Baseball vs Ole Miss - SEC Tournament

2 run error on a routine play to SS......unbelievable....

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Single and a walk gives OM runners at 1st and 2nd with one out.  Pop out for out #2.

Throwing error by Will Holland allows two runs to score.  OM  now with a runner at 3rd, two outs.   Good throw ends the inning.

Next batter flies out.

2-0 OM thru 3

Just now, auburntiger1987 said:

Why would you not try to toss to second and get the force?

my first thought but runner was pretty close to the base....so probably made the right choice but throw as awful 

2 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I must have missed something. Why isn't Casey pitching in the tourney?

We’re probably saving him. Have 2 to lose. 

1 minute ago, auburntiger1987 said:

Why would you not try to toss to second and get the force?

Went to his back-hand.  Not sure he had time to get it there with runner moving on contact.

I’d like to beat these guys by a double digit spread.  We need to start hitting it ... a lot.

shut up the ole miss fans that are cheering too loud in “our” park!

I mean that is as routine as a play gets at short.  Not a very good effort trying to pick that ball at first base either.  He wasn't even close. 

And Holland swings at one in the dirt for strike 3.....trying o make up for his error perhaps.....a bit too eager at the plate....

1 minute ago, rhughes said:

I mean that is as routine as a play gets at short.  Not a very good effort trying to pick that ball at first base either.  He wasn't even close. 

Anthony is still relatively new to playing 1B.  Just moved there a few weeks ago.

2 minutes ago, rhughes said:

Should have  been a routine throw but the ball hit way short of IB and never came up off the ground.  JMO but Anthony has done as well as Venter there...and Venter has been better at 3rd than at first....JMO but it was a good move.

OM caught stealing....slow track on that wet field and the thief was out by plenty....nice throw and tag...

OM gets a leadoff single but runner is caught stealing.  Great throw by Wright.

Pop out and a K end it.

2-0 OM thru 4

Julien gives one a ride to center but it's tracked down.  It's a homer at Plainsman Park.

Estes flies out & Jarvis grounds out.

Five pitch inning for Rollison.  Halfway home.

5 pitch inning by OM....dang......not even a minor threat .

Do we have a hit yet?......think the OM pitcher has only faced the minimum number of batters...

12 minutes ago, rhughes said:

He seemed much better at 3rd and Venter seemed better at 1st.  Why did they switch again?

Venter was ok at first. He had a lot of trouble digging in the dirt to make plays . Bu he was just not comfortable there because he's a 3rd baseman. Anthony is versatile and can play both although he was great at 3rd. Since the switch both of them have come alive at the plate so it's been a great thing for Auburn.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

5 pitch inning by OM....dang......not even a minor threat .

Do we have a hit yet?......think the OM pitcher has only faced the minimum number of batters...

No, we do not have a hit.  I believe he's faced one over the minimum.

Burns works around a two out double.  He's dealing.  68 pitches thus far.  The two runs OM have were both unearned.

2-0 OM thru 5

Archived