Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

• AUDub pinned this topic

Thank you for the invite dub?.............First beer ever tasted was Falstaff 1977........still in tin can...........first Corona was in Texas City....couldnt find one in Mobile.....or even all of Alabama if memory serves........still prefer Sol to Corona hands down.........when I was 17 several of us would bring gallon jugs to MS State line and have them filled with Miller draft, nasty yet tasty ?.......drinking age in MS was 18 at the time an never carded......no 7-11s carded back then come to think of it.

. With that being said I am here to learn about different types and their flavors from you guys......Havent really been out or kept up since we had the Port City Brewery.........Haven't drink 12 beers in 20 years.........no reason, no incarciration, just havent?

I do miss our club tournaments from 80's mid 90's.....you know the ones with a 50 gallon barrel of iced down beer at every hole?......ahhh but my back hasent allowed me to play golf since 2005?

I'll shut it now and anxiously await stories and photos?

Edited by kevon67
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Summer of Ghost part 2 starts June 14.

And Great Raft is releasing what looks to be a very interesting beer...a wheat IPA.

62F40CAF-2A0C-44F1-ABBC-610A48DB348E.jpeg

99B116B9-BA37-4CF0-BF6C-C24E2B86B78B.jpeg

I've had a couple great wheat IPAs, although I can't remember what they were called or who made them. It's a very sensible blend, IMO, especially with the modern citrusy hops.

Beautiful can!

Hi. I'm AUld fAUx@, and I'm an alcohol [hic], um, habituee.

Edited by AUld fAUx@
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Belgian Wit canned today at Flying Tiger. Defreakinglicious. And I love the artwork. They have come a loooooong way in the last year. I picked up a fresh sixer of their IPA last weekend. It is pushing Envie hard....at mean really, really hard.

6A438509-A2E6-4564-B823-2994E343698E.png

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Like 2

On 5/23/2018 at 10:50 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

Summer of Ghost part 2 starts June 14.

And Great Raft is releasing what looks to be a very interesting beer...a wheat IPA.

62F40CAF-2A0C-44F1-ABBC-610A48DB348E.jpeg

99B116B9-BA37-4CF0-BF6C-C24E2B86B78B.jpeg

Expecting GITM to get here in June. Gonna snap up the whole supply in a hurry lol.

• Love 1

Found this at my local store on a taster.  Out of Marble Falls, TX (near Austin).  Light and crisp summer ale.

0526181523.jpg

• Like 2

Draft system is down at the local sports bar. No local IPA for me. The only bottle/can that even sounded appealing was SN Torpedo. Haven’t had one of these in years...it’s good, but underwhelming. 

5 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Draft system is down at the local sports bar. No local IPA for me. The only bottle/can that even sounded appealing was SN Torpedo. Haven’t had one of these in years...it’s good, but underwhelming. 

Local sports bar is cruisin' for a bruisin'. 

15 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Very interesting to read someone with whom I share a lot of opinions and politics be complimentary of A-B. 

IIRC, A-B had a stated goal of putting smaller craft brewers out of business (in the pursuit of market dominance) a few years ago. I wonder if that has changed. 

7 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

To be fair to them, their draft list isn’t too bad. Definitely seen worse.

zK0T6Po.jpg

Oh thank goodness.

Worst place I've been selection wise has to be Buffalo Wild Wings. They were bad. Only craft on the menu was Omission's lager.

20 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Worst place I've been selection wise has to be Buffalo Wild Wings. They were bad. Only craft on the menu was Omission's lager.

At least they respect a good pun?

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, AUDub said:

You mean to tell me Blue Moon and Shocktop aren’t craft?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2