Baseball vs Ole Miss Part 2 (SEC Tourney)

Venter flies out on a breaking ball to CF.  Inning over.  No score thru 3.  Mitchell will face the heart of UM order in the 4th.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

how is that possible.  that cant be coincidence?  they let their intensity and focus down because they assume mize will do enough?  i assume its subconscious and mental, but they have to feel some culpability to the guys on the mound.

AU usually faced the opposing teams' best pitchers on Friday nights. That's a big part of it.

that interview screwed the game mojo up ... cbt should know better than to say positive things about his pitcher while he is on the mound ... hopefully cbt is cussing mitchell now and the good mojo shows back up ...

Just now, SCTiger2011 said:

Leadoff single for Ole Miss

Ugh oh. You knew Ole Miss would figure it out sooner or later though. 

1 minute ago, mustache eagle said:

that interview screwed the game mojo up ... cbt should know better than to say positive things about his pitcher while he is on the mound ... hopefully cbt is cussing mitchell now and the good mojo shows back up ...

Yeah look what happened.

Flyout to RF inning over.  2-0 Ole Miss to B4.  Tigers need to start helping out their pitchers at the plate.  Need to get a leadoff guy on

McArthur using more of his breaking ball this time through the lineup.  Julien goes down on strikes.  1 out

Another K for Mitchell.  This one of Olenek.  Just looking like a damn ace against arguably the best hitting team in the conference.  Feel for him right now as he's not getting any support at the plate. AU down 2-0 to B5.

If I were an opposing pitcher I'd never throw a fast ball to an AU batter that was anywhere near the strike zone.......just throw breaking balls and then an occasional FB about eye high. 

Archived