Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

41 minutes ago, Grumps said:

You guys never disappoint! Thanks!

I have learned so much form you guys. I would never have understood the difference between a "good beer" and a "beer that I like" if it were not for you all.

A while back I did a taster test between Parish's GITM vs. Bloom. They were very similar to my palate at least. I thought the Bloom had a slightly fuller mouth feel (is that the NEIPA style) but was a little sharper at the finish than GITM. I actually like the GITM better, which is great since I can get it all year long.

I COMPLETELY agree about Pure Tropic! It is definitely a good beer that tastes good!

Keep up the great work guys! You are educating more people than you realize and spreading hoppy joy!

Grumps, it sounds like you're fully capable of doing some edumacatin' yourself. Love the tasting notes! Keep them coming, cheers, and War Damn Eagle. 

@Grumps I’ll agree with @McLoofus here...sounds like you got this while beer thing down pat.

Word on the street is that Parish is discontinuing the whole lot of their seasonals...Nova, Bloom, Pure Tropics, Atticus, etc. Now, is this just internet banter? We will see. Nothing official from Parish yet. That said, it wouldn’t surprise me at all.

32 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Interesting, @Tiger Refuge. You know any reason why they might do that?

The owner of Parish is a creative dude, from what I hear. It could be as simple as he is bored with those and wants to move on to other styles. They just released a new Pilsner that is getting great reviews. I’m going to attempt to pick some up today.

Blueberry Upside Down Cake IPA

E7kseyU.jpg

Simple Floss triple NEIPA and a braggot(beer/mead hybrid) in collab with Garagiste meadery—360 pounds of honey, peanut butter, and cacao nibs. Best peanut butter “beer” I’ve ever had. 

RxeWyAC.jpg

• Love 1

Met some old head at the brewery and got to talking music(we’re here for Trey solo acoustic at the Ryman), and he gave me a 256g flash drive of Dead bootlegs. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Love 1

Saw Jason Isbell at Ryman last week: great venue, great artist, great show. Had a couple of  pours of Makers Cask strength pregame- I know this is the beer thread but that’s a damn fine affordable/available whiskey

On 10/30/2019 at 5:23 PM, fredst said:

Saw Jason Isbell at Ryman last week: great venue, great artist, great show. Had a couple of  pours of Makers Cask strength pregame- I know this is the beer thread but that’s a damn fine affordable/available whiskey

I was drinking vodka/soda at the Ryman. Beer at concerts makes me pee like a racehorse, and the Ryman isn’t very conducive to getting up and down throughout a solo acoustic sit-down type of show. Trey solo was fantastic. 

• Like 1

In other words, “we ****** up, so instead of dumping the batch, here’s a guaranteed gusher don’t say we didn’t warn you”.  🙄

I don’t even want to bring it in because people will buy it and lose half the bottle when they pop it and come back saying something’s wrong with it. 

rrLPVeM.jpg

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Sad 1

On 11/1/2019 at 8:38 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Solid list. Been to several of them as well. 

jht9WCg.jpg

Been to 7 of them. Used to go to 2 of them very, very frequently. Work to do, work to do. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2019 at 6:50 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

By far and away, Thanksgiving is my favorite food day of the year. Anybody got a special line-up?

We did some cool stuff but I don't remember the specifics, lol. Nothing amazing, honestly, but don't tell my bro in law who brought all the beer. Including a $50 750 of some Belgian imperial stout that would have blown me away 15 years ago, maybe. Part of it was probably just being amidst typical Thanksgiving insanity at the in-laws' house. I don't relax at all in those situations. Hard to just chill and really get into a beer. Found myself enjoying the basic beers at the local brewery more the next day while sitting outside, kid and parent-in-law free. 

That Lagy Willetized is DOPE.

• Love 1