Baseball vs Texas A&M (SEC Tourney)

Well this starts off with some interesting news. aTm is pitching their #2 guy who we did descent against this year & holding their #1 til tomorrow or Saturday who shut us down earlier this year.

42 minutes ago

Interesting. will go with LHP John Doxakis against and Casey Mize tonight — not Mitchell Kilkenny as expected.

DeAIcZeVwAAm6uo.jpg

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well this starts off with some interesting news. aTm is pitching their #2 guy who we did descent against this year & holding their #1 til tomorrow or Saturday who shut us down earlier this year.

My guess... Since they're in double elimination still, they don't want to use their best against AU's best since Mize is a clear advantage.  Roll the dice in this one and save #1 for a potential "must win" against the next team's (probably) not #1.  

...sorta like being down 10 late in a football game.  You need two scores anyway, take the FG.

7 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

My guess... Since they're in double elimination still, they don't want to use their best against AU's best since Mize is a clear advantage.  Roll the dice in this one and save #1 for a potential "must win" against the next team's (probably) not #1.  

...sorta like being down 10 late in a football game.  You need two scores anyway, take the FG.

Yeah. And from a selfish stand point. If we win today I'd rather their #1 go tomorrow against Ole Miss's offense.

34 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Prime directive in tournaments: "Stay in the winner's bracket if at all possible". I'm glad they are doing it this way but that's because I'm an Auburn fan. It's also possible they looked at Mize's last start and think they can score a bunch after five or six innings. That's not a bad gamble.

13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Prime directive in tournaments: "Stay in the winner's bracket if at all possible". I'm glad they are doing it this way but that's because I'm an Auburn fan. It's also possible they looked at Mize's last start and think they can score a bunch after five or six innings. That's not a bad gamble.

When you start playing games down the road, it usually leads to trouble.

anyone think the game will start on time?

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

nope

thank you kind sir

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

The last thing I saw on the TV screen was 6:00 pm. Of course, that could still be pushed back further.

12 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Couple minutes ago they said 7:30 EST....but I doubt it the way the game is going.  Not much pace to it....and of course there is the weather.   Can't imagine there will be two games tonight...not really fair having teams playing at midnight and later.. 

Just now, AU64 said:

Couple minutes ago they said 7:30 EST....but I doubt it the way the game is going.  Not much pace to it....and of course there is the weather.   Can't imagine there will be two games tonight...not really fair having teams playing at midnight and later.. 

Luckily with the schedule tomorrow, they could easily play the late game around noon since there are only two on the Friday slate.  One team would have to play twice, but thems the breaks sometimes.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Luckily with the schedule tomorrow, they could easily play the late game around noon since there are only two on the Friday slate.  One team would have to play twice, but thems the breaks sometimes.

True...but better than getting back to the hotel at 2 AM....If it were me and I had a choice I would take the double header....

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

True...but better than getting back to the hotel at 2 AM....If it were me and I had a choice I would take the double header....

In a heartbeat.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

DeAIcZeVwAAm6uo.jpg

If they keep pushing the starting time for this game back it'll soon be tomorrow. ?

Great DP.....and needed.....aggies getting bats on CM's pitches......

Hell of a play at short for the DP. 

Hope this first time through the lineup helps us get a bead on this kid. He’s having a good game in the mound so far. 

17 minutes ago, big_al_from_auburn2 said:

First post - but why aren’t we home? Thought we were the higher seed....

I heard on the radio earlier that you can’t be the visitor 3 games in a row and aTm would have been.  

Damn. Conor got good wood on that one. 

Archived