Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

41 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

So I gotta be honest, it's just kinda okay for us this year, but HMFFriday and cheers nonetheless!

PXL_20220121_233216279.MP.jpg

Man, it just don’t matter. It just…doesn’t matter. 

IT JUST DOESNT MATTER…..

Sorry for going all Meatballs on ya.

I decided to Triple Dog Dare myself…

C9902988-7C94-44FF-AFF2-AF4EE0737225.jpeg

• Love 2

34 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Man, it just don’t matter. It just…doesn’t matter. 

IT JUST DOESNT MATTER…..

Sorry for going all Meatballs on ya.

I decided to Triple Dog Dare myself…

C9902988-7C94-44FF-AFF2-AF4EE0737225.jpeg

If a playboy photographer shot a beer... The lighting!

And Fuge, I have no right to use this tone with you, but I'm prone to poor judgement on Friday nights:

Don't you ever ******* apologize for going all Meatballs on me. Yes, I do just so happen to be ready for the mother ******* summer!

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

If a playboy photographer shot a beer... The lighting!

And Fuge, I have no right to use this tone with you, but I'm prone to poor judgement on Friday nights:

Don't you ever ******* apologize for going all Meatballs on me. Yes, I do just so happen to be ready for the mother ******* summer!

*multipleloves

• Haha 1

Made a run up the road to Nashville for an overnighter with Mrs.ST . Stopped at bottle shop just to find stuff I can’t get at home. This is a tasty one I think- love a good stout when it’s cold outside:

A6E9B41E-9755-47E6-9C02-B63BE52FA09B.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, fredst said:

Made a run up the road to Nashville for an overnighter with Mrs.ST . Stopped at bottle shop just to find stuff I can’t get at home. This is a tasty one I think- love a good stout when it’s cold outside:

Mmmm creamy foamy head

23 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I would do bandname….but no.

The band’s one song: “BowChickaWowWow”, background for only certain types of film

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Homemade naan, Greek chicken, seasoned chickpeas for supper. Sharing is caring?

Homemade naan??

We did shrimp and lima beans over rice. Had it at Dookie Chase in NOLA and have always wanted to take a stab at it. As expected, mine was not as good. But it was okay. Actually cooked dried limas from one of the cajun online stores you turned me onto.

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Homemade naan??

We did shrimp and lima beans over rice. Had it at Dookie Chase in NOLA and have always wanted to take a stab at it. As expected, mine was not as good. But it was okay. Actually cooked dried limas from one of the cajun online stores you turned me onto.

Wait, shrimp and lima beans? Literally, two of my favorite food groups. I’ll do some digging.

Naan. Yeah, super easy. Who knew? I recommend full fat Greek yogurt.

https://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2019/02/garlic-naan-now-100-tandoor-free.html?m=1

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Wait, shrimp and lima beans? Literally, two of my favorite food groups. I’ll do some digging.

Naan. Yeah, super easy. Who knew? I recommend full fat Greek yogurt.

https://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2019/02/garlic-naan-now-100-tandoor-free.html?m=1

Yeah buddy the sweetness of the shrimp plays real nice off the earthiness of the beans.

Ma Loof loves her some garlic naan. I love bread in all its wondrous forms.

• Love 1

Man, this is delicious. Really wanted to try the UA stuff after all the posts by Shocks. This is very fruity, not very sour, dangerously drinkable 

3857EF59-9172-4768-A495-261786E7B4F6.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 1/22/2022 at 6:03 PM, fredst said:

I was curious about this one. It was a hard one to push, especially after the holidays because of the adjuncts. We sold out before I could snag a 4pk. BIBCO does a good job with their pastry stouts where you don’t feel like you got the ‘beetus when you drink them. 

On 1/22/2022 at 6:03 PM, fredst said:

What bottle shop did you hit in Nashville if you don’t mind my asking?

8 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

What bottle shop did you hit in Nashville if you don’t mind my asking?

Literally “The Bottle Shop” out in Franklin. Stopped there because my neighbors had been and said their selection was pretty good. Easy stop on our route and really about 20-25 minutes our side of downtown Nashville if I decide to make a trip up again. They had a pretty good selection of beer and spirits, did not look at wine. Beer distribution is so poor to AL that it will be worth the occasional trip for sure. Do you know others that I should hit up there?

8 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Just a champagne Sunday 

s2gpBgp.jpg

Love it. Though he denied it later in life my Dad used to drink 12 of those bad boys every Saturday while grilling. Almost burned the house down once but otherwise was mellow with it, lol

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, fredst said:

Literally “The Bottle Shop” out in Franklin. Stopped there because my neighbors had been and said their selection was pretty good. Easy stop on our route and really about 20-25 minutes our side of downtown Nashville if I decide to make a trip up again. They had a pretty good selection of beer and spirits, did not look at wine. Beer distribution is so poor to AL that it will be worth the occasional trip for sure. Do you know others that I should hit up there?

Craft Brewed is the only shop I ever hit in Nashville. Great selection, and you can pull a single of anything you want; probably an inventory nightmare for them, but when in Rome. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, fredst said:

Love it. Though he denied it later in life my Dad used to drink 12 of those bad boys every Saturday while grilling. Almost burned the house down once but otherwise was mellow with it, lol

I crushed a 6pk yesterday with ease. 

• Love 1

On 1/24/2022 at 12:49 AM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Just a champagne Sunday 

s2gpBgp.jpg

23 hours ago, fredst said:

Might've told this story before, but I sat down next to Lee from Brick Store at a dive bar in Atlanta and drank High Lifes (High Lives?) and Jamesons with him. Dude was in charge of their beer program at the height of the beer bar era. Like, it was literally his job to try all the best beers on the planet and to buy kegs of the ones that he could get to Georgia. And his off duty beer of choice was the Champagne. I felt very vindicated in that moment. 

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Parish been dropping some anniversary bombs lately. DDH Atticus, Braincake, and a bunch of stouts. Fingers crossed a few make it up this way. I hate the idea of paying a proxy from way off to get beer in my home state. That said, I guess if I wanted it bad enough….or if I was better connected….

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Parish been dropping some anniversary bombs lately. DDH Atticus, Braincake, and a bunch of stouts. Fingers crossed a few make it up this way. I hate the idea of paying a proxy from way off to get beer in my home state. That said, I guess if I wanted it bad enough….or if I was better connected….

Perhaps a NOLA trip is in order. (...Loof says every time Fuge talks about anything NOLA.)

Sigh. Might be next year before we can get back down there.

Meeting some friends at a cabin in Sylva, NC this weekend. I think I'm going to wait to do my beer shopping until I get up there. 

• Love 1