Dr. Pepper pulls Culpepper campaign

aubiefifty

College Football Trash Talk Nation

Page Liked · 15 hrs ·

Jim Connor, who spent the past several years playing college football fanatic Larry Culpepper in Dr. Pepper commercials, has told me that the company will not feature Culpepper in commercials going forward.

Poorin' out an "Ice Cold Dr. Pepper Here" for him. #CFTTN

Just now, im4aual said:

Too bad.  The one entertaining commercial on college football is gone.

when he first started i was ho hum but i grew to enjoy his commercials. i will miss him.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

when he first started i was ho hum but i grew to enjoy his commercials. i will miss him.

Same here..........same ol same but still I chuckled.

Must be an ad agency change for DP.....also seemed to have dumped "little sweet" from the television ads......though maybe "little sweet" and Larry had the same agent who thought they could not be replaced...   JMO but expect him/ or them back in a couple years.....too good to toss them out forever. 

31 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Must be an ad agency change for DP.....also seemed to have dumped "little sweet" from the television ads......though maybe "little sweet" and Larry had the same agent who thought they could not be replaced...   JMO but expect him/ or them back in a couple years.....too good to toss them out forever. 

I can't imagine "Larry" will be back. The guy actually has a pretty decent acting career outside of commercials. He'll move on to something else.

The only thing worse than the actual drink Dr. Pepper was those hideous/stupid commercials.  I for one am glad they are finally gone.

2 hours ago, WarTiger said:

The only thing worse than the actual drink Dr. Pepper was those hideous/stupid commercials.  I for one am glad they are finally gone.

Each to his own Dr. Pepper was great at 3:00 am studying for finals cause I did not take LA turnaround and no I do not drink DP anymore but I loved it in college.

Let's just hope that if we have to sit through Dr. Pepper ads going forward that they can come up with something better than Little Sweet.  

On 6/7/2018 at 12:59 PM, around4ever said:

Let's just hope that if we have to sit through Dr. Pepper ads going forward that they can come up with something better than Little Sweet.  

Little Sweet is hilarious......if you're a woman. Most guys wouldn't get the humor in those commercials  They were definitely aimed at a female market.

Both of those adds got in my last nerve. 

Archived