NCAA's Men's Golf Championship Stroke Play

augolf1716

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburn really fell apart finishing their 1st round this morning.  6 over on their last 4 holes to finish at 12 over.  Was looking hopeless at that point.  A long way to go, but they are on a tear to start their 2nd round, 5 under and on the 5th hole, back to 7 over,  and moved up 8 spots already.   

Now 7 under on the round, only halfway thru the front nine, moved up 12 spots already....at least I haven't jinxed them yet  :)

Thank god for this morning so far tied for 18th at the moment........................ I though we had a bad round but damn Fl. fell apart yesterday

Our biggest advantage at this point in the round is that we haven't already s*** away our low round throw-out golfer like a bunch of teams have.

3 birdies on the final hole to close strong and shoot 8 under, 20 shots better than yesterday, and tied for the 2nd best round of the tournament so far.  We need a similar score to that tomorrow to be able to head into Monday with a comfortable chance to make match play.  War Damn Eagle!

Not a great start this morning, but we started on the back 9 and it is playing way tougher than the front, so no need to panic just yet.

Duke shoots an unbelievable 9 under on the back nine to start their round and move into a tie for first...just wow!

Man, 20 shots better yesterday is incredible.  -2 today thru holes 7-10.  Should be in great shape to make match play.

45 minutes ago, BhamCAT said:

Duke shoots an unbelievable 9 under on the back nine to start their round and move into a tie for first...just wow!

They're at -15 now for the day

Playing well and moving up, but as of right now we have a 6 stroke lead lead over 9th place.  I'd sure like more of a cushion than that headed into the final round of stroke play tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, BhamCAT said:

Playing well and moving up, but as of right now we have a 6 stroke lead lead over 9th place.  I'd sure like more of a cushion than that headed into the final round of stroke play tomorrow.

I thought stroke play ended today.  Usually just three rounds.

Cuts to top 15 today, then one more round tomorrow and cut to top 8, then match play tuesday and wednesday

Carries into tomorrow, then cuts to top 8 for match play.  It looks like we will have a 4 shot cushion over bama for the final spot.  Just shoot par or close and we should be safely in.

Top 3 teams are playing really well....it'd be nice to get into at least 5th to avoid a first round match-up with one of those in first round of match play.  Not to assume we make the cut to begin with, just sayin.

Coverage today on the golf channel from 3-7pm CST, I think par should be enough but I'd rather start off hot and not have to sweat it.

Also, Brandon Mancheno is in 2nd place at 7 under, 2 off the lead, for the individual championship.

Archived