NCAA's Men's Golf Championship Stroke Play

augolf1716

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

Heck... Auburn did better than that against the Fighting Rickys. Pshaw....  :nopityA:;D

Indeed....that's a real wipe out....losing 8 and 7 in one match......did not know that was possible....

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Indeed....that's a real wipe out....losing 8 and 7 in one match......did not know that was possible....

It happen to me once I started out 3 down after three holes had to start pressing way to much and boom I'm dead in the water. Thank goodness it happen only once cause it is not fun

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

It happen to me once I started out 3 down after three holes had to start pressing way to much and boom I'm dead in the water. Thank goodness it happen only once cause it is not fun

Please explain the 8&7 or 3&2. I am not familiar with the scoring there. 

16 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Please explain the 8&7 or 3&2. I am not familiar with the scoring there. 

A guy has an 8 hole lead (won a net of 8 holes) and there's only 7 holes left to play

2 hours ago, ClarkGriswold said:

A guy has an 8 hole lead (won a net of 8 holes) and there's only 7 holes left to play

Ok thanks.  Wow.  That really was a curb stomp to end it after 11 holes. 

7 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Doesn't happen often especially at this level but yep it was a curb stomp to the max. Thanks Clark for explaining to AUB

7 hours ago, AUBwins said:

The only bigger joke than the outcome of the match was the piece in al.com today explaining what happened. 

Sounded like it was written by one of the player's girl friends.....the unfairness of it all,...... the "hostile crowd lining the greens,   ...."harnessing the energy of their strong support crowd"..  The writer was so caught up in the moment that he/she forget to provide the scores or mention any of the winning golfers.  Al.com at it's best..

Al.com is just bad. Had that been Auburn it would have read something like “Okie State has their way with the tigers”. It’s laughable. Was there even an article about the two schools being in the semis?? That’s pretty impressive from one conference and state. 

On 5/30/2018 at 6:16 PM, BJCrawford said:

I am thoroughly enjoying this Bama beatdown!!! Btw do they rank teams at the end or is ranking based on how the playoffs finish?? Could we end up higher if auburn played okie state better than Bama?

The Tigers tied for third overall with Duke following match play, the highest finish in program history. Auburn also ended the stroke play portion of the tournament in fifth, which was the best placing the Tigers have ever achieved, besting a tie for seventh in 1994.

Archived