Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

A new pizza joint opened in town. While not big news in most places, this is our first kick ass pizza place. Went today for the first time. Besides great pizza, they have a fantastic draft selection. Here’s the pizza I had...

48944916-1718-4C2F-B66D-2F4EA7185213.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

A new pizza joint opened in town. While not big news in most places, this is our first kick ass pizza place. Went today for the first time. Besides great pizza, they have a fantastic draft selection. Here’s the pizza I had...

48944916-1718-4C2F-B66D-2F4EA7185213.png

A good pizza place with good beer is such a blessing. It's news anywhere IMO. For example, most of the best pizza places in ATL don't have good beer selections. But I'm also just as passionate about pizza as I am about suds so when I find both under one roof- especially if I can get that unpretentious local vibe- I do cartwheels. Chill, contented cartwheels.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Also, that duck pie looks dope AF.

It could probably be renamed that. Dope AF pie. Or Duck AF pie. 

Pizza is kinda like beer for me. I didn’t know until I had really GOOD pizza just what I had been missing.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I’ve opted to go to Flying Saucer after work to do a BCBS flight of 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18 instead of staying home watching the IB. I’ll watch on my phone if I get the inclination. 

We are being flooded with BCBS this year. My local bottle shop has the base plus 3-4 variants.

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

We got 2 cases of base. The city as a whole got 60. No variants. 

That’s crazy! I say we are being flooded. I’ve seen a buttload of posts about it on social media. I have to work today and tomorrow. I hope they still have some left when I get to them Monday. 

Just now, Tiger Refuge said:

That’s crazy! I say we are being flooded. I’ve seen a buttload of posts about it on social media. I have to work today and tomorrow. I hope they still have some left when I get to them Monday. 

Our distribution leaves a lot to be desired. 

Missed the flight of BCBS. Still got to try ‘18. Not bad at all, didn’t blow my hair back. Ordered a couple SoPro Paradise Lost to drink in between sips of BCBS.

Drinking Stone FML now because...well it’s appropriate to the outcome of the game. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

Maine Beer Company. Really good beer. That Pale Ale is special. (apologies you'll have to use zoom)

IMG_000Maine2.jpg

Edited by AUFAN78
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

My goodness, what a delicious beer. Citrus. Pineapple. Lactose. Great mouthfeel. Thanks to @McLoofus!

C0657F89-92A3-4CAC-A33F-07498E68605F.jpeg

I think that was my favorite of the ones I sent you.

I owe some updates from what you sent me. Ghost and Reve favorites so far but all good and more comprehensive tasting notes to come...

• Love 1

On 12/3/2018 at 4:17 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

Nice post race free beer selection!

7F1CC97A-7D52-43DA-9D99-CAD7FBB20F42.jpeg

Just got those in yesterday. Haven’t tried it yet, but it was pretty decent last year. 

They release Tarahumara every year for the St Jude run that you participated in. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Just got those in yesterday. Haven’t tried it yet, but it was pretty decent last year. 

They release Tarahumara every year for the St Jude run that you participated in. 

Wish I woulda had a glass. Still nice outta the can.

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I’m sure anything beer related would’ve been nice at about that time. 

Hell to the yes! 

I found a “new” beer store here. Their prices are more in line with the market. Like, 120 Minute for 39.00.