Baseball vs Texas A&M (SEC Tourney)

Ole Miss is pitching MacArthur tomorrow. Know he shut AU down last time, but he’s still a 4.5 ERA guy. If Mitch has his breaking ball working, I like AU’s chances a lot 

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not going to read the entire thread.  Sitting behind the 3rd base dugout it seemed like the home plate ump was very inconsistent.  Did it appear that way on TV?

1 hour ago, WarEagle2423 said:

Would he have made it though? 

Yes, if he didn't stop.  After he stopped, no he wouldn't have.  

1 hour ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Couldn’t hit tonight. My biggest fear in a regional is a lefty who knows how to throw a 57-foot breaking ball. That said, with Ole Miss using Carresi tonight and with Mitchell/Greenhill available tomorrow, I like the chance of getting into the semis and getting that one W for forty wins and a hosting chance. I’m also more confident after this week that Auburn has the pitching to run through a regional.

And after changing things up with bringing my mom tonight, I have to go back to work tomorrow so won’t be in Hoover at all until Saturday...if tomorrow’s an L as well, I will own up to it being my fault there is no regional baseball in Plainsman...

Fear not my friend, for I believe the baseball gods have smiled upon Auburn and we are in good shape to host either way. Could be wrong, but it’s hard to keep an SEC team with an RPI of 12 and a win shy of 40 total out of a hosting bid. I think that win against Ole Miss did it. I would certainly feel a bit better about it with another W though, of course

I hope this team can achieve at the mental regrouping they need right now. Ole Miss throwing one of their higher ERA guys, and Mitchell has been really good for us as of late. In order to win tomorrow, they’ve just gotta get tonight out of their heads. Come back tomorrow with a different approach. We’ve gotta have better at-bats and frankly, just more dadgum hits. 

I think we’ve done what we needed in order to host a regional, but another win over Ole Miss tomorrow would mean an almost sure thing.

5 hours ago, around4ever said:

I'm not going to read the entire thread.  Sitting behind the 3rd base dugout it seemed like the home plate ump was very inconsistent.  Did it appear that way on TV?

It was very consistent wide, strike zone was at least a ball out and in (24 inches side to side).  The bottom of the zone was very inconsistent.

Archived