Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

Good "west coast" IPA with a somewhat new school hop profile. Local brewpub in Savannah with killer food. Taco trio incoming. Fridays are for patios.

PXL_20211001_171759334.MP.jpg

• Love 1

I caved to some serious marketing. I was telling a coworker about the Guinness cascade effect, and pulled up a video on YouTube to show her, and I’ll be damned that it didn’t look like the most delicious, creamy stout I’d had in a long time. I couldn’t tell you the last time I had a Guinness Draught. So I bought a 4pk, and was so disappointed that I drank the entire thing. 

• Haha 3

On 9/28/2021 at 6:49 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

I’m about to disappoint…I learned the last time I drank during the week to not drink during the week. 

This reminds me of a FB post from my cousin who lives in Nashville from a few years ago:

"Today marks ten years since I've consumed any alcohol. Not coincidentally, it also marks ten years since I've peed on anyone's couch."

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Grumps said:

This reminds me of a FB post from my cousin who lives in Nashville from a few years ago:

"Today marks ten years since I've consumed any alcohol. Not coincidentally, it also marks ten years since I've peed on anyone's couch."

Life lessons, my friend.

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY got my first Xocoveza of the year tonight. The local brewery here has the tres leches version on tap as a guest beer. We were there for a citywide party in the new entertainment district we have. 

FWIW the tree leches version doesn't add much. Slightly "milkier" but otherwise it's just Xocoveza.

Now if only Ten Fidy would reappear down here. 

• Like 1

On 10/9/2021 at 7:58 AM, Grumps said:

• Haha 5

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/23/2021 at 11:43 PM, AUDub said:

FINALLY got my first Xocoveza of the year tonight. The local brewery here has the tres leches version on tap as a guest beer. We were there for a citywide party in the new entertainment district we have. 

FWIW the tree leches version doesn't add much. Slightly "milkier" but otherwise it's just Xocoveza.

Now if only Ten Fidy would reappear down here. 

I had some Tres Leches Xoco at the local craft watering hole. It’s fine. I think the regular is better, which I’m not sure even hit the shelves around here. 

I missed out on the Ten Fidy, despite watching the one case we got dwindle down. 😕

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I missed out on the Ten Fidy, despite watching the one case we got dwindle down. 😕

Don't know what's going on with their distribution. I didn't see it at all last year and have yet to have seen it this year. 

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

Don't know what's going on with their distribution. I didn't see it at all last year and have yet to have seen it this year. 

Stone hasn’t really been putting out new stuff into market since Covid. Could be supply chain issues, or possibly just dialing back production. We don’t have a local Stone rep for me to ask, and our distributor reps don’t know s***. 

My best advice is to write them via social or email. Most breweries are pretty transparent. 

Edit: Oskar Blues, thought we were still talking Xoco. Same opinion applies. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

Appropriately named. Feels good man. 

qaH8Fwm.jpg

Smacks you upside the head with the bourbon. Almost overwhelms you on the front end. Don't get the coffee, chocolate and vanilla until the back end, but it's very present.

I am a sucker for bourbon barrel aged stuff, and this is a very good sipper. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

54 minutes ago, AUDub said:

qaH8Fwm.jpg

Smacks you upside the head with the bourbon. Almost overwhelms you on the front end. Don't get the coffee, chocolate and vanilla until the back end, but it's very present.

We got our biggest BCBS allocation to date today. Memphis has never gotten the variants. Bottom right is a double barreled Elijah Craig aged for 2 years ($56.99). The one above it is Blanton’s aged for 18 months. 

y59f7Or.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

56 minutes ago, AUDub said:

qaH8Fwm.jpg

That is a damn fine beer. And I’m in your lane with the BBA stuff. Hit. Me.

EB22C4BB-85A6-40CF-82A6-FB3E1A541D7B.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Best Urban South Snoball Juice I’ve had. I’m a sucker for all satsuma related products.

BABtr7t.jpg

The SBJ series from US has been a damn hit. That said, most definitely enjoyed fresh. I’ll keep my eyes out for that one.

BTW, headed your way for the St Jude race next weekend.

23 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Top 5 Untitled Art sour

Kf92qM8.jpg

sZ6gnyH.jpg

That's a pretty damn beer. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

The SBJ series from US has been a damn hit. That said, most definitely enjoyed fresh. I’ll keep my eyes out for that one.

BTW, headed your way for the St Jude race next weekend.

I’m working all weekend. If you happen to find your way toward Collierville let me know. 

Or Cordova Flying Saucer. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Love 1