Reverse Captioning

AUld fAUx@

19 SEC players pick hardest place to play, 1 who had to dodge hot dog…

‘Isaiah Wynn, Georgia

Pick: Auburn

Why: "Their fans. They get involved in the game." ‘

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2018/05/19_sec_players_pick_hardest_pl.html

Well-deserved recognition, to my mind.

In a reversal of our frequent “Caption this photo” threads, I was wondering if our image-searchers, gif-gurus, or in-the-stand photographers, could come up with graphics to the caption “Their fans. They get involved in the game.”

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

1116_autenn1990p.jpg

Many, many thanks. Wide left?

Lacking an artistic bone in my body, all I could offer was the '86 "We hose the best and beat the rest" shirt, but I knew this crowd could do better.

4 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Lacking an artistic bone in my body, all I could offer was the '86 "We hose the best and beat the rest" shirt, but I knew this crowd could do better.

Afraid I don't remember the game itself well enough to know if you made a connected reference, but that is from the game where Otis Mounds was paged to come down from the stands and dress out.

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Afraid I don't remember the game itself well enough to know if you made a connected reference, but that is from the game where Otis Mounds was paged to come down from the stands and dress out.

Sorry. Even Better.

Thought that was TN across the line. I know what they say about ties, but if I had a sister...

ETA - My memories are fuzzy as well.

52 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

best i can remember the announcers made a big deal of it. and i believe they brought up him busted for selling pot as well. coach dye caught some flack with otis being on the team .

Involved during the game leads to fully involved after the game...

ap-33009703754.jpg

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

Involved during the game leads to fully involved after the game...

ap-33009703754.jpg

This is something I wish they would quit doing.  Act like you have been there before and are going to be there again.  I get that they are all excited but we should expect to win games not be over come with joy when we do win.

3 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

This is something I wish they would quit doing.  Act like you have been there before and are going to be there again.  I get that they are all excited but we should expect to win games not be over come with joy when we do win.

Totally made sense in 2013. Hated it last year. But I wasn't there so I shouldn't say anything.

3 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Lectron?

Should'a known.

Too color-blind and forgetful to open and manage a thread (even as brilliantly conceived for off-season as it is) like this.

3 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

I would say beating Bama this decade deserves a rush. It's only been done 14 times in the last 10 years and we had 3 of the wins.

16 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I would say beating Bama this decade deserves a rush. It's only been done 14 times in the last 10 years and we had 3 of the wins.

3 out of 10 is sobering to think about. Especially when a couple more were winnable. Batting .300 in baseball is good. Bowling a 300 is excellent. .300 in football, not so much. Here's to brighter days ahead. 

4 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

Come on I get what your saying, of course bummer fans will say beer bryant coined that phrase........how many times have our fans stormed the field in the last 30 years?

6 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

Eh, most of the time these kind of field rush events are started by the students (those bushes definitely took some skin off me after the Kick 6) and then just kind of devolve to include everyone.  Every group of students (especially at big schools) wants an athletic experience they can remember and look back on fondly and have some crazy "Duuuuude, remember that time we rushed the field after..." stories. And "act like you've been there before" isn't on the mind of a lot of intoxicated 18-22 year olds after something like that lol. I wasn't in the student section for this Iron Bowl, so my personal opinion is it was HIGHLY unnecessary and much more lame than our group's rushing after the Kick 6, but admittedly I'm biased and a bit bitter. ?

The last time we beat Bama by more than 10 points in football was what, 1969?  Almost 50 years probably deserves a field rush. But, I get what you all are saying.

16 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Add to that beating the #1 team in the country twice in 3 weeks, both of whom happened to be your biggest rivals, doing it handily, AND winning the SEC West while you did it. I can't hate on the field rush for that.

Archived