Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

10 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

...and I’m over here like “Dude, it’s Wednesday.” And my brain is like “DUDE! IT’S MOTHER F!CKING WEDNESDAY”

So I’m like...”Okay...beer.”

I've been drinking way more beer. It just somehow makes sense. I think the main thing is getting home from work. After a normal work day + the constant state of heightened awareness/tension, I need a damn beer. Plus I'm immediately heading to the shower every day after changing clothes in the garage, and the garage fridge is where the beer is, and duh shower beer, soooo....

And then I just keep having beers. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good. Lord. An Imperial IPA at 18%. Dark fruit. Nose is heavy sweet. Taste is like a Bigfoot Barleywine minus any bitter.

Kinda like being punched in the face with a rolled up sleeping bag. Numb. But delicious.

1F999095-3765-4F5C-99C7-CB552B163B51.jpeg

Edited by Tiger Refuge

On 5/8/2020 at 9:48 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

Good. Lord. An Imperial IPA at 18%. Dark fruit. Nose is heavy sweet. Taste is like a Bigfoot Barleywine minus any bitter.

Kinda like being punched in the face with a rolled up sleeping bag. Numb. But delicious.

18% yeesh. That’ll wake you up and make you take a nap. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

18% yeesh. That’ll wake you up and make you take a nap. 

I have been hoping to get this beer for a couple of years now. It’s pretty dang good. Hides that ABV really well.

On 5/8/2020 at 10:48 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

Holy hell. 

Sorry, maybe I should be whispering, if you drank that whole thing.

Big shout out to the "punched in the face with a rolled up sleeping bag" analogy. That makes perfect sense to me.

Not sure who to thank but whoever posted the pic and got me hooked on Ghost In The Machine....I owe you. Damn, I love that beer....

• Love 1

5 hours ago, fredst said:

Not sure who to thank but whoever posted the pic and got me hooked on Ghost In The Machine....I owe you. Damn, I love that beer....

It is amazing just how good it is.Last night I had it beside another DIPA that I really like, and it freaking smoked it. Like not even on the same ballpark.

• Love 1

On 5/16/2020 at 10:04 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

Got dangit this is a great beer. Crisp. Citrusy. Citrus zesty.

B2396B07-0158-415C-8D49-4E7BC1DE0854.jpeg

1. I want more IPLs. Hoppy ass, crisp ass, dry ass beers are where I want to live.

2. That Great Raft makes this has me staring at this photo with a deep longing, not unlike a castaway watching a... well, a raft... float by. 

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

1. I want more IPLs. Hoppy ass, crisp ass, dry ass beers are where I want to live.

2. That Great Raft makes this has me staring at this photo with a deep longing, not unlike a castaway watching a... well, a raft... float by. 

Dude...I frequently forget just how good this beer is. It is super crisp and clean. A hellova nice beer. All the ass you referenced. 

And the raft thing....you damn right. 

• Haha 1

Trim Tab been churning out a s*** ton of haze lately. They're starting to get hard to differentiate, and the goal seems to be more quantity than any sort of unique offerings. Their can design is nice though so I keep falling for the trap. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Trim Tab been churning out a s*** ton of haze lately. They're starting to get hard to differentiate, and the goal seems to be more quantity than any sort of unique offerings. Their can design is nice though so I keep falling for the trap. 

Sounds like Bearded Iris. It was hard to differentiate between a lot of their brews. Then they dialed in some recipes and I can tell what is what. 

I wish we had a local juice house pumping out things that BIBCO and SGrist do. But we’re simply not there yet. 

On 5/23/2020 at 8:31 PM, AUDub said:

Trim Tab been churning out a s*** ton of haze lately. They're starting to get hard to differentiate, and the goal seems to be more quantity than any sort of unique offerings. 

On 5/23/2020 at 9:14 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Sounds like Bearded Iris. It was hard to differentiate between a lot of their brews.

I could probably name a few more that strike me that way. And it has a lot to do with my thoughts on that style of beer. 

It's additionally frustrating that many of these breweries only offer 3 variants of their gose/Berliner weisse as alternatives to the haze.

31 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Know Currahee has come up here in the past. They stepped in it a bit with their branding. 

https://www.smokymountainnews.com/news/item/29206-beer-branded-with-white-nationalist-lingo-imagery-draws-outrage

Huh. I had no idea that the word boogaloo had been co-opted in that way. Nor the Hawaiian shirt. But for them to use both in support of a hard pro-2A stance and to mock anti-gun efforts makes mere coincidence seem a little less likely. 

FTR, I don't object to a business taking a public pro-2A stance. Just hard to imagine them coming up with a collage of esoteric alt right brandon accident. 

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Huh. I had no idea that the word boogaloo had been co-opted in that way. Nor the Hawaiian shirt. But for them to use both in support of a hard pro-2A stance and to mock anti-gun efforts makes mere coincidence seem a little less likely. 

FTR, I don't object to a business taking a public pro-2A stance. Just hard to imagine them coming up with a collage of esoteric alt right brandon accident. 

Used to just be a harmless little *chan meme making jokes about s***ty things that resembled other things that didn't need to exist, in the vein of Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo. For instance, Facebook (MySpace 2: Electric Boogaloo) or Twilight (Harry Potter 2: Electric Boogaloo).

Somewhere along the line Civil War 2: Electric Boogaloo got popular in alt-right circles and eventually just became Boogaloo. Which I guess shouldn't be too surprising,  given the overlap with the *chans. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Used to just be a harmless little *chan meme making jokes about s***ty things that resembled other things that didn't need to exist, in the vein of Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo. For instance, Facebook (MySpace 2: Electric Boogaloo) or Twilight (Harry Potter 2: Electric Boogaloo).

Somewhere along the line Civil War 2: Electric Boogaloo got popular in alt-right circles and eventually just became Boogaloo. Which I guess shouldn't be too surprising,  given the overlap with the *chans. 

Aw, man. That's too bad. I actually like the first meme you described.