Baseball vs Ole Miss - SEC Tournament

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Rebels going to the pen again here with a 2-2 count on Anthony.

Gotta stop the bleeding if you’re Ole Miss. 

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was close but he was safe

why am I happy that rollison got a couple ER’s on him.  Guess I’m still bitter by the sweep in oxford.

we finally found our O

Pulled pitcher with a 2-2 count.......wonder if manage pulled him for making a wrong pitch.....did not throw what the catcher was expecting resulting in the PB and an AU run..... 

1 minute ago, mustache eagle said:

Ummm, wth ... bunt attempt with 2 strikes?

Wondering if someone forgot the count when they changed pitchers...that was not a good time to try a bunt with someone who is not a very good bunter. 

Where is Mikey when we need him. ?

I say we just bring in Casey if the game stays close and we need the save. Our bullpens shaky and we really need this win to host

Well I'll take the lead, but that's a bit baffling.

2 minutes ago, au302 said:

I say we just bring in Casey if the game stays close and we need the save. Our bullpens shaky and we really need this win to host

A win today or tomorrow are equal in terms of hosting.  Even if we were to lose today, we'd play another top 10 team in UGA tomorrow.  Save Casey for that.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

A win today or tomorrow are equal in terms of hosting.  Even if we were to lose today, we'd play another top 10 team in UGA tomorrow.  Save Casey for that.

Good point. Just hope Burns can keep going strong as we all do. This is huge 

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Guess I'd prefer to win the game we are currently in position to win...

Meanwhile Holland bails out a couple team mates by making a circus catch in short left....

Just now, AU64 said:

Meanwhile Holland bails out a couple team mates by making a circus catch in short left....

You don't blow Casey Mize today.  That's short sighted.

Gotta trust what you have in other guys at some point.

Burns allows a leadoff single but nothing else.  Nice play by Holland in the inning on a shallow fly ball.

3-2 AU thru 7

Burns puts them away for 7 complete innings....very good day for him...and still has some heat....couple 93mph pitches when he needed them.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Any chance we could throw Casey today in the ninth and still start him tomorrow? I’m not incredibly knowledgeable about this stuff but could it be done?

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Good point but on the other hand, Casey has not been unbeatable lately and there are no guarantees with the dawg.

But I'm good with Burns until he gets into serious trouble....but I sure don't know who you mean when say.. Trust.....

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

That is davis’ weakness as compared to the freshman LF

3 minutes ago, au302 said:

Any chance we could throw Casey today in the ninth and still start him tomorrow? I’m not incredibly knowledgeable about this stuff but could it be done?

Not really something you would do.  Casey isn't a bullpen guy and is not used to pitching on back-to-back days.  Getting his arm warm on two straight days would be potentially dangerous for his career.  Starters are very much creatures of routine.

Archived