2019 3* SDE/DT Jamond Gordon decommits from AU

WFE12

13 hours ago, fredst said:

Adding on to the above.... I need some credit from at least @GwillMac6 and @McLoofus for adding a new and important word to the lexicon. To “gif”, much like to “Google”, will soon be part of normal conversation. So, to all gifers out there:

235C87E0-D7B5-4091-B8F5-7E7CBBB01576.gif

P.S. @Mikey ain’t gonna be happy about this.....

It's good that you mentioned me in this post, otherwise I wouldn't have seen it. Normally I just just scroll past those with a gif in them. I used to look at some of them, but that was before giffing became such a popular sport here. At this point there are too many to bother with.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Mikey said:

It's good that you mentioned me in this post, otherwise I wouldn't have seen it. Normally I just just scroll past those with a gif in them. I used to look at some of them, but that was before giffing became such a popular sport here. At this point there are too many to bother with.

E705A262-72A1-4394-8EDF-8EE592A0BF88.gif

q23y4.jpg

Gordon will be like this when he comes:

AUvS.gif

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

He is just ringing the bell for the pending commitment 

pretty much.

10 minutes ago, corchjay said:

He is just ringing the bell for the pending commitment 

Trying to do it in a way so that E doesn’t scold me for relaying VIP info.

48 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Trying to do it in a way so that E doesn’t scold me for relaying VIP info.

It’s not VIP info. Lol. Keith has a number of free posts that are very telling.

Besides, I wouldn’t scold you if it was VIP. I’d just delete the post.

• ellitor changed the title to 2019 3* DT Jamond Gordon Commits to AU!!!

BREAKING: Auburn lands first Mississippi commitment of 2019 class

Benjamin Wolk

Auburn’s recruiting efforts in Mississippi found the first tangible dividend.

Meridian (Miss.) defensive end Jamond Gordon committed to Auburn on Saturday. Gordon de-committed from Ole Miss on May 22, and Auburn immediately became the top contender. The 6-foot-4, 275-pound defensive end visited Auburn for Big Cat Weekend and returned this weekend to meet with coaches.

He tweeted a video announcing his decision Saturday afternoon.

Gordon ranks as the nation’s No. 515 overall prospect. He’s a prospect defensive line coach Rodney Garner has evaluated closely this spring. Gordon also held offers from Ole Miss, Arkansas, Mississippi State and Tennessee. He plays defensive end for his high school, but Gordon said he’s open to playing end or tackle at the next level — “whatever scheme fit they think is best for me,” Gordon said after Big Cat Weekend.

Gordon’s Big Cat Weekend visit helped seal the deal with Gordon. He said “building chemistry” and “getting to know the players” were the main things that stood out to him after that family-oriented visit.

Gordon hasn’t taken any official visits yet, but he plans to take one to Auburn in the fall.

Gordon’s commitment gives Auburn its 10th commitment in the 2019 class. His decision brings the Tigers up two spots to No. 19 in the team rankings.

Defensive end Jamond Gordon commits to Auburn

By Keith Niebuhr

AUBURN — A month ago, Jamond Gordon, then committed to Ole Miss, had this to say about the status of his verbal: “Auburn is second so if I ever decide to de-commit, decide to open it back up, they would have a good shot."

On May 22, Gordon, a 3-star defensive end from Meridian (Miss.), backed off that Ole Miss pledge.

Saturday, he committed to Auburn.

“I like everything there,” Gordon told Auburn Undercover. “It’s just different from other schools.”

For Auburn, Gordon becomes commitment No. 10 for the 2019 class. He’s the No. 18 recruit in the state of Mississippi for the industry generated 247Sports Composite. Gordon had 18.5 sacks as a junior.

He is the first 2019 defensive line commit for Auburn. The Tigers would like to take four or five total in the class. With Gordon's commitment, Auburn moved up to No. 19 in the recruiting team rankings.

Secondary coach Marcus Woodson is Gordon’s area recruiter. Defensive line coach Rodney Garner and defensive coordinator Kevin Steele also were active in this recruitment.

Of Garner, Gordon noted, "I know he’s going to develop me into a better player and make me a better person,” Gordon said.

Gordon, a priority recruit for the Tigers, has visited Auburn three times this year. He was on campus Friday.

Gordon came to Auburn to watch a teammate camp with the Tigers. But once he got on campus, several Auburn coaches spent time with him. Gordon also was spotted hanging around Auburn defensive tackle Derrick Brown. Brown has taken an active role in Gordon’s recruitment.

It was during the Friday visit Gordon decided to be a Tiger.

Before Friday, Gordon most recently visited Auburn earlier in the month for Big Cat Weekend. He was on campus multiple days.

Auburn is recruiting the state of Mississippi particularly hard in the 2019 cycle. Gordon is the first 2019 commit from the state for Auburn — but the Tigers hope he is not the last. They also are in the running with players such as defensive ends Jaren Handy and Charles Moore — and buck linebacker Derick Hall — all 4-star recruits. Five-star linebacker Nakobe Dean of Horn Lake (Miss.) will officially visit Auburn next weekend.

Here’s a look at where things stand for the Tigers with the 2019 class …

-Quarterback: With 4-star recruit Bo Nix of Pinson Valley (Ala.) on board, the Tigers probably are done at this position.

-Running back: Auburn has none committed and could take one or two. Noah Cain of Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy is believed to be the top target.

-Tight end: With two on board, the Tigers are done.

-Receiver: With George Pickens and Ja'Varrius Johnson on board, Auburn still could add one or two more receivers to the class.

-Offensive line: Center Jakai Clark of Grayson (Ga.) is committed, leaving three or four spots to fill.

-Defensive line: Gordon is the lone commit. The Tigers could add three or four more. Defensive end Colby Wooden of Lawrenceville (Ga.) Archer could be the closest to joining the class.

-Linebacker: With 5-star Owen Pappoe in the class, the Tigers would like to add two more backers.

-Cornerback: Auburn has two committed and could add up to two more.

-Safety: The Tigers don’t have any commits, but 4-star recruit Jashawn Sheffield of Simons Island (Ga.) Frederica Academy could be close to joining the class.

War Eagle!

The 3* players are snatching their spots while they can! Really like this kid though and he should continue to climb. Room to grow!

Welcome to the family! Auburn coaches takin over Mississippi like:

ygNgRE.gif

7 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Welcome to the family! Auburn coaches takin over Mississippi like:

ygNgRE.gif

Maybe this will help get the ball rolling for other Mississippi guys ?

Archived