SEC Coach Blasts Malzahn

WDE_OxPx_2010

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody can throw the word anonymous in front of the statement and spout off ridiculous and false statements without blowback. It’s merely a powerplay for people to let their guard down and not think critically about the things they read. It often works until something as blatantly false as this draws out the red flags. 

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Mullen, Boom, Pruitt, Smart, Jimbo all would've said that under the guise of anonymity

Jimbo is like that is chump change

giphy.gif

“Any time you’ve got somebody that scores points like Jimbo Fisher, you better watch out,” one coach said. “He can score points. Your defense plays to the offense’s personality. Jimbo’s offenses are physical and tough. I know they’ll practice more physical than with Kevin Sumlin. That alone will make them better. Jimbo is a hard-nosed guy, he ain’t no foo-foo guy. He coaches quarterbacks like some people coach defensive linemen. That will translate into some positives.”

BTW, this is what was said about Jimbo in Lindy's article.

Hmmm? Definitely Gus Malzhan lingo

Mysteriously, video of the actual interview with the alleged SEC coach who bashed Malzahn has surfaced with the coach demonstrating what an idiot Gus is.

giphy.gif

45 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Mullen, Boom, Pruitt, Smart, Jimbo all would've said that under the guise of anonymity

I figure all of them have more class and more guts.....but I could be wrong.....

2 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Malzahn Blasted

An anonymous SEC coach gave this scorching take on Gus Malzahn in national magazine
BY JORDAN D. HILL

jhill@ledger-enquirer.com

May 25, 2018 12:07 PM

Lindy’s Sports annual college magazine typically asks SEC football coaches about the other teams in the conference and prints their responses under the condition of anonymity. When the topic of Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn came up, one coach didn’t hold back.

"Auburn is paying Gus Malzahn $50 million [Malzahn’s seven-year contract pays him $49 million], and he underachieved again," the SEC coach told Lindy’s. "If Nick Saban had Auburn's talent, he'd have won national championships the last two years. Auburn had the best front seven in college ball last year, but the offense sometimes disappears.

"If Gus would leave (offensive coordinator) Chip Lindsey alone, Auburn would be more explosive. Instead, they lost to Central Florida (in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl) and got the crap kicked out of them by Georgia in the SEC championship game after beating Georgia a few weeks before. And they give him a new contract? For what? Mediocrity?"

The Tigers beat two No. 1 teams in the 2017 season and ended the regular season with 10 victories. Auburn then ended the year with two consecutive losses, falling in the SEC Championship Game to Georgia in Atlanta 28-7 then losing in the Peach Bowl to undefeated UCF 34-27.

Auburn will try to break its Atlanta losing streak on Sept. 1 when it opens the 2018 season against Washington in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game.

I bet $50 Million dollars it was coach Boom. Sounds like his sound bite.

POLL: Who do you think said it?

For whoever it was, what is their record against Saban and how many SEC titles and SEC West titles do they have?

Ah, the ole anonymous quote from an SEC insider that could literally have been made up by any nimrod that reads a fan board. Now that’s hard hitting reporting right there. :)

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

I figure all of them have more class and more guts.....but I could be wrong.....

You are...

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You are...

Sorry to hear that....

15 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Sorry to hear that....

Well, several of those coaches have the same agent who is revered for his tactics of scourging institutions for their highest worth. Not to say the schools don't have their own selfish ambitions, but is being associated with someone like that very classy?  Classiness is far and few among big businesses like this and millions of dollars exchanging between individuals.

24 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well, several of those coaches have the same agent who is revered for his tactics of scourging institutions for their highest worth. Not to say the schools don't have their own selfish ambitions, but is being associated with someone like that very classy?  Classiness is far and few among big businesses like this and millions of dollars exchanging between individuals.

Working the system for the best contract.?....don't blame anyone for that...I did it too back in the day when I got paid for doing stuff.....but it's chick**S*** to get quoted anonymously in a trade publication about someone you probably play golf with at coaches meetings and have friendly chats before football games.   Not saying there aren't some chi******** guys in the business but I keep hoping that's not the case.  

That comment in Lindy's is just one more good reason to adopt Mikey's philosophy......F*** the rest of the SEC and especially the other coaches.  

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

Class... Lol. Guts? Don't think that really applies here. 

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Class... Lol. Guts? Don't think that really applies here. 

I figure gutless is when you make statements like that and then say...."but don't quote me"....:dunno:

39 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Working the system for the best contract.?....don't blame anyone for that...I did it too back in the day when I got paid for doing stuff.....but it's chick**S*** to get quoted anonymously in a trade publication about someone you probably play golf with at coaches meetings and have friendly chats before football games.   Not saying there aren't some chi******** guys in the business but I keep hoping that's not the case.  

That comment in Lindy's is just one more good reason to adopt Mikey's philosophy......F*** the rest of the SEC and especially the other coaches.  

Working the system is never classy. That means you are ambitious and selfishly vested in your own interest oppose to others, even if it means getting over on them. I mean we are talking about being classy, right ?

I don’t think it was very classy for him to use Arkansas as leverage against AU, especially prior to seasons end. Smart? Yes. Classy? Honorable? No.

23 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I figure gutless is when you make statements like that and then say...."but don't quote me"....:dunno:

Why on Earth would you say something like that on record? Lol. Weird.

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

Working the system is never classy. That means you are ambitious and selfishly vested in your own interest oppose to others. I mean we are talking about being classy, right ?

I'm all for coaches or anyone else making whatever they can make through negotiation or changing jobs.   I'm thinking that's pretty normal....until comes to maliciously undermining someone else in the process.    

Reply to McLoofus

Guess some SEC coaches might consider that if they can throw mud on an opposing coach, it might help them in recruiting....and since nobody really likes the mud thrower very much, they hide behind a "journalist" who is willing to protect them.   CS actions IMO....as I noted ...   

From the quotes about our line it looks like someone who played us last year. Mullen wouldn't talk about pay raises like that as he didn't do crap and got paid, Georgia and Bama is mentioned so it's not Smart or Saban. My money is on Pruitt and he seems like the type to start trash.

That being said, they are freaking spot on.

You don't beat your rival once every four years and deserve a pay raise. Do it consistently. And quit handcuffing your own players and coaches. 

8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I'm all for coaches or anyone else making whatever they can make through negotiation or changing jobs.   I'm thinking that's pretty normal....until comes to maliciously undermining someone else in the process.    

Reply to McLoofus

Guess some SEC coaches might consider that if they can throw mud on an opposing coach, it might help them in recruiting....and since nobody really likes the mud thrower very much, they hide behind a "journalist" who is willing to protect them.   CS actions IMO....as I noted ...   

It is pretty normal . What is not normal is being classy. That is my point. I don’t know why you are assuming most of these guys are classy lol or even surprised that they aren’t. I would argue high percentage of these coaches are far from classy. Doesn’t make them evil individuals.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

It is pretty normal . What is not normal is being classy. That is my point. I don’t know why you are assuming most of these guys are classy lol or even surprised that they aren’t. I would argue high percentage of these coaches are far from classy. Doesn’t make them evil individuals.

Got me there.....considering what goes on during recruiting, I was REALLY naïve to consider that any of them are above whatever sleaze that will help them.   Thanks for waking me up...

Let's not forget that the Ray Rice video coming out when it did is the only reason Gus didn't sign Jonathan Taylor.

Class? Guts? Hah.

If it is actually a real quote is indeed someone who actually does care about Chip Lindsey as they went out there way to call out that working relationship. 

Archived