Baseball vs Ole Miss Part 2 (SEC Tourney)

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rojas pinch hitting...K (on a ball six inches outside where the umpire just wants to go home).  Ballgame.  Final: Ole Miss 7, Auburn 0.  Auburn goes 2-2 in Hoover, finishes the season 18-17 against conference opponents in the hardest conference in baseball, and will now wait to see who they will face in a regional.  Will be interesting to see what team comes to the plate in regionals.  Auburn could either put up 25 runs and run through a regional in 3 games or put up 4 and be eliminated in two.  Liking where the pitching staff is though.  

Auburn is still in a rebuilding phase and doing this well. I'm thinking it can only go up from here.  It's all gonna be alright.

Tough night but overall good to win a couple of games in this tournament. We have 2 or 3 players who need to quit rolling their eyes and looking back at the ump on called strikes every at bat. It doesn’t endear you to the men who wear blue. 

That was an ugly game.  Fielders slipping and batters not swinging the bat.  When we got base runners, they were not aggressive at all. Gabe was partly to blame but part of it was on the runners.  Still a good season and tournament.  We have a shot at a regional but I wouldn't be surprised if we get a two seed in ACC territory. 

8 minutes ago, around4ever said:

That was an ugly game.  Fielders slipping and batters not swinging the bat.  When we got base runners, they were not aggressive at all. Gabe was partly to blame but part of it was on the runners.  Still a good season and tournament.  We have a shot at a regional but I wouldn't be surprised if we get a two seed in ACC territory. 

Were you at the game?

Auburn is still CWS bound. The starting pitching was good these 4 games, giving up 1, 1, 4, and 4 earned runs. The offense was 'off' for the most part but should be better against non SEC caliber pitching. Whichever regional Auburn ends up in, the 3 opponents in it will not be as good as the 3 Auburn faced in the SEC tourney.

6 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Auburn is still CWS bound. The starting pitching was good these 4 games, giving up 1, 1, 4, and 4 earned runs. The offense was 'off' for the most part but should be better against non SEC caliber pitching. Whichever regional Auburn ends up in, the 3 opponents in it will not be as good as the 3 Auburn faced in the SEC tourney.

Good points! Hope you’re right! 

9 hours ago, around4ever said:

OM owned us this year...think we were 0-5 or something.....maybe we got one that I forgot  ..sure did not match up well with them.

As noted...hope we are not seeing SEC teams for a while.

56 minutes ago, AU64 said:

OM owned us this year...think we were 0-5 or something.....maybe we got one that I forgot  ..sure did not match up well with them.

As noted...hope we are not seeing SEC teams for a while.

Like me, you have a short memory.  We beat them on Wednesday in Round 2.  We were 1-4 against them. They are a good team. 

3 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Like me, you have a short memory.  We beat them on Wednesday in Round 2.  We were 1-4 against them. They are a good team. 

Thanks...you get the prize....about ten minutes after I sent that, I was standing in the kitchen thinking about breakfast and ...bing  !....the game a couple days ago came to mind.....but the basic premise is there.....we don't match up well and I will be glad to play some non-SEC teams for a while...

11 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Tough night but overall good to win a couple of games in this tournament. We have 2 or 3 players who need to quit rolling their eyes and looking back at the ump on called strikes every at bat. It doesn’t endear you to the men who wear blue. 

Exactly. If it's close enough for the ump to make a mistake, it's so close that you should have tried to hit it. I hate a called third strike!

Archived