Baseball vs Texas A&M (SEC Tourney)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UGH....Mize having problems getting past the 6th inning or so lately.....could have had the second out but not well played by Anthony and then a sharp single...two on and one out....need a nice DP to close this one out....

Hanging curve to their best hitter....and Williams slow getting the ball back to the infield....two runs in and AU down 3-0

Well....sharply hit ball to CF and the aggie runner is doubled off second.....looked like the ball was going to drop but nice play by Estes to get CM out of the inning.  Aggies have him timed and making solid connection. 

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

The last 3 games Casey has not been as sharp......

No but he doesn’t get much run support either. He’s pitching with too much pressure on him to be perfect. Auburn needs to start hitting the damn ball. Lol

I don’t know if it’s the #1 overall pick talks that have him distracted, but he doesn’t look like the #1 overall pick to me. He’s about to be 9-5 on the year. I understand the K vs BB ratio, but he has not been sharp at all these past few weeks. It should Casey Mize throwing a no-hitter right now.

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Hanging curve to their best hitter....and Williams slow getting the ball back to the infield....two runs in and AU down 3-0

Wasn't a hanger and it was the slider, Shewmake just went down and got that one.  He's an all american for a reason..

AU still can't hit the breaking ball......out guys have been well scouted and are helping the pitcher swinging at balls out of the zone..

Just now, autigeremt said:

No but he doesn’t get much run support either. He’s pitching with too much pressure on him to be perfect. Auburn needs to start hitting the damn ball. Lol

Everybody throws their best at AU when Casey's on the bump. Yes to the pressure. I mentioned it a while back. 

1 minute ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Wasn't a hanger and it was the slider, Shewmake just went down and got that one.  He's an all american for a reason..

Whatever it was...check the replay....it barely moved and right in the middle of the strike zone...just a pitching mistake....and yep you can't make mistakes against a guy like that...

Hitting is an embarrassment tonight.

6 minutes ago, auburntiger1987 said:

We could literally have about 4 runs walked in right now if you stand like a statue. 

You are correct.  I think we've got to take a strike or two from here on out.  HPU has a pretty wide strike zone but he isn't giving away the bottom of the zone.

4 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

I don’t know if it’s the #1 overall pick talks that have him distracted, but he doesn’t look like the #1 overall pick to me. He’s about to be 9-5 on the year. I understand the K vs BB ratio, but he has not been sharp at all these past few weeks. It should Casey Mize throwing a no-hitter right now.

Not going to put that record on Casey alone. Not to be snarky but the folks making these projections know a little about pitching.

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

AU still can't hit the breaking ball......out guys have been well scouted and are helping the pitcher swinging at balls out of the zone..

This Aggie pitcher is a lefty too.

Anyone else let’s three runs score in 7 innings, they get praised. Casey’s “rough stretches” outside of Ole Miss are called ace performances at 100 other D1 schools. But TAMUs pitcher looking a bit too similar to Hilliard from last week for my taste...

Archived