SEC Coach Blasts Malzahn

WDE_OxPx_2010

I must be missing something. It says AU got the crap kicked out of them by US in the SEC championship game. That can only be Kirby Smart or another Georgia coach. Note the OP article doesn't say HC.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I must be missing something. It says AU got the crap kicked out of them by US in the SEC championship game. That can only be Kirby Smart or another Georgia coach. Note the OP article doesn't say HC.

Nowhere does it say US.  Please read the article and not the quotes from the AU Family conspiracy theorists.  

4 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

Nowhere does it say US.  Please read the article and not the quotes from the AU Family conspiracy theorists.  

You're right. My bad. But again I would note it doesn't HC.

19 hours ago, TigerTale said:

That's a made-up quote. Any sportswriter could come up with that. Gotta sell those magazines somehow. Seriously, who buys those glossy pre-season magazines anymore?

I highly doubt a quote from an SEC coach on page 87 is going to sell the magazine.  If the front cover said SEC Coach blasts GUS Malzahn then it might sell some extra copies.

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

You're right. My bad.

You are good.  I just can't believe the amount of people who instantly think it is fake and that no coach would say that about Gus or Auburn.  The reference to Saban winning a title with these players is a direct shot to our coaching abilities and player management.  Someone who watches lots of tape and more than likely game prepped for us thought that we had a ton of talent that was not put in positions to succeed on a consistent basis.  Whether you agree with the statements or not, it was a free opportunity to cast doubts in recruits minds about playing at Auburn.

58 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

I can't say I disagree with anything that this coach said in this interview.  What do others disagree with?  My bet is that it was Dan Mullen.  They do not like each other going back to the Cam thing.  

I was thinking the same thing in the beginning

25 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

12 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

8 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

You're right. My bad. But again I would note it doesn't HC.

The US "quote" was said by me as a joke, early in the thread, but I'm flattered to be considered SEC head coach material.

With that said, I admit I'm one who is very skeptical that it was really said by a coach.  Not because I believe a coach wouldn't say it (again Boom & Pruitt are my likely suspects because of their histories with Gus), but rather I absolutely feel a "media" member would make up BS to call attention to himself.

Also the Chip comment, I truly thought was just message board material (that I happen to agree with) so if a coach really DID say this, I find that VERY interesting.....and telling.

I’d bet it was Pruitt. A lot hate Kirby around here but doesn’t really seem like his style to say stuff like this.

however I do silently hope that it gets leaked that it was Derek Mason because how funny would that be?

Whoever it was , said what I lot of people are thinking. This is for sure. 

I would say Pruitt. I actually think less of him than little nicky or bowl cut. He's got some serious head and mouth problem's. The bald vols  dislike for anything Auburn has always been clearly evident.  

Says SEC coach not HC.......we should put Alex Jones on the case.....to avoid any thoughts of a consiracy theory ?

Good catch, @kevon67. It's entirely possible it's not a HC. If it was HC they would've specified IMO to give it more dramatic value

54 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Says SEC coach not HC.......we should put Alex Jones on the case.....to avoid any thoughts of a consiracy theory ?

Alex Jones would say it's not really an SEC coach at all.  Rather the writer just SAYS "SEC coach" to keep suspicion off of the REAL source..... One Rhett Lashlee.

:beer2:

30 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Alex Jones would say it's not really an SEC coach at all.  Rather the writer just SAYS "SEC coach" to keep suspicion off of the REAL source..... One Rhett Lashlee.

:beer2:

He would most likely blame it on " the frikin frogs"?

1 hour ago, cctiger said:

I would say Pruitt. I actually think less of him than little nicky or bowl cut. He's got some serious head and mouth problem's. The bald vols  dislike for anything Auburn has always been clearly evident.  

Some of the stuff Pruitt did at UGA is off the charts unreal and it is amazing he was able to get a head coaching gig.  With that being said, I really think this reeks of Dan Mullen.  Great coach, but one smug SOB who would definitely say this about Gus.  

I dont really see any lies. Incredible receiver talented, incredible RB talent, decent OL talent but atrocious OL coaching, incredible DL talent, talented on the back end as well. Best kicker. Just a complete inability to coach around the QB position being lackluster. If Saban could win with Jake Coker, he probably couldve made Jeremy or Sean something. 

23 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Let's not forget that the Ray Rice video coming out when it did is the only reason Gus didn't sign Jonathan Taylor.

Class? Guts? Hah.

And you know this how?

13 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Speak up Bird! He can’t hear you

Oh, I'mm pretty sure he doesn't want to either.

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

Oh, I'mm pretty sure he doesn't want to either.

Some of these individuals are petty AF with these facepalms lol. 

The alternate question is, could Saban have beaten Bama's talent with Auburn's talent?  I'm not so sure about that. Granted, it has only happened twice during Malzahn's HC tenure, but who else has beaten them more often during that span?

Archived