NCAA's Men's Golf Championship Stroke Play

augolf1716

are all of the teams going off of the number 1 tee today? Read yesterday that the back nine was tough. Just watching scores and wondering if all are playing the holes in the same order. Thx

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's split tees, auburn started today on the front....it's gonna be a nail-biter all afternoon it looks like.

texas tech 9 over already without a single birdie....didn't see that coming.

2 minutes ago, BhamCAT said:

texas tech 9 over already without a single birdie....didn't see that coming.

Hoping they keep coming back to us also no one shooting under par for the day at the moment.

I like our chances if we can get thru the 10th hole clean, we are 5 over on that hole thru the first 3 rounds.  TV coverage can't get here soon enough, I want to see this dang course.

1 minute ago, BhamCAT said:

I like our chances if we can get thru the 10th hole clean, we are 5 over on that hole thru the first 3 rounds.  TV coverage can't get here soon enough, I want to see this dang course.

Same here 

Normally, I would rather be in the last group, but with the course playing this tough, I think it might be an advantage being the first group in the clubhouse.  Do you agree with that?

The bottom 6 inside the cut-line, our worst score is better than all but texas...that always makes me feel better to still have all 5 who can help down the stretch.

33 minutes ago, BhamCAT said:

Normally, I would rather be in the last group, but with the course playing this tough, I think it might be an advantage being the first group in the clubhouse.  Do you agree with that?

50/50 j/k I still would rather be last group so you know were you stand but at the same time I could it your way. Had to step away for a while and see AU is at +6 for today damn now we're going in the wrong direction

yep, double really hurt right there, and the 10th freaking really hurt like I was afraid of.

Mancheno playing well, but I hope the added pressure of the individual leaderboard doesn't hurt us as a team

if it comes to a tie, we have oklahoma and texas covered, but not bama or kent state.

18 minutes ago, BhamCAT said:

if it comes to a tie, we have oklahoma and texas covered, but not bama or kent state.

Can you explain what you mean by that? Thx!!

the throw out scores (worst score of the round) from each round are used for the tie-break

Ouch...AU guy in the water ....and his score has to count apparently.....team right on the cut.....

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Ouch...AU guy in the water ....and his score has to count apparently.....team right on the cut.....

Is this the reason we dropped two strokes at once or is this not in the score yet? Hoping some of these other teams behind us have some trouble as well 

25 minutes ago, BhamCAT said:

the throw out scores (worst score of the round) from each round are used for the tie-break

Look at you I'm impressed 

7 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Is this the reason we dropped two strokes at once or is this not in the score yet? Hoping some of these other teams behind us have some trouble as well 

He saved bogey.

Just tuned in, if back is playing harder, maybe others will drop. We are almost in the clubhouse.

Archived