down Colby Wooden! I'm on board with any DL prospect choosing between Rotney and Clemson. That's a big time prospect.

Edited by mcgufcm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1