2019 4* DE/Buck Colby Wooden commits to AU!!!!

ellitor

Boom ? booming ? 

Hard to see how he stays at 3*s with this offer list!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, toddc said:

Boom ? booming ? 

Exactly. When the rivals stars don't match the offer list, go with the offer list.  Great pickup!  The coaches have done a good job getting a few under the radar kids who have proven themselves later to be underrated.   I don't see this one in that category.  Rivals just isn't on top of it. When the 2 teams with the best defensive lines in the country both want you, you aren't a secret.

• Like 4

Looks to be another great addition to the class. Welcome to the family CW.:wareagle::wareagle::wareagle:

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Boom ? booming ? 

It would be surprising if he does not get a boost tomorrow in the rankings. 

This is an awesome pickup! Welcome to the family!

Man, if you haven’t watched his tape you’re missing some great hustle! I love how he never seems to give up on a play, and time after time he comes back into the play to get in on a tackle.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

Exactly. When the rivals stars don't match the offer list, go with the offer list.  Great pickup!  The coaches have done a good job getting a few under the radar kids who have proven themselves later to be underrated.   I don't see this one in that category.  Rivals just isn't on top of it. When the 2 teams with the best defensive lines in the country both want you, you aren't a secret.

They could bump him up just because the two most prominent defensive lines in college football recently in Auburn and Clemson offered and wanted him the most but that doesn’t seem like the best way to do it in my opinion. Whether their evaluation is off or not they evaluated him based on his junior film. As far as I know he hasn’t done any camp work at all. That’s where most of the prospects the last few months have gotten their bumps and drops. There’s no reason for Rivals or any site to change the rating on Colby until they have new film to study.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

My guess is you always keep that door open but maybe we don't sweat it too much. Simpson, Puckett and Pritchett and/or Kelly would be as good a haul as I can remember. 

But if you were close on a 5* guy, I'd think you'd normally stay after it until the fax is sent. 

I don’t know about five star but barring injury I can definitely see Zion ending up a top 50 player in the class....Especially if he gets offered to be in an All-Star game at the end of the year as it’s been rumored, watch out!

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, bg5 said:

Does this move the needle with Booth if we get him?

No. Recruits and or commits rarely do.

Looks like a great pickup to me. Uses leverage really well on run plays to shed blocks and keeps the pads low to drive the rb back. War eagle Colby!

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

They could bump him up just because the two most prominent defensive lines in college football recently in Auburn and Clemson offered and wanted him the most but that doesn’t seem like the best way to do it in my opinion. Whether their evaluation is off or not they evaluated him based on his junior film. As far as I know he hasn’t done any camp work at all. That’s where most of the prospects the last few months have gotten their bumps and drops. There’s no reason for Rivals or any site to change the rating on Colby until they have new film to study.

I’m completely making assumptions here E but could it be the size that he lacks is limiting him in the rankings?

It would be fair to call him a “tweener” of sorts with his weight. Auburn does extremely well with those kids and he’ll undoubtedly put on 10-20 pounds with just a few months of college weights and nutrition.

Also probably doesn’t help that he’s in a very deep Georgia class of athletes.

Then again my track record leads me to believe I could be completely off base and nothing I said sways it one way or the other. ??‍♂️

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I’m completely making assumptions here E but could it be the size that he lacks is limiting him in the rankings?

Given his frame highly unlikely

10 hours ago, Zeek said:

It would be fair to call him a “tweener” of sorts with his weight. Auburn does extremely well with those kids and he’ll undoubtedly put on 10-20 pounds with just a few months of college weights and nutrition.

Also probably doesn’t help that he’s in a very deep Georgia class of athletes.

Then again my track record leads me to believe I could be completely off base and nothing I said sways it one way or the other. ??‍♂️

I like your style, Zeek. War Damn. 

I happen to think his frame is one of our staff's favorite things about him. Justin Thornton (6'5 225), that other tall guy that came in with him, Big Kat (6'4 226)... Coach G LOVES these guys. Length, speed, motor... he fits right into that mold IMO. And Big Kat is finally making that affinity/strategy pay off. 

• Like 1

The star doesn’t define the player. I wish people would understand that. Excited to see an individual all in for Auburn.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Zeek said:

. Auburn does extremely well with those kids and he’ll undoubtedly putting on 10-20 pounds with just a few months of college weights and nutrition.

I agree with this.

After a Freshman semester of 12 ounce curls and this nutritional beverage, I easily put on 15 pounds.miller-lite-can-500x500.jpg

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, fredst said:

I love this guys film and think that he’s underrated. Or, for @augolf1716, I dig this cat!

*snaps with thumb and middle finger of one hand while holding a cigarette between thumb and middle finger in a palm-up other hand*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

I agree with this.

After a Freshman semester of 12 ounce curls and this nutritional beverage, I easily put on 15 pounds.miller-lite-can-500x500.jpg

Let’s hope that’s not the meal plan for the Mr. Wooden, lol. Although, it put 40lbs on a buddy of mine, with many late night pizzas of course