Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

Trim Tab's Imperial Paradise Now is just freaking delicious. Tart with a nice tang on the finish, the raspberry really shines.

8% in a "Berliner Weiss," better watch my step lol. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 1

Went to my wife’s family’s Christmas today about 30 minutes west of Nashville. After the quick visit, ran to Southern Grist to get a little stock up for Christmas. Couple IPAs and a blueberry cobbler sour. 

YZjcINw.jpg

• Like 2

Attacus Atlas triple IPA. Juicy af. It’s not as malty as I thought it would be, but it is really good. Wish I had a GITM to do a SxS. ABV? No clue, but my ears are warm. Corn and shrimp chowder in the pot for Christmas Day. Cheers yo.

92A34E74-DA29-4025-BE01-E380CC286B2A.jpeg

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

My gawd that looks delicious.

I wish I lived closer to Nashville so I could get their stuff on the reg. Although I’d never have any money—~$17 a 4 pk is pretty woof. I’ve got a Nashville trip in March planned, if you want to try to set something up. 

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I wish I lived closer to Nashville so I could get their stuff on the reg. Although I’d never have any money—~$17 a 4 pk is pretty woof. I’ve got a Nashville trip in March planned, if you want to try to set something up. 

I’m down. Fresh Bloom from Parish usually hits the shelf around March. I can stash a few others until then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

What kind of lineup has everybody got planned for Christmas Day?

I’m gonna hit a BCBS vanilla to start. Then, have a couple Great Raft Old Mad Joy BBA to back that up. Oh, and bourbon.

3 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

How about you? What does your drink menu consist of this Holiday stretch?

I haven’t gotten into my beer closet yet, but I’m sure it’ll be big stouts and some of that Southern Grist. Maybe some bourbon. Got a nice Syrah to go with our prime rib. I may be feeling it pretty hard on Wednesday. 

• Like 1

On the road and did not travel with beer. Brother-in-law coming in clutch tomorrow. Not sure what he's going to have but he is a collector. Headed to the liquor store now to pick up brown water. My in-laws offered me Jim beam and Jack Daniels. I hated to go snob on them but let's be real here.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

On the road and did not travel with beer. Brother-in-law coming in clutch tomorrow. Not sure what he's going to have but he is a collector. Headed to the liquor store now to pick up brown water. My in-laws offered me Jim beam and Jack Daniels. I hated to go snob on them but let's be real here.

It’s Christmas, you can drink Jack and Jim 364 other days of the year. Or never is my preference(unless Jack and Coke that I smuggled into a concert). 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

It’s Christmas, you can drink Jack and Jim 364 other days of the year. Or never is my preference(unless Jack and Coke that I smuggled into a concert). 

Exactly.

And I'm really not Mr. Fancy Pants. Ended up with a bottle of 1792 Small Batch. Don't even know if there's a 1792 medium or large batch. But I like this.

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Exactly.

And I'm really not Mr. Fancy Pants. Ended up with a bottle of 1792 Small Batch. Don't even know if there's a 1792 medium or large batch. But I like this.

Small Batch is their base bourbon if I’m not mistaken. After that is Full Proof, Bottled in Bond, and some others. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Small Batch is their base bourbon if I’m not mistaken. After that is Full Proof, Bottled in Bond, and some others. 

I wanna try that BiB. 

Merry Christmas Eve, fam!

• Like 2

Merry Christmas, everybody! 

Santa went sour heavy this year.

qZg0Q14.jpg

I am really curious about that Mantra Brewing Genevieve with the wax seal. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Merry Christmas, everybody! 

Santa went sour heavy this year.

qZg0Q14.jpg

I am really curious about that Mantra Brewing Genevieve with the wax seal. 

Picked up a St. B's Abt 12 last night, too. I like the Rochefort 10 (which I see you also have) better but we'll survive. 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 2

• Members Online